Debbie's 8 Week Progress

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
DEBBIEWEBE

Debbie's 8 Week Progress

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Hello and Goodmorning LDLers,
Well I was dragging my feet about getting on the scale this morning but much to my surprise I have had a significant loss for me.  As does Niki, I have the underactive thyroid issue and since being diagnosed I have had absolutely zero success in losing any weight until NOW.  I have gone from 196 to 179 in only 8 weeks, a total loss of 17 POUNDS.  To say Im THRILLED would be an understatement.  This eating plan has been the answer to my prayers.  God put me in front of the TV that morning at 6AM to see Roger, but it was my FAITH in God, Rogers sincerity, and the enormous amount of help, love, compassion, and understanding that I got from the members on this message board  that gave me the courage to stick with it till what I learned has now just become habit.  I am so comforted to know that even when I am not as obedient as I could be that my mistakes do not define me or my success on LDL.  I know the only thing standing between me and my goal is TIME.  I am no longer an obstical to myself.  Any mishaps are easily corrected with a little soup and fruit flush and I can resume as usual with the plan that makes me feel healthy and wonderful and LOVED BY GOD. I am also so blessed that my family...especially my husband Mike has so willingly accepted this plan into his life and is also becomming healthier each day.  I just like Neets worried that my husband would die early and leave me widowed and alone from having a heart attack or stroke because of poor eating habits. I worried that our obesity embarrassed our children and although they never said anything I felt ashamed that I didnt look as fit and healthy as their friends parents.   Thank you God and everyone on the boards for being an inspiration to us.  I enjoy your successes on here every bit as much as my own.  We have been joined as a Family in Christ and that is a bond that cannot be broken.  I look forward to the Holidays this year knowing that I am in control of my food and portions and I can eat sensibly without feeling deprived in the least!!!!  How wonderful is that??????  I just love sharing this plan with everyone whose path I cross.  Especially those who I know struggle with food as I once did.  What a WONDROUS GIFT God has given us through Roger, being able to spead this knowledge and this gift of GOOD HEALTH around to EVERYONE.  This is something SOOOOOOO much bigger than all of us put together and only with GOD could something this miraculous transpire!!!
GOD BLESS YOU ALL
LOVE
DEBBIE
(Soon to be Little Debbie and I dont mean the snack cake!!!)
Last edited by DEBBIEWEBE on October 31st, 2006, 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gene

Re: Debbie's 8 Week Progress

Post by Gene »

Dear Debbie,

I am really proud for you, keep up the good work.

The Lord moves in many ways.

ICL

Gene
Tori

Post by Tori »

Debbie;

A *HUGE* congrats to you! 17 lbs. in 8 weeks is fabulous!
Way to go, girl!  ;D
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Thanks Tori, Roger and Gene, I will be getting Mike on the scale later today when he gets home from work.  I am very curious to see how well he has done.  He is also a very slow loser.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is working for him as well.  You guys keep me focused enough to keep the both of us on track!!!!
God Bless
Debbie
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

My dear friend Debbie -

I am so proud of you!!!  You've dropped more in 2 months than I did in 3 - and (supposedly) I don't have a thyroid problem!!

If you were here right now, I would grab both your hands and dance in a circle with you!!!  Big hugs to you, sweetie!!!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Congrats to you and  Mr. Debbie! That is fantastic! I would also like to thank you for all the encouragement and fun you bring to the site!

God bless you and yours,

Gregg
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

DEBBIEWEBE wrote:(Soon to be Little Debbie and I dont mean the snack cake!!!)

*Falls in the floor laughing*  Girl you are TOOOOO funny!  Congratulations!  You and niki are both SUCH an inspiration to me!  I'm so very happy for you!  ;D  LDL is definately the answer.  I LOVED what you said about a food plan that lets you know God loves you.  All I can say to that is PREACH IT!  ((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))  You are a beautiful woman inside and out! 

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by HarleyGrandma »

Debbie that is wonderful!!!!  You go girl!!
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Whoo-hoo, Snack Cake! A post like yours is more inspirational than you'll ever know! Wishing you continued great results as you continue on your journey! ...:)    NYKath
BettyBoop

Post by BettyBoop »

Debbie, 17 pounds is a great weight loss for 8 weeks.  Congratulations.  That is really a big weight loss for someone who has underactive thyroid, as do I, and I'm afraid my weight is coming off at a very slow rate.  So, again, congratulations.

Betty
Rejection means direction!!

All things work together for good to those who love the Lord.  Romans 8:28
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Thanks EVERYONE, Roger,Carolyn,Kath,Mary, Tress,Betty, Harley Grandma,Tori, Princess, Gregg,Gene,You are all so sweet and Im feeling all tearyeyed from all the love and encouragement being sent my way.  Its so awesome to hear someone say they are Proud of you.  Youre right Mary unlike some who read the book and started immediately I signed onto the message boards the day I saw Roger on tv and then took my time reading the book and diddled around with it by just drinking smoothies for breakfast and doing nothing else on the diet for about 4 weeks.  I lost 2 lbs just drinking smoothies for breakast but I didnt start to fully incorporate the plan into my life until the day after Labor Day.  Mike and I sort of set this plan of starting the day after Labor Day and we then proceeded to eat everything we thought we might miss the whole week before we started....Pizza, Gyros, Beef Sandwiches, French Fries, Lots of Desserts ( There went my 2 lbs loss lol)  I think I had to go through a grieving process before I felt we were ready to start because I had no idea that this plan wasnt going to be hard.  I was expecting to be miserable AGAIN for as long as I could stand to stay on this DIET. NO MORE DESSERTS just wouldnt stop echoing in my head!!!!!  BOY OH BOY WAS I WRONG.  This 17 lbs seems like such an accomplishment yet it was so easy.  In the beginning I had so many questions.  I remember Joe saying he was gonna call me Niki Jr cause my name was popping up all over the boards!!!!  I love this plan and this message board.  I emailed Roger today thanking him for bringing God to the forefront of my daily life.  That I was in a bad habit of only spending time with God at Sunday worship, church meetings and bible study but now that I found LDL I feel his presence and talk to God all day long not to mention I have the perfect conversation lined up to bring God to lots of people who have fallen away from him.  What a blessing and the fact that Im losing all the unwanted pounds is just icing on the cake.  (that I dont eat anymore) You are the most wonderful group of people and I feel incredibly blessed to have had God bringing us all together here on these boards and again some day on our ranch in heaven!!!!!((((((((((((((((((My Forever LDL Friends))))))))))))))))))))))))
God Bless
Debbie
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

DEBBIEWEBE wrote:...I emailed Roger today thanking him for bringing God to the forefront of my daily life.  That I was in a bad habit of only spending time with God at Sunday worship, church meetings and bible study but now that I found LDL I feel his presence and talk to God all day long not to mention I have the perfect conversation lined up to bring God to lots of people who have fallen away from him.

Debbie -  This is something that I never thought about - but how true!!  I've prayed my whole life, but until I started LDL, I didn't realize that I was now talking to God most of the day... How wonderful of you to point this out!  Thank you so much, my friend!!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Debbie

Congrats on your lost, and thanks for sharing. Your posting is a wonderful one. Not only for the newbies who wonder if this plan actually work, but also for those who have been on this for a while. Your post has echoed how many feel, and you hit the nail on the head when you said
I know the only thing standing between me and my goal is TIME.
- you are so right !!

Keep up the great work. And thanks for allowing us to get to know the wonderful person you are.
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
Julietress
New, but learning

Post by Julietress »

HI Debbie, I have been out of town,in 5 states in 24 hours, and I return home to my computer to find this wonderful news. I consider our situation close to the same in many ways, so I was sooooo encouraged to read your news. I go to the Dr today to find out if my thyroid is underactive or not.
So Pray for healing news.
I have been doing the plan for a week now and I lost 3.5 lbs. Weigh in was this morning. I have been keeping track of the foods I am eating as well.
I hope I will have and be as encouraging as you in the weeks to come.
Love , Julie
I can do all things thorugh Christ , which strengtheneth me.
Gene

Post by Gene »

Dear Debbie,

All I can say is AMEN.

ICL,

Gene
niki

Post by niki »

hi little debbie(and NOT the snack cake)....i'm VERY proud of you....you're doing GREAT....honestly,by your picture,i thought you had 10 or 20 pounds to lose...boy,can i relate to what you said about your weight and your kids....
  and because of your thyroid,it's just THAT much harder for you(as i well know)..a lot of people don't understand that EVEN though you're on medication,it's STILL harder to lose weight...and THAT'S the reason i always say that if you ARE losing weight with an underactive thyroid,you ARE a medical sucess story........and so YOU are.....
  keep up the good work,kiddo.....you're doing great......love,niki 
Corky
New, but learning

Post by Corky »

Debbie, how awesome, 17 lbs in 8 weeks. You too are an inspiration to all of us. I have a slow or low thyroid but not enough so for medication, so am hoping for a weight loss the next time I am at the Dr's. I feel so much better, more energy and Thank God for giving Roger the ability to share with everyone LDL. Praising the Lord, ICL Corky
Corky