About a month

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Shane
New, but learning

About a month

Post by Shane »

Hi All. It's been about a month since I started LDL, so I thought I would give an update to encourage people. I have lost 21lbs and gone down four belt holes. I could probably get down one more, but I need a new belt, I'm at the last hole.
I was cleaning out my wallet yesterday and came across my YMCA card. The picture on it shocked me. I was about 40lbs heavier then. I had got the first twenty off with exercise and dieting, but I needed a better food plan. LDL was it. Praise God for His goodness! I have about 80 lbs to go and have no doubt I will get there. If I can come this far, anyone can. God bless and happy eating! ;D
nyKath

Re: About a month

Post by nyKath »

Cowabunga, Shane! Great results! Wishing you continued smoking good results - and a new belt from Santa! :) (Hope I'm not offending there.) ....NYKath
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Shane,
You are doing awesome...thanks for sharing!!  Keep in touch and may God bless.
ANG
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

SHANE!!!! This is wonderful news!!!  You are doing amazing on LDL!!!!  Thanks so much for sharing your success with others on the message board.  It is so important to let people know how well this eating plan works!!!!
STAY STRONG and please post more info on what youre eating and how youre doing mentally etc.  
Isnt there just such a sense of calm that washes over you when you realize....OH MY GOD THIS IS GONNA WORK!!!!!!!!  PRAISE GOD!!!!!
Happy Eating!!!
GOD BLESS
DEBBIE
Shane
New, but learning

Post by Shane »

I have asked a lot of questions, but now I think I might be at a place to really help others and not lurk. And offense at all, Kath. I think I have to get that belt as an early Thanksgiving gift though. Otherwise I will be offending a lot of people.

That's just it too, Debbie. I haven't been non-fat in such a long time, it's hard to imagine anything else. Now it's in my grasp, with God's help.

And thanks for your encouragement, Ang.
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

Hi Shane-
What wonderful success you are having!!!  Congratulations.  And once again to the rest of us--remember, we ALL LOSE at a different rate.  I don't have as much to lose, so am losing very slowly.  But I am so encouraged by all here--and when I look at the big picture, I know that I am still lighter then I was when I started this.  And it could have been just the opposite if I hadn't found LDL--you know how before those pounds just somehow found there way to you!! Keep up the good work Shane and put out the word to others who may not know about LDL.  Suzie
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

HOLY GUACAMOLE, BATMAN!!  (errrr, Shane)

That is so awesome!!  I am so proud of you!  I hope you will continue to post with us - I just wish you had been doing so for the last month.  There are many, many of us that have a long way to go, and will so enjoy your company.

I think it is so awesome that you don't look like your old YMCA photo anymore.  One of our regulars, Tom had the same thing happen to him... uh oh - maybe it was Joe...  I suffer from that "sometimers" disease... I sometimes can't remember!!  LOL!

Again, Shane, welcome!  Glad to have you on board.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Shane,

That's great news !! You're an inspiration !! Keep it up !! I mean the losing  ;D ..... and your pants  :o !!

Make sure you post more often. Your insight will definitely help others !!

Praise God !! 
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
myfavoritenurse

Post by myfavoritenurse »

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW !!!!!!!!!!  I am speechless.  I can only say,  God is good all the time and all the time God is good.  I have such a renewed sense of "I am really gonna do this"  Thank you sooo much for sharing.
Matthew 28:20b  "lo, I am with you always even until the end of the age."
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Boy you are dropping fast! I hope you're wearing a parachute!

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

This is wonderful encouragement for all of us Shane!! Congrats to you!!!
Shane
New, but learning

Post by Shane »

When I lose weight, I tend to lose it fast, but I also have a lot to lose. We all lose weight at differnet rates, so please don't be discouraged if you lose weight slower than me or someone else. Slow and steady is the key. I'll have to remind myself of this when I start to slow down.  :)
Tori

Post by Tori »

Excellent job sticking with the plan, Shane, and congrats on your weight loss! I hope you continue to have great success with Let's Do Lunch!

LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

I am totally amazed!  Congratulations!  21 pounds in one month!  Good Gracious that's fabulous!!  Thank you for sharing your story.  I'm one of those who has a long way to go so it's such an inspiration to hear when anyone loses anything.  I hope to see you back posting regularly too.  We can always use more ranch hands.  :D

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by Tori »

There are many of us who have a long way to go, so keep your chin up LittlePrincess! (:
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

I was just sitting here wondering if...we need a garbage heap upon which to TOSS our lost, unwanted, unneeded, unwelcomed pounds.  Can you imagine how big a HEAP it would be already?  Wow!!!  What an eye-sore that would be...huh!!!  I know if you piled up 20 pounds of anything it would be a bunch.  But, Roger lost 230 pounds, and many others have lost bunches, and bunches...and the pile HEAP is......................... G R O W I N G ...and..........................................  G R O W I N G...and..............
G  R  O  W  I  N  G!  What a garbage DUMP!!!  And we owe it all to ALL the POUNDS we have ALL LOST...and are losing...and are going to LOSE as more and more people learn about LDL!

Praise God for His goodness & mercy to us!!!

Sure is a great eating plan...and a great life style change.  Especially to be craving FREE!  One of my weaknesses  WAS  DOUGHNUTS.  My office provides them each week.  For the last three weeks (one week I was gone) I have not even been tempted by them.  What a change!!!

Thank-you Lord for giving Roger this plan, and for his willingness to share it with us.  Lord, I ask that you  continue to bless Roger & his family, as well as strength to each one of us who use this plan as we endeavor to change  our eating habits to one that is healthier and better for our temples in which You reside.  We know that all good gifts come from the Father above and that this is truly a gift from You. Help us to utilize it to the fullest and to ever be thankful to you for it.  Thankful for a plan that removes cravings and allows you to eat enough to not feel deprived.  In Jesus Name, Amen.

God bless!
Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
niki

Post by niki »

THIS is the idea that debbie had and i misunderstood her.....a garbage dump to get rid of our GARBAGE....imagine that with all of us combined AND people that don't frequent the boards that much,it would be in the thousands...........niki
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

YES EXACTLY!!!! This is exactly what I was talking about and thats why I used the Flylady garbage toss as my analogy.  People posted how many tons of junk they didnt use that they threw out of their houses and they kept a running total.....and why we couldnt have a place to add how many pounds we lost to create a total of how many pounds have successfully been lost with Gods help and Lets Do Lunch!!!!!  I'm sure there would be tons accounted for on this site too!!!!
God Bless
Love
Debbie