Any Football Fans?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Gregg

Any Football Fans?

Post by Gregg »

I am a die hard Bears fan. I am thrilled that they are doing so well (so far). I will be watching them today at noon central time.  So what should my game time snack be? I am guessing two bowls of black bean soup for the first half, popcorn for the start of the second half, and frozen grapes to finish the game. The amazing thing to me is that I am looking forward to these healthy foods as much as I would have looked forward to the old stuff in the old days. I don't crave the old stuff. Thank you Jesus (and Roger).

Go Bears!

Gregg
HarleyGrandma

Re: Any Football Fans?

Post by HarleyGrandma »

I live about an hour west of Chicago, and we love da Bears.. I was thinking popcorn for the game!!  I am torn between riding my Harley and watching the Bears.  Supposed to be 60 degrees and might have to get a last ride in before the snow hits.. only 44 right now and its 10:30!!
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

No Football fans here, but now ask about Angel's Baseball and you'd hear  my hubby and kids shouting!!

Now for the snacks...how bout : fresh fruit platter or veggie platter with low cal dressing or salsa, popcorn or if wouldn't start cravings: Baked tostitos corn "scoops" with a little salsa!
But then again sounds like you already have it covered!
Veronica
HarleyGrandma

Post by HarleyGrandma »

Bears won!!  I ended up not riding.  Had to watch the game!
imkay

Post by imkay »

GO PANTHERS!!!!!!

we are having mary's spinach and artichoke dip to watch the game tonight!!!

and some smoothies and popcorn
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

We love football here....kinda different opinions in the same house though...Titans and Cowboys and Steelers fans  but our real love is college football...Vanderbilt and Tennessee Vols!!!
AS far as good football foods Gregg, we love chili, popcorn, and smoothies!!
ANG
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Gregg,
That was quite a game today.  We didnt stay home for most of it but we listened to it on the car radio and it was playing in all the stores we visited while running our errands today.  We ate BBQ brisket, Mary's Baked Beans, Corn, and I made some coleslaw...YUMMMMMMM. 
God Bless
Debbie
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

The Bears............................obviously!

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:Hey, Gregg. Da Bears are my 3rd favorite team. We're Vikings fans, and then Tampa Bay fans, with Da Bears coming in 3rd. Our Purple People Eaters have to play New England on Monday night, so we'll see just how good our guys are, after the great game they played against the Seahawks last week, in Seattle.

We've met Mike Ditka...in fact, we had drinks with him on Rush Street at the famous restaurant there...I just can't this minute think of the name of the restaurant. He was a great guy...no different than he is on TV.

God bless,

Roger Troy

He used to own a bar called Ditkas back when he coached the Bears. They were known for their porkchops. Unfortunately he had a bad business partner and it closed down.  Any chance the place you met him on Rush was Gibsons? Old popular place, cigar friendly (in the bar). Sinatra used to hang out there when he was in town.

God bless you and yours,

Gregg
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

HarleyGrandma wrote:Bears won!!  I ended up not riding.  Had to watch the game!

Tough choice, but you made a good one! Any chance you get to ride today? Supposed to be 68, but only high 40's tomorrow.

God bless you and yours,

Gregg
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

DEBBIEWEBE wrote:Gregg,
That was quite a game today.  We didnt stay home for most of it but we listened to it on the car radio and it was playing in all the stores we visited while running our errands today.  We ate BBQ brisket, Mary's Baked Beans, Corn, and I made some coleslaw...YUMMMMMMM. 
God Bless
Debbie

Oh wow! Now I am not complaining about what I got to eat today, but I think my Honey and I should have taken a drive to your house!

God bless you and yours,

Gregg
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Gregg,
It musta been good cause Mike took the rest of it for lunch today!!!!!  Im forced to find something else cause there wasnt even any left over for me!!!!  Tell Mrs Gregg the brisket was really easy.  Just call me any Saturday so I can have it ready and by all means drive down. Mr Debbie would eat Brisket 7 days a week, its his favorite!!!  I found a really nice 4 lb one at Sams Club.  I layed out two sheets of aluminum foil and folded two ends over to make one big sheet.  I seasoned it with about 1/4 cup liquid smoke, celery salt, garlic powder, onion powder.  I wrapped her up tight and put it in the crockpot before I went to bed Saturdaynite on low/slow heat and cooked it till morning or about nine hours in my crockpot but Id check the time since they vary so much on how they cook and too much it will fall apart.  Anyway I took it out and let it cool before I sliced it in about 1/2 inch slices across grain.  I put the slices into the juice leftover in the bottom of the crockpot to keep the meat moist.  I found some low calorie KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce at the Jewel that went nicely on it at serving time. Marys bean recipe took only a few minutes to assemble and I cooked it on the stove for an hour Saturday nite and just put it in a microwaveable casserole for the next day.  A bag of frozen corn...it doesnt get any simpler than that.  And I bought the pregrated coleslaw and chopped cucumbers,  red peppers, a little onion and just used lowfat mayo, splenda, redwine vinegar, and seasonings I grabbed randomly from the cabinet, garlic salt, onion powder, pepper, and some Cavenders All Purpose Greek Seasoning that I use in almost everything.  I refridgerated that overnite too.  It was nice to have everything made in advance so it just had to be reheated 10 minutes before we wanted to eat.  I'm sure Mrs Gregg would appreciate not having to miss any of the game to make lunch.  Especially if you helped by making the beans and coleslaw for her!!!!!  I think you'll have a few more chances to make this....The Bears seem to be doing quite well this season!!!!
God Bless
Debbie
BigBen

Post by BigBen »

I wish I woulda been at Ang or Debbies house for the food and ballgames!  I love sports.  this week I was not so ambitious to make the mushroom pizzas so i just ate a burger (without the bun) and loads of popcorn.  I probably ate 3 big bowls of popcorn.  Probably more popcorn tonight with the game.  It should be a good one.  Ben
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Hey Ben...Hope you're eating some beans along the way, tossing them in a salad or having them rinsed right out of the can on top of or alongside that burger! Aside from the good nutrition they provide, they're necessary for good fiber and for keeping that blood sugar under control, which controls hunger and cravings. We gotta have some every day for better health and good weight loss!...:) ...NYKath
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Geez, Debbie - I'm not even hungry & my mouth is watering!!

I think you and Mr. Debbie should move closer to ME!!  (Better weather, in any case!)  In the 70's here right now...  no kids in fur costumes for Halloween in this area!!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Tori

Post by Tori »

They will be here! LOL!
It's only 25 degrees outside right now. Brrrrrrrr!
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

I was born in Brooklyn NY -- My favorite baseball team is the New York Yankees. My favorite basketball team in the New York Knicks. My favorite hockey team in the New York Rangers. ... So it would only be natural that my favorite football team would be the Minnesota Vikings ... how can that be you may ask .. blame Fran Tarkenton .. I was originally a Giant's fan. In 1967 Fran the Man came to NY (from Minnesota). In 1972 he went back to Minnesota, and being the 9 year old that I was, I followed him. I have been a Viking fan since. In fact, the first football game I ever attened was in 1998  when the Vikings played the New Orleans Saints in the Metrodome.

So Roger Troy, like you, I too know the heartache of being a Viking fan.
Last edited by tcasola on October 30th, 2006, 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”