Sweet and crunchy crappies

Great filling main dish recipes!
Michael Thompson
New, but learning

Sweet and crunchy crappies

Post by Michael Thompson »

Take crappie fillets and dip them with your favorite BBQ sauce, then roll them in your favorite Let's Do Lunch coating, heat up a little olive oil and  in the pan, then pan fry til crispy....yummmmm! 

Last edited by Anonymous on November 17th, 2006, 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Are you good enough to go to heaven? take the test
http://www.livingwaters.com/good/
TNangela

Re: Sweet and crunchy crappies

Post by TNangela »

The first thing I noticed was the food this time!!  It looks good...I may not wait until the next camping/fishing trip...I am hungry now! Thanks Michael!
ANG
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Michael,

Boy do those look good...but, what are crappies?  Can you buy them at the store?

I was thinking that you could do the same thing with some other kinds of fillets...like whiting, or tilapia.

Thanks for the idea!

God bless!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
niki

Post by niki »

hi jeanne...i asked michael the same question....he told me i have to go catch them...but he told me crappie is a lot like tilapia..that's the main fish i use........niki
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Maybe at the ranch we can have a fishing area.....if Michael so graciously agrees he can help with the crappie lessons and me and my kids love to bass fish and catfish so we can teach niki and Debbie how to use spinner baits and bait worms!
ANG
niki

Post by niki »

ANG,you can all fish in the lake on the ranch.....EVERY ranch has a lake..and michael can be in charge of caring for it...the only thing is you have to not catch and eat my friend charlie the crappie....in the late afternoon,bessie the cow and henrietta the chicken(she gets a free ride on bessie's back)plan on visiting charlie down at the lake to get a little shade and rest......i just don't know how you're going to be able to tell the difference between charlie and the other fish....oh,i know,i'll tell charlie not to try to eat any shiny things floating in the water or any suspended worms...that'll work......niki 
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Niki I think you'd better just mark Charlie the crappie in someway to tell him apart from all the other fish! 'cuz it's hard for those fish to go against nature and not eat the bait put out by the fishermen!
Veronica
Michael Thompson
New, but learning

Yummmmm heeere charlie charlie! got a nice warm pan for you!! ;D ;D
niki

Post by niki »

hey michael....i just want to call your attention to the fact that THIS is how joe was banned from certain areas at the ranch...keep it up and it'll be you AND joe hangin out at the bowling alley with gregg....the reason i give you this warning first is because bessie and henrietta can't hide from joe in the barn....but CHARLIE can get all his fish friends to stick together and protect themselves..they can all swim to areas in the lake that you can't reach....he's TOO SMART to be afraid of YOU.....AFTER ALL,he's smarter than the average fish...niki
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Sounds like you watched  too  much TV Niki: "yogi  bear is smarter than the average bear" and  "charlie tuna" was the one who never got caught!
And I think you may just need to ban Michael..men don't get 2nd chances usually!
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

YOU GUYS R 2 FUNNY!!!! If laughter is good for the soul my soul must be doing really good today!!!  Michael, when I get back to visit my grandkids in Albert Lea I'm gonna have to look you up, you can cook for me anytime!! YUM!!!  You have at least a year to plan this, as 2007 finds me taking my vacation time to go on a Southern Gospel Singing Cruise in Feb and then 3 days to Gospel Fan Fest!!  Doesn't leave me enough time (or $$$) to make it back to MN. 
niki

Post by niki »

BUT princess veronica,the fact that charlie doesn't get caught means he IS smart...it's IMPLIED that he is smarter than the average bear(opps...i meant fish..and i do admit to being amused by the antics of yogi,booboo and the ranger when i was a kid)...and michael DOES get a 2nd chance BECAUSE charlie the crappie IS smart....
  ''SORRY NIKI,IT'S MY JOB"???.....well miss mary,i'll tell you exactly what i told joe when he had his eye on my dancing fruit.......YOU'LL HAVE TO CATCH HIM FIRST ::)....
                                  signed,
                          the bean queen 

niki

Post by niki »

niki wrote:....YOU'LL HAVE TO CATCH HIM FIRST ::)....
                                   signed,
                           the bean queen 

....that "YOU" refered to BOTH you guys......
Michael Thompson
New, but learning

Mabye ol Charlie is the smartest crappie in da lake, but since crappies have a brain the size of a pencil eraser, that isn't sayin' much haha ;D
Michael Thompson
New, but learning

Grammasuz, cool! I sing some too, and play guitar. Mabye you could sing at our church.  :D Then have some charlie the crappie sandwiches ;D ;D
niki

Post by niki »

marysimmons wrote: he is actually a professional fisherman for a living.  Go to www.keywestflyfishing.com for living proof!  Alas, Charlie is history already.  Never mind.  He'll taste great!

poor charlie..he had so much to live for and he died so young.....
  i would just like to remind you AT THIS TIME that YOU'RE the one that gave him the name "charlie".......niki

ps...blue fish is one of the most common fish around here...it's a very oily fish so it's not considered a treat...it's what fisherman catch because it's the most plentiful... 
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Don't forget Grammasuz about our other vacation to Willits in Aug of next year! I can't wait to get the info and make our reservations!!!! I want to ride that SKUNK train!
And see the redwoods!