protein

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
jbw

protein

Post by jbw »

I am on my second week of LDL.  I am re reading parts of the book.  I understand that one needs to try to only eat protein at lunch.    I see in the sample menu ideas, that smoothies are the main thing to eat at night, and then if one is still unsatisfied, they can have one of the soups.  These soups have beans in them and they are protein.  Is it ok to have beans at night?

I am also wondering if it is ok to have fruit in the morning along with egg beaters.  Would this be considered the one protein meal?

Thanks for your time.
Last edited by jbw on November 8th, 2006, 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gregg

Re: protein

Post by Gregg »

JBW eat whatever you want anytime you want as long as it is off of the LDL list. Beans are fine anytime. I didn't have much of a sweet tooth, but I loved to eat disquised fat as food as well as bread and potatoes. So in the begining I ate a lot of lean protein and a lot of popcorn. Guess what? No cravings. I haven't had any potatoes in 7 1/2 weeks and don't miss them. I have had one piece of rye bread (with steak tar tar when on a business dinner) in 7 1/2 weeks and I don't miss it. This is unbelievable to me. Your first weeks on LDL are to get rid of cravings, not lose weight. If you lose a few pounds that is a bonus.

God Bless you and yours,

Gregg
jbw

Post by jbw »

Thanks Greg for the reply:

I think I understand that you are saying, if I need to eat chicken and beans all day long for the first two weeks, that is ok.  It is more important to give up the breads, pasta, rice and potatos, as well as the sweets.  Then in two weeks, my cravings for these things should subside as long as I eat the things on the LDL lists---when I want and as much as I want?  Beginning the 3rd week, I should try just eating protein at lunch?

Thanks for your time,

Julie (jbw)
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Hey again, Julie! You're making this way too hard on yourself, girl! And trying to narrow down things to a time frame - well, it just ain't gonna happen like that! Just eat what's allowable ANY time of day, in any order you feel hungry for, until you're satisfied. All day, any time of the day. You can eat your fruit and chick peas and soy nuts and popcorn and canned beans and soup and chicken and meatballs and salads and greens all day long if you feel you need them. Really! When your cravings are finally gone and your hunger levels are more manageable, then you can make more of a plan for yourself - having smoothies or eggs for breakfast, having your big protein at lunch, not eating so much for dinner, etc. Your cravings might be gone in 2 weeks, or they might not. Some of us take considerably longer to be free of the demon urges that have gotten us to where we are. Don't put limits and time tables on yourself and your progress or you're sure to be disappointed. Just do what feels right while following the suggestions of the book. You might even want to just follow the 14-day plan that's there to help you get a good feel of what a typical day (Roger style) is like on LDL. Use them as your own personal instructions! Wishing you success! :) ....NYKath
niki

Post by niki »

hi julie....eat all the allowable foods until the cravings are gone...then,fine tune yourself to the program the way it's outlined in the book.....
 BEANS???in the morning,in the evening....ANYTIME....you can't eat too many beans....make some homemade soups sauteeing your vegetables in extra virgin olive oil.........food was meant to be enjoyed.......when i lost the weight i wanted to lose,i assumed that if i ate eggs,it would be at my protein meal...so occasionally,i would have bean soup and then an omelet...or eggs with refried beans.....and that would be my protein for the day...but since that time,i saw that roger had written that you could eat eggs and it didn't have to be at that protein meal..........so that's your call...  
  once i was on it for a while,i mostly only ate a fruit meal in the morning...i had been used to eating a bowl of popcorn not long after i ate my fruit...but i got out of that habit because i wanted to eat just the fruit so that i could stimulate my metabolism as much as possible....more often than not,if i ate lunch at 2,i wasn't hungry at dinnertime and would eat another bowl of popcorn.....or a bowl of bean soup or a salad....the main thing is that you eat only the allowable foods and protein(not counting beans)once a day...
 you have to make this fit your lifestyle because it's meant FOR A LIFETIME........
 make sure you eat until full..it says to avoid snacking because you don't want to substitute snacking for meals....if you just snack all day(even all the allowable foods)you'll never give your blood sugars a chance to stabilize and you WON'T get rid of the cravings...BUT,if you are hungry,by all means EAT...never let yourself be hungry....................
 i used to have a MAJOR sweet tooth....but the truth is that any of the muffin recipes or ANYTHING sweet is of no interest to me....and as roger always says "why eat it if you don't really want it?"i have NO desire to eat anything sweet...i even stopped drinking crystal light a number of months ago and substituted filtered water with fresh limes squeezed in and don't miss any of that stuff...
 so fit this program to your life...it's what i've done...and it's GREAT.................AND welcome to our boards.....sincerely,niki
jbw

Post by jbw »

Thanks everyone for all the good advice.  Have a great weekend.

Julie