welcome kansas city & st. louis viewers

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
TNangela

welcome kansas city & st. louis viewers

Post by TNangela »

I have to say it is really awesome to look at the boards right now and see 110 guests viewing!!  I assume most of you are from the Kansas City & St. Louis areas following the airings there.  I am glad you found LDL, it is truly an amazing plan that isnt really a diet but lifestyle change!!  I am certain there are some friendly people from Kansas City and St. Louis as Roger Troy said!  Welcome aboard....register, read and Let's Do Lunch!
ANG
Last edited by Anonymous on October 24th, 2006, 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Julietress
New, but learning

Re: welcome kansas city & st. louis viewers

Post by Julietress »

Thank you Roger for the welcome. I did see you on the Fox 2 news morning show,  I was born in st. louis and raised on streets off of Grand ave. Wyoming, giles and montana.I was thrilled to see you, and knew it was God giving me the answer to my eating plan. I love carbs, never liked the atkins, I am not too fond of meat. I ordered your book and can't wait to get it. But what do I eat in the mean time. I have been searching the web site, but need a quicker way to find my plan.thanks I hope to meet you someday soon.
God's blessings to you . Julie Russell
I can do all things thorugh Christ , which strengtheneth me.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Julie, Welcome aboard.  You are at the right place now.  While waiting for your book, eat all of the sweetest fruits, and all of the veggies you can, any time you want until you are full. (not stuffed)  You can also eat the lean meat and poultry for your protein.  Try to eat the protein only at lunch. (There is a reason for this, and you will see it in the book. This is very important to the program). Also, try to refrain from eating between meals, but if you just have to snack, eat popcorn, fruits and veggies.  The fruits and veggies along with lots of beans and corn, will take away the cravings for the bad carbs. Do not eat potatos, flour based foods, pastas, nuts or grains because these are what gave us the problem in the first place.  Be sure to use the recipe boards and by all means read and ask questions on the message boards.  One of the greatest things about this program, and you will see this if short time, is that everyone you see on the boards are either in the same shoes you are in or have been there and are now much lighter.  We have all gone through it and are now blessed with LDL.  Good luck and don't hesitate to participate in the fun... Mike
myfavoritenurse

Post by myfavoritenurse »

Welcome.  We are always happy to have new folks join us on our journey. I know that you will find that LDL is what you have been looking for.
Matthew 28:20b  "lo, I am with you always even until the end of the age."
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Julie, Here is the basics of the plan as outlined by Roger in a response to "Lose Weight" topic here in the General Discussion board as well as a reference to several recipe's to try.
To begin with, remember to eat until you are totally full, whenever you are hungry. And, try to eat, as often as possible and as much as possible, recipes with all the different beans, corn and peas in them, corn-on-the-cob (sprayed with olive oil), popcorn (again sprayed with olive oil), as well as all the sweetest fresh fruits and fruits smoothies...until your bodies no longer crave the foods made from white flour, potatoes and regular sugar.

The body can't tell the difference between non-fattening starchy carbs and fattening starchy carbs, so when you eat the non-fattening ones it eliminates the cravings for the fattening ones. Therefore, when you eat recipes like Pizza Soup (it has pureed pinto beans in it...a non-fattening starchy carb), Potato Pancakes (it has blended butter beans in it...also a non-fattening starchy carb), etc....eating these recipes eliminates your cravings for foods like french fries and pizza, which are fattening starchy carbs. Get it?

Further, the body can't tell the difference between non-fattening fruit sugar and fattening regular sugar, so by eating the sweetest fresh fruits and fruit smoothies it eliminates the cravings for foods like chocolate, ice cream, candy bars, etc.

Please print out from the New Recipes Board, Pizza Soup, Potato Pancakes, Beef Potato Pie, Tamale Pie, all the different great bean soup recipes, etc., as well as print out all the new Let's Do Lunch foods, like Corn Thins, Veggie Cheese (I like the Pepper Jack & Jalapeno, melted on a corn thin), I.M. Healthy Unsweetened Soynut Butter, etc.
You can always do a search by typing in the key word to what you're looking for!
Veronica
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Welcome to LDL, Julie! 
I know that you will like this eating plan as soon as you become familiar with it.  It is really easy and the recipes are GREAT...and they even taste good too!  No one would believe this is supposed to be a...shhhh..."diet"....  It is great!
God bless!
Jeanne 
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Julietress
New, but learning

Post by Julietress »

Thank you all for all of your encouragement. I have had a great couple of days. I am drinking 100% grape juice and it seems to help me out wonderfully with detouring cravings for sweets. I replaced candy in the candy dish with small boxes of raisins., which is on the coffee table, so it is a constant reminder that I am on a program for life.

I look forward to the book, but feel confident I am on the road to the plan with all of your help.
I love to cook, so this is a challenge with the holidays coming up , and I am so happy that I found this before the holidays, so that when January comes , I will be ahead of all those others rushing to the fitness gyms . blessings to all ! Julie
I can do all things thorugh Christ , which strengtheneth me.
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Hey Julie I am glad to hear of your excitement about LDL!!
As far as the holidays coming up....there are so many allowable meats and vegetables to have a feast with...and think of all the time you will save NOT preparing sugar filled foods and breads!!!
There are endless combinations of fruits for salads....I can remember having the same fears last Thanksgiving but found it easy to stick to the plan with that weight loss goal in mind!!
Good luck and God bless!
ANG