help

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
crystal

help

Post by crystal »

hello. my name is crystal. i have just started this diet. i love it so far. i have a question about feeling hungry. i eat  and eat and eat but i still want food. will that pass. i have a food adiction like mr. wilson. i have gained 100 pounds since i had my daughter. will i slowly need less food to fight this? is it ok to eat like i am in the begining. i have been eating friuts and veggies and pop corn. what else can i do? GOD  BLESS YOU FOR YOUR BOOK
CRYST@L

I AM COUNTING ON JESUS  AND JESUS IS COUNTING ON ME
tcasola
Administrator

Re: help

Post by tcasola »

Yes, Crystal - as long as you eat the "approved" foods.

As Roger Troy has said many time: You need to eat as often as you can and as much as you want of all the non-fattening starchy carb recipes. Seems the body can't tell the difference between a non-fattening starchy carbs and a fattening starchy carbs . When you eat the non-fattening starchy carbs you eliminate your cravings for the fattening starchy carbs.

He also states: You also need to eat as often as you can and as much as you want of all the sweetest fresh fruits (or fruit smoothies) until your body just doesn't crave the sweets anymore. Once again the body can't tell the difference between fruit and/or regular sugar, so when you eat the fruit sugars it eliminates your cravings for the regular sugar foods.

You'll see - once you start eating as much as you want, when you want, you’ll soon find you’ll be too full for cravings. And after awhile, your body will start to reduce on craving, and you'll eat less.

Remember, just because a food or drink is "fat-free & sugar-free" or "low-calorie" does not necessarily mean non-fattening. Lots of low-calorie foods have very fattening ingredients in them; likewise, lots of sugar-free foods have very fattening ingredients in them, and lots of fat-free foods have regular sugar in them (very fattening).  Always remember that it's not "calories in, calories out", but it's "ingredients in, ingredients out".
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
niki

Post by niki »

hi crystal....in the first few months of this program,my daughter was saying to me,"every time i see you,you're eating....you're NEVER going to lose weight"......well,i'm 5-10 pounds from my goal...i lost almost 35 pounds,losing about 5 pounds a month for the first 6 months....i'm only losing about a pound a month now,but i don't care..i'm in for life......just keep eating until full.....i don't snack on fruit all day...i usually only eat fruit in the morning and maybe at dinnertime...i eat a few different varieties to really make a meal out of it....i'm a grazer,so i often like to snack on popcorn,soynuts with raisins or roasted chick peas......i caution people about the fruit juices and dried fruit they consume in the beginning...everyone knows how easily they lose weight...i have an underactive thyroid so i don't lose weight easily...it also depends on how much weight you need to lose.....i had about 40 to lose.....when you have more to lose,you usually lose more than i did in the same period of time......welcome to our boards....i wish you success..................niki
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Crystal,

I just want to add to the others that have answered.  Yes, you will end up not wanting as much.  When I first started, I also doubted that I would lose anything because I was eating so much... I was wrong - I lost!

A couple of weeks ago I noticed that I wasn't snacking very much - what I was eating at meals was holding me.  I LOVE THIS PROGRAM!!  Not a diet!!  As with Niki, I am in this for life.  Stick with us!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Crystal,

I have over 200 pounds to lose and I had the same concerns as you did my first month.  I ate everything LDL but I was eating like a HORSE!  LOL  Still, in three weeks time I had lost 6 pounds.  So to answer your question, yes, you are allowed to eat all of the LDL foods that you want, whenever you want.  And yes, you will eventually notice that you are unable to eat as much as when you first started.  Isn't God awesome??  *Smiles* 

Just keep doing what you're doing and it WILL work for you too!  ;D 

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by crystal »

well guess what? i know that you are not supposed to wiegh but to today makes my tenth day and i have lost 12 pounds! only 88 more to go! GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND THANKS!
CRYST@L

HarleyGrandma

Post by HarleyGrandma »

I am in day 3 of LDL, so far so good.. but you know what??  I feel guilty eating!!  I know before I was under eating, I was keeping it to 1000 calories a day or less.. and now I eat more,  I am staying strictly to the program and not eating between meals at all.. except for last night I made some of the recommended popcorn.. and I felt very guilty.. 
I do feel better already..  not so sluggish..  I know gluten of any kind is bad for me.
but hey, I am sticking to it and thats my story !!  he he he
crystal

Post by crystal »

well it is working for me. i basically eat when ever i want. i just stick to the plan. you can do it. i am praying for you.
CRYST@L

HarleyGrandma

Post by HarleyGrandma »

Thank you Crystal.. :)
akashawolfe
New, but learning

Post by akashawolfe »

8)  I'm so diggin' this way of eating...I too am a grazer and so I found I ate a LOT of soy nuts and popcorn the first two weeks..I'm now in my third, and I feel a lot less hungry.  I'm not eating quite the same volume but certainly till I am full...really full.  I'm definitely reducing my snacking, but when I want it, I HAVE IT!  Guilt has to fly out the window, but I understand having it.  We've been programed to feel that way for too long!  Eat and feel good...and rest comfortably in the knowledge that this is good....it's wonderful, and best of all...IT WORKS

LDL ROCKS!
Kash
"If that which you seek you find not within yourself. you'll not find it without."
niki

Post by niki »

hi kash...we are so totally on the same page....i love reading your posts....they reflect that you're really on the mark.....eating until full...can't eat as much.....it's really great,isn't it?........to eat this way AND lose weight......and not only no guilt.....i used to feel there was something wrong with me that i was hungry when noone else was....now it's wonderful to turn down food just because I'M NOT HUNGRY...keep up the good work.........sincerely,niki