eating between meals?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Adrian Grzybianek

eating between meals?

Post by Adrian Grzybianek »

I just wanted to ask something Im not sure about. Whenever I am hungry between meals I can eat as much fruit as I want? because today I ate almost 3 pounds of frozen grapes between meals! and I just wanted to know if there is a limit of eating fruit and vegetables between meals.
Last edited by Adrian Grzybianek on November 19th, 2006, 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adrian
mrsj
Master Member

Re: eating between meals?

Post by mrsj »

The good news Adrian is that YES you can eat all the freshest, sweetest fruits that you want when you're hungry.  In the book Let's Do Lunch, Roger said he ate frozen grapes until his mouth was numb.  He figured out that he could eat pounds of frozen grapes every evening and lose weight.

In the beginning it's important to never be hungry.  Eat all the LDL approved foods you want even, as I understand it, between meals because this will begin to eliminate any cravings.  You will find that eventually the cravings will subside, and then you will be eating less between meals.

It helps to read through the book several times and you did good asking the question here 'cuz this is a helpful group.  You're never alone with LDL.
God Bless,
mrsj
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Mrs J you are correct. As long as it is LDL appropriate, you can eat as often as you can and as much as you want of all the non-fattening starchy carb and/or sweetest fresh fruits (or fruit smoothies) until your body does not crave anymore. 

You'll see - once you start eating as much as you want, when you want, you’ll soon find you’ll be too full for cravings.

Just remember because a food or drink is "fat-free & sugar-free" or "low-calorie" does not necessarily mean non-fattening. Lots of low-calorie foods have very fattening ingredients in them; likewise, lots of sugar-free foods have very fattening ingredients in them, and lots of fat-free foods have regular sugar in them (very fattening).  Always remember that it's not "calories in, calories out", but it's "ingredients in, ingredients out".
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
Adrian Grzybianek

ok great thanks for the answers :)
one more thing, In the mornings I usually get cravings for chips so I make the no fat popcorn and spray a little bit of the "I can't believe it's not butter" spray. Is there a limit on how much popcorn I should eat? because I couldn't find that in the book. thanks
Adrian
rhernan216

Post by rhernan216 »

Roger when you make reference to:

"Just remember because a food or drink is "fat-free & sugar-free" or "low-calorie" does not necessarily mean non-fattening. Lots of low-calorie foods have very fattening ingredients in them; likewise, lots of sugar-free foods have very fattening ingredients in them, and lots of fat-free foods have regular sugar in them (very fattening).  Always remember that it's not "calories in, calories out", but it's "ingredients in, ingredients out".

are you talking about sweeteners that might be used in those so called non calorie or sugar free foods? The Aspartame, Nutra Sweet, Splenda etc etc.

I know many Fat Free foods contain "corn starch" of all things to give them some substance & body once all of the fat has been removed. This is not good to eat.
Richard Hernandez
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Adrian: In part what he is referring to is hidden sugars: Cane juice (hello, but sugar is from the sugar CANE), corn syrup, maltodextrin, sucrose, glucose, fructose dextrose. See when a food has the fat taken out, they usually add some kind of "Sugar" to make it taste better! You'd be surprised what they add sugar to!
Adrian Grzybianek

ok great thanks everyone.I recently discovered this great seasoning for fruit!
http://www.mexgrocer.com/15002.html
Its really tasty and I was wondering if it's ok for me to eat it?
I also started drinking this http://www.kraftfoods.com/CRYSTALLIGHT/ ... 8&PageNo=1
I also dont know if it's ok for me to drink this.
thanks for the advice
Adrian
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Adrian, we are better at answering this type of question when you list the ingredients. Can you help us out?

Ok, on the spice I found this info:
"ground chile peppers, salt and dehydrated lime juice"
Are there any other ingredients listed on the bottle you have?

And you didn't specify a flavor so I just picked the first one:
"Ingredients: CITRIC ACID (PROVIDES TARTNESS), INSTANT TEA, CORN SYRUP SOLIDS, ASPARTAME (SWEETENER), MALTODEXTRIN (FROM CORN), CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, ACESULFAME (POTASSIUM (SWEETENER), MAGNESIUM OXIDE (PREVENTS CAKING), RED 40 LAKE, YELLOW 6 LAKE, YELLOW 5, BLUE 1 LAKE, RED 40, BLUE 1, SODIUM BENZOATE (PRESERVES FRESHNESS)."

The corn syrup is NOT ok with LDL; it will slow or reverse your weight loss. And I don't remember, can anyone help me? Wasn't Maltodextrin one of the types of sugars we avoid?
Last edited by EnJae on November 24th, 2006, 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

NJ is compeltely right on this one! The corn syrup is definately a no no and so is the maltodextrin!
niki

Post by niki »

hi adrian.....crystal light is acceptable from a weight loss standpoint...i would just be careful not to drink too much of it from a health standpoint....the first few months i was on let's do lunch,i drank it ALL the time...then i found info online about all the artificial sweeteners and started squeezing a lime into a pitcher of filtered water which i have come to really like....
  i know it can get a little crazy having to read the labels on EVERYTHING....but it's not craziness started by us....it's craziness we're trying to protect ourselves from....i think veronica and nj gave you a good idea of the ingredients to avoid....but when in doubt,leave it out(as mary says)and post the ingredients here for input.....you actually don't have to post all the ingredients...just the ones you're unsure about.....i wish you success.................niki
ADD:i just read back and saw your original post about eating 3 pounds of grapes between meals....i would like to caution you about something.....if you're hungry between meals,eat a snack until you feel full again...don't just pick all day between meals because you won't give your blood sugars a chance to stabilize....i'm not saying that you're doing that...i just want you to be aware of this........
Last edited by niki on November 26th, 2006, 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.