Recipe for fruit smoothies ?????

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
cavnorking

Recipe for fruit smoothies ?????

Post by cavnorking »

Hello-

Does anyone have a good recipe for fruit smoothies?
It would be good for a different way to eat fruit.

Thanks,
Kim
shirleym

Re:Recipe for fruit smoothies

Post by shirleym »

The fruit drink recipe I use is from the Vita-Mix book:

1/2 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 apple
1 orange
1/2 can pineapple chunks & half of juice
1 banana (fresh or frozen)
1 cup red grapes (fresh or frozen)
3 or 4 ice cubes
Blend until it is smooth. Makes plenty for 2 people to enjoy.
happylooser

Re: Recipe for fruit smoothies ?????

Post by happylooser »

Hello Everyone!
I made a tasty fruit smoothy this evening for supper. Into the blender I put some ice, low sugar orange juice, and all the leftovers from todays fruit bowl which included cut up cantalope, cut up strawberries and fresh pineapple plus some fresh raspberries I had just come home from the store with. Oh, and then I put in a fresh banana. Yum, it was delicious and filling too!
Funny how I have starting to crave these smoothies since starting LDL two weeks ago!
If God is with you, who then can be against you?
niki

Post by niki »

hi happylooser....successfully on let's do lunch for 2 weeks...that's great...you just keep eating until full of all the allowable foods and watch yourself shrink...the absence of sugar/grains/nuts/seeds stabilizes your blood sugars and gets rid of the cravings...the beans and fruit maintain those stable blood sugars keeping you feeling full and satisfied......as far as i'm concerned there is NO other way of eating that can do what let's do lunch does creating a healthy lifestyle of eating which shrinks you down to your ideal weight.......keep up the good work and welcome to our boards............niki   
happylooser

Post by happylooser »

Thanks Ladies for the encouraging feed back. It feels good to have those who are successful tell me that I am on the right track. My hubby and I are eating this way together and he of course being born male (ha) has lost twice as much as I, but I knew that would happen from past experience with dieting together. It makes my job of helping him much easier knowing he is also happy eating this way. It has taken a lot of getting use to making the main meal in the middle of the day. I am blessed in that I work out of my home, but I care for young children and have to wait until they take their afternoon naps to get our main lunch meal together. It has taken some new kind of organization and planning. It is more work, that's for sure, but the reward is feeling better and with a clearer mind not having that old "junk" in my system. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.   Happy Loser
If God is with you, who then can be against you?
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

I ask our God to help you and all of us as we learn to eat differently.
Aunt Lovina

Post by Aunt Lovina »

I'm new to this today:  Do you ever use skim milk in smoothies or other recipes?
sourgrapes

Post by sourgrapes »

I love the fruit smoothies! I just can't get enough of them.
*2 bananas chopped up
*1 or 2 cups of orange juice
Blend it and then start throwing ice in until you get yourself a nice, slushy smoothie:)
I love it best with bananas!
Mike

Post by Mike »

Britt, Don't know if you have tried it or not, but you might like frozen smoothies.  Make whatever flavor you like and freeze it. Most of them taste just like serbet.  Mike
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

and if you use frozen fruit then you don't need the ice to make it slushy!!
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Brittany,
I tried your smoothie today with two bananas and a cup of orange juice and the ice.  You were right it was a nice change from the strawberry I normally have!!! 
Thanks for sharing
Debbie
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

I made one this morning with peaches, strawberries, blueberries, OJ, banana, unsweetened soy milk and some cinnamon sprinkled in as well as small amount of vanilla! YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!!!
HarleyGrandma

Post by HarleyGrandma »

I get the Golden Fruit Medley from the Schwans guy.. put that in a blender with a banana, some pineappla and a little unsweetened OJ and it is SO good.
sb125

Post by sb125 »

Well, I ventured into uncharted territory & tried carrots in my smoothie!  It was actually very good.  If I could get my veggies into smoothies without actually tasting them as much, it would be perfect!  Anyway, here is my recipe for the pumpkin/carrot smoothie:

1 ind. cup of unsweetened applesauce
1 ind. carton of Tropicana OJ (no sugar of course!)
2 pineapple slices
handful of frozen strawberries
1/8 cup pumpkin (more if you like)
1 1/2 cooked carrot
1/4 cup cranberries
pour unsweetened apple juice in until it covers the fruit (this makes it easier for my blender to blend!)

It is really yummy!  Hope you like it!  Have a great day, all!  Blessings to you!  Steph  ;D
Thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph!!  2 Cor 2:14  (triumph over fat!)
GlimR

Post by GlimR »

Thank you for the recipes in this thread, so many good ones to try.

I haven't received the book yet but have always made this one:

orange juice
frozen banana
frozen blueberries
frozen mango

I have always added baby spinach to this...and don't know if that is permissible yet on LDL.
You can't taste the spinach and is  a lovely purple from the frozen berries, thick, sweet and delicious!
If too thick, add more oj~