NAME THAT TUNE!!!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
DEBBIEWEBE

Re: NAME THAT TUNE!!!

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

"I Dont Like Spiders and Snakes" lol
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

or how about Lady Marmalade?
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Ok...Mary...do you remember that show...Name that tune?? I sure do! "I can name that tune in fill in the blank  notes!."..."I can name that tune in blank notes"..."Name that tune!"
Kinda on topic, one of my other favorite shows that dealt heavily with music was the one that ended with "Good night...sleep tight...and pleasant dreams to you...Here's a wish...and a prayer that every dream comes true...and now til we meet again....Adios! Au Revoir! Auf Weidersehn! Good Night!"
Can you name that tune's Show???
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Ding ding ding! Mary is correct...Lawrence Welk it is!! I used to sit up on Sat night in the hallway at Grandma's house "hiding" cuz mom wanted me in bed at 8 pm and it came on at 8. Grandma would usually catch me and sister and tell us to come on out and watch but that we better not say anything to mom! That was a favorite show!

I don't know about song My dingaling, but how bout "Rhinestone cowboy" by Glenn Campbell
Or an all time favorite of mine: "Kisses sweeter than wine" I can remember my dad whistling, humming and singing this song every Sunday as he got ready for Church "Because she had Kisses sweeter than wine...she had mm mm kisses sweeter than wine, sweeter than wine"
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Told you I was an "Old soul"...I even have my 7 yr old liking to occasionally watch Lawrence Welk re-runs on PBS!
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

marysimmons wrote:

Unless anyone other than Ms. NyKath has a message of support for "Muscrat Love," that is! 

Keep the topic going, my friends!  This is Fun!

Little Mary

I liked Muskrat Love!!! What was wrong with it?  Let's even go back farther then name that tune-  How about Sing Along With Mitch--you know, we followed that bouncing ball.  Oh, and how about Moon River- that was the first song I danced with my hubby too.  We met on my 17th birthday and a few days later he took me to my Junior Prom.  A month later he proposed and I accepted.  I wasn't 'allowed' to have my ring until my 18th birthday which happened to be the day after my Senior Prom.  Finally convinced my mom to allow me to have it the night of the prom.  It was displayed proudly in our picture that night.  Course my dad couldn't understand how come I still had it on the next day at church, had to remind him I was OFFICIALLY 18!  Then for a year I kept singing "Our Day Will Come" and "Going to the Chapel"  ;)
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

marysimmons wrote:The first two lines of the song were:
"I'm in love with a  Roller Derby Queen!
The meanest hunk of woman that anyone has ever seen!"
Little Mary

Mary!!!!  This is another one that John sings!!

She was five foot six and two fifteen
A bleached-blonde mama
With a streak of mean
She knew how to knuckle
And she knew how to scuffle and fight

And the roller derby program said
That she was built like a 'fridgerator with a head
Her fans call her "Tuffy"
But all her buddies called her "Spike"

I told him that he'd better NEVER call me "Spike"!!!!!!  LOL!!!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
rollingpat
New, but learning

Post by rollingpat »

How about.."Does your chewing gum lose it's flavor on the bedpost overnight?" 
Anyone know the "artist", if you could call him that!
Pat
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Sorry Ben, I am a big Jim Croce Fan, and Bad Bad Leroy Brown (IMHO) is a great song. So is You Don’t Mess Around With Jim – by the way, these are the first 2 45’s I ever owned. Got them as a Christmas present, and played these songs until the record needle go worn down !!  

I Dont Like Spiders and Snakes" – I think that was Jim Stafford. Fun song. And Mary, spiders, snakes and most reptiles don’t bother me – except for _______ and _________.

And wasn’t Lady Marmalade Patty Labelle?

My Dingaling was the only number 1 hit for Chuck Berry. While Chuck was very influential in shaping Rock and Roll, being a black performer kept  him from the number 1 position during his career. Sad comment on society back then.  

The Telephone Man, was sung by Meri Wilson. The only reason I know that is because a few months ago we had the telephone replaced at work. The telephone man was HOT – well, according to all the females who worked here. Of course, us guys didn’t see it. I started singing the Telephone Man song, and most folks never heard it. Of course I had to go on line and find the song and the singer. Here is a link about Meri http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meri_Wilson.

How about “I Have A Brand New Pair of Roller Skates, and You Have a Brand New Key”? – This song was banned on some radio stations because they thought the song had a hidden “SPAMMER-ual” meaning.
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

How about.."Does your chewing gum lose it's flavor on the bedpost overnight?"  Anyone know the "artist", if you could call him that!
Pat

DOES YOUR CHEWING GUM LOSE IT'S FLAVOR ON THE BESTPOST OVERNIGHT ???

AND IF YOUR MOTHER TELLS YOU SPIT IT OUT, DO YOU SWALLOW IT ON SPITE ???

One of those rare British Skiffle groups to have a US Hit.
Tom

robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Ok here's another...the only way a pastor was able to remember my name and Not call me by his daughter's name was "When Veronica plays her harmonica...down on the pier at Santa Monica"
It was on an old 78 (Which I think my mom has somewhere...or I have it packed away)
Does anyone know who sang it? Or what song was on the flip side??
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

robnveronica wrote:Ok here's another...the only way a pastor was able to remember my name and Not call me by his daughter's name was "When Veronica plays her harmonica...down on the pier at Santa Monica"
It was on an old 78 (Which I think my mom has somewhere...or I have it packed away)
Does anyone know who sang it? Or what song was on the flip side??

OH I KNOW, I KNOW  ;D  And I still HAVE your record!
neakybird

Post by neakybird »

Hi,
just "chiming in" with a "note" on the roller skate song. That was by Melanie and the bed post song was by Lonnie Donegan and his skiffle group (yes, I searched for those answers).  I do remember Burl Ives and Lawrence Welk, I wanted to be Cathy Lennon :) and I remember this tune from the 70's "inagadadavida" (?sp) by the Iron Butterfly I think.  Does anyone know what that means?
neakybird
...but I know whom I have believed in and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I comitted unto him against that day.
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

OK the former disc jockey in me is loving this .....

According to Iron Butterfly member Doug Ingle, the title was suppose to be "In the Garden of Eden" - but when they were rehearsing it, they were drunk and it became In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida.

I love the Simpson's episode "Bart Sells his Soul" when he replaces the hymn organist music with this song, and renamed it (properly) to "In the Garden of Eden" by I. Ron Butterfly
Tom

rhernan216

Post by rhernan216 »

that is so funny... when i was in fourth grade " Brand New Key" was a hit for Melanie. We used to bring our 45 rpm records every friday and the last hour of the day our teacher would let us play those songs.

Brand New Key
Bye, Bye Miss American Pie
Sunshine ( Gone Away Today)
Travelin' Band ( CCR)
123 ABC- Jackson 5
Knock Three Times ( Tony Orlando)
and anything by the Osmonds
Richard Hernandez