slow losers

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
HarleyGrandma

slow losers

Post by HarleyGrandma »

I have always been a slow loser..  and in reading the different posts today.. some people lose very little a month, and others lose a lot.  Ok, I know I am a slow loser.  So what can or should I avoid to help in more of a weight loss?
Last edited by Anonymous on October 12th, 2006, 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike

Re: slow losers

Post by Mike »

Harleygramma, I believe, (my opinion only) that if you follow the book and eat the right LDL foods, your system will guide you to the pace that you should lose. I happen to lose fast and I am now going through the third plateau. If I would have lost slower, chances are I would not be going through the plateau now.  When you lose fast, your body has to stop periodically to adjust itself. When that happens you don't lose during that "adjustment" period.  Roger said that the average and probably the ideal pace is about 5 to 7 lbs a month.  Don't feel bad if you don't lose fast, it may be your system saying it can't go any faster.... Good luck.. Mike
HarleyGrandma

Post by HarleyGrandma »

Thanks Mike.  just was wondering if there was something I should avoid or not do to help out us slow losers.. :0)
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

There are many factors involved, lifestyle can have a lot to do with it. Some burn more calories than others in a month. The one thing we all have in common is the need to get our food under control and this thing of ours is a great way to achieve that goal.

For the ladies, hormones come into play. Medications can slow things down.

You will lose the weight if you are following the program, all things in time.

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Harleygramma,
What helped me the most was someone who said it took about 3 months for your body to get used to eating like this and your metabolism which you have basically killed from the food you used to eat and the times and amounts you ate before to start burning the fat you stored up.  Its like all the times I dieted before and my body just held onto every pound no matter how good I was about sticking to the diet...it just waited for me to give up and go back to eating the way I did before.  I have put my trust in these people.  Everything they have told me up to this point has come true.  I just followed the plan till my cravings went away and my hunger normalized and I was in control of my portions.  Now I just have faith that as long as I keep to it.....my body will eventually surrender the pounds it has so struggled to hold onto.  I will lose it in Gods Time.  This is his plan and I dont question it.
GOD BLESS
DEBBIE
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Well said, Debbie!

I've gone from sitting on the couch every night to actually wanting to DO things. 

Last night I was out on the back deck (with the dog) and all of a sudden I got the urge to dance!  I did a little fast footwork before I realized what I would look like if the neighbors looked out - hahaha!  It was short-lived, but you get the point...

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
HarleyGrandma

Post by HarleyGrandma »

Just don't want to get discouraged.. 3 months is a long time to lose a lb or two..  HOPEFULLY,  I will feel so dang good I don't care if I lose anything??  But then again, this program was designed to be a weight loss tool.. sigh..

thank you for your posts!!
niki

Post by niki »

hi HG...i am the perfect example of someone who loses slowly.....when i started let's do lunch,i resolved to really follow the program as it's outlined in the book and was careful to keep it really basic because i knew i would not lose easily.......i didn't drink juice(except a small dose of therapeutic noni juice).....i was on the program 6 months before i added ANY dried fruit and now i eat a small amount of raisins with my soynuts or roasted chick pea....occasionally i chop a few prunes in with my bananas.....dried fruit,fruit juice and polaner type preserves....if you're not that happy with the way you're losing,you could try restricting these things.....i had a juicer years ago.....you would be so surprised to see how many apples it takes to make a glass of apple juice..and i used to use polaner all fruit in my health conscious days.....i used to use a half a jar to get my toast, or whatever i was putting it on,sweet.....
  i'm just saying that you would not be able to eat the equivalent amount of fruit,and the whole concept is that the fruit AND the beans fill you up and keep you that way....
  also,like joe said,there are a lot of factors involvied in  weight loss.....thyroid disease and diabetes(they often need metformin to lose) can be important factors.....
  if you would like to either post on the boards what you're eating or if you want you could personal message me,maybe that would help too....i personally like when people post what they eat on the boards....sometimes different people give you different input and so you get MORE input when you post......but whatever you do is fine....consider that............niki             
HarleyGrandma

Post by HarleyGrandma »

Well, I am sticking to the book on the diet..  I just started on Monday, so I am not expecting much this week.  Breakfast is a banana, strawberries, rasberrys and pineapple thrown in the blender with a little no sugar added orange juice.  One morning I had egg beaters with some onion and tomato thrown in.  I made some chili from the book using ground turkey for the meat.  Had that for lunch last 3 days. Dinner is another smoothie like I had for breakfast.  Maybe an apple with that.  One night I had the smart pop popcorn .. and last night I had some soynuts.. and I drink a lot of water.
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Queenie wrote: I've gone from sitting on the couch every night to actually wanting to DO things. 

Same here, I plan a major assult on the garage this weekend which is just loaded with everything imaginable (southern califorians don't have basements) and I DON'T DREAD IT!

Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Good for you, Joe...  I'm not sure I've reached that point yet!!  LOL!

Here in Virginia Beach we don't have basements either.. the water table is something ridiculous like 6 inches... but like you, I'm glad of that fact too.  We just moved and our garage looks like the junk fairy threw up in there.  Maybe, maybe, maybe I'll take my cue from you and at least open the door...

:-)

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Queenie wrote:Good for you, Joe...  I'm not sure I've reached that point yet!!  LOL!

Here in Virginia Beach we don't have basements either.. the water table is something ridiculous like 6 inches... but like you, I'm glad of that fact too.  We just moved and our garage looks like the junk fairy threw up in there.  Maybe, maybe, maybe I'll take my cue from you and at least open the door...

:-)

Carolyn

Well....................it ain't pretty in there, I can tell you that. I plan to go in with a box of heavy strength trash bags and just be "Joe the Merciless".

Joe
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Harley Gramma.. Maybe make a batch of veggie soup for dinner. I did the smoothie for the first week in the evening. Then week 2 I made veggie soup...Water, beef bullion, "Canadian Steak Seasoning" (From Sam's club), pinch California Chili powder, cans of beans, bag of frozen mixed veggies, bag of frozen corn, bag of frozen broccoli...you name it and if it was a good veggie, I'd throw it in (Even cut up a tomato and made with v-8 juice one time!). I didn't think I'd lose very quickly but managed to lose 6 the first week and another 2 in next 1 1/2 week. You'll lose according to what is Right for YOUR body..noone elses!!!