Dramatic results anyone?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
myfavoritenurse

Dramatic results anyone?

Post by myfavoritenurse »

Hi everyone,

There is sooo much info on the boards it will take awhile to sort through it.  I was wondering if any of you have seen dramatic results (similar to those Roger Troy has seen).  You see, i need to have some very drastic results.  I know that the Lord is able and that He sent me to LDL, however I also know that patience with this weight problem (a problem of my own making/choosing) is a real struggle for me.  Hearing of the success of others really helps.  Thanks.

Carol
Matthew 28:20b  "lo, I am with you always even until the end of the age."
niki

Re: Dramatic results anyone?

Post by niki »

how dramatic are you talking about?....look at mary shrinking down to a size 2....ang lost another 6 pounds without needing to...just by continuing to follow this program...if you look on the success boards,you'll see loads of success stories.....niki
myfavoritenurse

Thanks Niki.  I've only scratched the surface of the success stories.  Haven't yet gotten to read where anyone (other than RT) started or where they are presently.  I need to loose about 150minimum 180 max.  Thanks for taking the time and giving the guidance.  I'll have to go back farther in the postings.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Hi Carol;

I know what you mean. The amount of previous postings are overwhelming, especially if you are like me and have a compulsion to read them ALL. I was not working at the time and it still took me 2 or 3 weeks to read all of them starting 2 months ago. And now I just read a bit everyday to keep up with what is current.

I am 45 and a half. I was 263# at my highest weight 2 years ago. Since starting on LDL I weighed 245# two months ago. And I weigh 232# now.  I have not set any definitive weight=loss goals (such as "I want to weigh X amount" or I want to lose X amount"). I simply want to be the woman God created me to be and that ain't obese!  I will eat the LDL way the rest of my life AND let the pounds fall where they may.
niki

Post by niki »

God bless you,sister....you WILL do it............niki
Mike

Post by Mike »

I realize I am not the same gender as you, however I have taken 10 inches off my waist, and lost 65 lbs in 6 months. I am currently going through a plateau but I expect that to end shortly.  My frame of mind is that I don't really look forward to weighing so much any more because I have never GAINED. I have always lost or recently stayed the same.  So, I know I will not gain and I just enjoy the ride because the clothes keep fitting different and I keep feeling better.  I am confident that I will lose a lot more in the future because I had a lot to lose from the start. It sometimes is hard to grasp, but we all need to realize that it WILL happen, it just takes a little time and patience. We did not get this way overnight and it will not go away overnight... Good luck, I hope this helps... Mike
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Carol,

One of the most dramatic things to me is that the cravings go  away, we eat as much as we want, and still lose weight! I am a newbie who will be coming up on a month this Thursday. I can honestly say that I have had very few cravings and those were manageable by following directions..I will be posting whatever the weight loss is this Thursday, but I am guessing the second month will be even greater as my body gets used to this new lifestyle.

God Bless you and yours,

Gregg
myfavoritenurse

Dear Mike and Gregg,

Thanks for your encouraging words.  I've been disappointed so many times with eating plans that I am a little reluctant to hope but hope and praying I am.  With His help how can I fail?
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Hi Carol,

Hope you don't mind me putting in my 2 ¢ (that's a cent sign for all you youngsters out there).

What is your definition of dramatic results? I'm a relative newbie (since July 13), and I am proud to say I dropped 3 pant sizes. This weekend I wore a shirt and dungarees that I haven’t worn in 2 years. For me that’s dramatic.

We’re a generation of instantaneous gratification. However in all my years of losing weight I’ve come too realized with instantaneous weight lost comes instantaneous weight gain. No where in Roger’s book does he say he lost all that weight in x days. It took a couple of years for him to get to his goal. Many of us believe you should not measure your success by how much weight you’ve lost. Some here feel scales should only be used with fishes. My bad joke is: scales are meant for pianos  ;D !!

Just as it was putting on the weight, it may be a while to lose it all. Think LONG TERM. That’s what I am doing. My new outlook is  “Slow and steady wins the race”.  Even if it take me over 5 years to loose all the weight I want to, I know in the long run I will be happy and healthier.  In previous posts I’ve mentioned my doctor firmly believes the slower you lose the weight, the more apt you are to keep it off, and it will be better for your whole body. Her mantra is “if you lose only 1 pound a week, in a year's time that is52 pounds lost. That would be 104 pounds lost in 2 years.

Also, the amount of weigh lost is affected by many factors. Everyone loses weight at different rates. It has to do with age, sex, one’s weight, exercise, etc..

Many may compare their lost to someone else’s, and get discouraged. Sometimes it is not the total of pounds that someone loses which is important. A 10 pound lost to one person could be as affected as a 30 pound lost to another. Think of it this way: If a 300-pound person loses 30 pounds, a 200-pound person loses 20 pounds, and a 100-pound person loses 10 pounds – the 300-pound person didn’t necessarily loose more weight then the other two. All three lost 10% of their body weight. Plus, if you are toning up muscle – your weight loss may seem slow, when in fact you are replacing fat with muscle, and your pant sizes are decreasing. Someone weighing 200 pounds with a body fat percentage of 25 is carrying around 50 pounds of extra fat. That same person weighing 200 pounds with 10 percent body fat would be carrying only 20 pounds of fat.

Just know you will lose weight. It’s inevitable. Why else would the Lord have guided you here ???  .... and be part of this wacky wonderful family ?!?!?!?
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
niki

Post by niki »

you're absolutely right,tom...i couldn't agree with you more....THAT'S why i wouldn't really like it if everyone wrote down what they lost.......if it makes ONE person feel bad,it's a bad idea............and on these boards,we're not about feeling bad(anyone)...we're about people feeling good...rebuilding their lives and their self esteem...we can't love others if we don't love ourselves.....HOW DARE we not esteem ourselves when Christ died for us.....
  SO that's what it's all about for me and what i want to impart on everyone here.....learning to esteem ourselves AND build each other up..........
  i'm on my last 5-10 pounds and i'm barely losing a pound a month.....i don't care.....food DOES NOT control me....the spirit of the living God does....before let's do lunch,i couldn't really make that statement about the part of my life having to do with food..........Praise God.........niki
myfavoritenurse

Tom, thanks for your encouragement.  You hit the nail on the head...instant gratification.  Eventhough it took me some 30 years to reach the size that I am now, I want to wake up tomorrow and be svelte.  Part of me says it doesn't matter if I loose no weight as long as my health improves and I feel better and my pride, (root of all sin) wants me to be thin again and look better.  Like all the "battle of the bulge" is the obvious battle when really it is the "battle of the flesh vs sin".  I know that I will be victorious in the real battle but I also want to be victorious in the obvious one too.  I am coming to realize more and more that with the fellowship I am discovering on the boards I am in the best platoon.  Thanks to ALL of you.

Carol
crystal

Post by crystal »

I JUST STARTED TOO. BUT I AM LOOSING WEIGHT FAST. YOU WILL SEE RESULTS AND THE COOLEST PART IS I AM NEVER HUNGRY AND IF I AM I EAT. I EAT ALL DAY I JUST STICK TO THE PLAN. YOU CAN DO IT!!! ;D
CRYST@L

I AM COUNTING ON JESUS  AND JESUS IS COUNTING ON ME
myfavoritenurse

Thanks Crystal.  I know Jesus is the answer and success is assured  Just don't like to wait.  i want everything yesterday.(LOL)
Tori

Post by Tori »

I think it is important that we all have encouragement, but the first thing that everyone needs to remember is that the Lord loves us all ... regardless of size ... and He wants us to have hope that we can do all things through Him! If we learn to love ourselves for the people that God made us to be, it is easier to be patient, knowing that in the end, we will transform ourselves into the man/woman that the Lord has in mind for us.

This verse has always been one of my favorites:

Proverbs 13:12 - "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, But when the desire comes, it is a tree of life." (NKJV)

That tells me not to lose hope, and that when my "desire", (for me, that is to be healthy and fit!), it will be my blessing and my joy!
HarleyGrandma

Magic Bullett

Post by HarleyGrandma »

I have been looking into buying one of those Magic Bullets for cooking and making smoothies.  I was wondering on the size of the container that you use to blend.. how many cups does it hold??  I see by the box it looks like there are several sizes of blender cups.  Thanks!
imkay

Post by imkay »

tom i have IM'ed you with no reply. could you be avoiding me?  or are you just too busy to be online?  either way hurry up and respond!!!!!!!!!  love to chat via IM!!
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
Rose Thompson

Post by Rose Thompson »

Hi everyone:

I haven't ordered the book yet, because I am skeptic.  You see, I have spent thousands of dollars trying to lose weight and I lose, but have gained it all back a hundred times over and then some. 

I am so depressed and have often thought about suicide.  Surgery is not an option because I can't get any insurance to pay for it or otherwise I would have been and gotten that done.

Anyway, I have high blood pressure (uncontrolled), I weigh over 300 lbs and I am in my 50's.    I'm not able to exercise, because of arthritis.  I am ashamed to go out in public, but I  have to work for a living.  I have tried every diet out there.  You name, I have tried it.  I have prayed to God for the strength and will power, but it just won't come.  I wish this book could help me, but I am really afraid to add another book to my library of failures. 

My husband us supportive and my family wants me happy no matter what.  I just can't seem to get it together.  Any words of encouragement and most definitely prayer would really help.

Thanks for listening.  I hope to hear from anyone soon.

Signed,

Lots to lose :'(
LTLrt
imkay

Post by imkay »

rose dear you have found the answer to your problems.  order the book asap and until then here are the basics in  a nutshell (from tom!)

Basically the big NO NO’s are: breads, grains, nuts, seeds, starches (this includes: breaded foods, dextrose, gluten, pasta, potatoes, rice, etc.), sugar

What you are permitted:

Beans: Great source of protein (especially eaten in conjunction with corn - makes a complete protein)

Fruit (either alone or as a smoothie)

Meats: meats, chicken (skin removed), fish – should be eaten only at lunch, however there are exceptions.

Vegetables

You need to eat as often as you can and as much as you want UNTIL YOU ARE FULL (not STUFFED).

Your meals should consist of the following:

Breakfast and Supper: should consist of only beans, fruits and vegetables (there are exceptions). .

Lunch: is where you eat your (lean) meat protein, along with your beans/fruits/vegetables (there are exceptions).

DO NOT SNACK IN BETWEEN MEALS. However, if you find yourself hungry (during the day or night time), then eat fresh fruit, allowed vegetables, popcorn. Remember, in the beginning it's important to eat as often as you can and as much as you want UNTIL YOU ARE FULL .

Remember, just because a food or drink is "fat-free & sugar-free" or "low-calorie" does not necessarily mean non-fattening. Lots of low-calorie foods have very fattening ingredients in them; likewise, lots of sugar-free foods have very fattening ingredients in them, and lots of fat-free foods have regular sugar in them (very fattening).  Always remember that it's not "calories in, calories out", but it's "ingredients in, ingredients out".

As Roger Troy has said many time: You need to eat as often as you can and as much as you want of all the non-fattening starchy carb recipes. Seems the body can't tell the difference between a non-fattening starchy carbs and a fattening starchy carbs . When you eat the non-fattening starchy carbs you eliminate your cravings for the fattening starchy carbs.

He also states: You also need to eat as often as you can and as much as you want of all the sweetest fresh fruits (or fruit smoothies) until your body just doesn't crave the sweets anymore. Once again the body can't tell the difference between fruit and/or regular sugar, so when you eat the fruit sugars it eliminates your cravings for the regular sugar foods.

You'll see - once you start eating as much as you want, when you want, you’ll soon find you’ll be too full for cravings. And after awhile, your body will start to crave the suitable (substitute) foodies.

this is a great place to get support and love
please, please, please give LDL a chance!!!!
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
linda7777

Post by linda7777 »

Rose welcome.   I started this program 6 weeks ago.  I'm down 19.5 lbs.
I'm also in my 50's and have over 100 lbs to lose----but there's no hunger on this plan.
I had my stomach stapled in 1980.  I lost 72 lbs---I cannot tell you how many times I gained and lost since then.  The surgery only works for 1 year.....it is your struggle and I mean struggle after that.
That surgery isn't a piece of cake either.....sorry.   I thought I was going to die, with all the pain and tubes I had in me----not to mention the oxygen.  What an awful thing to go through.  I wouldn't suggest that to anyone.
So get on this way of eating and watch the lbs start leaving you.....could be slow could be fast. everybody is different.
God bless you,
Linda