I must confess

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Nicki
New, but learning

I must confess

Post by Nicki »

Okay, day three was not the best day for me so far this week. I still had my headache at 9:30 last night when I dropped off the last teenager from church. I took the bus back to the church, got in my car, and was starving and my head was pounding. I could not help myself, and afterwards I beat myself up, but i went to Taco Bell for two hardshell taco's. I know it is not LDL food, but it was as close as I could stay to LDL. Whatever is in the taco is what I am lacking, cause my headache was gone within fifteen minutes of eating.

I done good today, but I know the headaches will come back probably by tomorrow. I just wish I knew what I needed to eat to replace whatever is in the Taco.

I was so weak last night!!!! Lord, please help me.....

Nicki
NickiB
joecaracappa
Master Member

Re: I must confess

Post by joecaracappa »

Are you eating until you are FULL?

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
Nicki
New, but learning

Post by Nicki »

I am full when i get done eating, but in minutes I start feeling hungry again. I can't afford to buy so much fruit, I spent a lot on fruit and the beginning of the weak, and now I have had to buy more.
NickiB
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Nicki - You don't have to eat just fruit.  At the beginning of this plan you are to eat any allowable foods until all your cravings are gone.  So if you're hungry, have a can of corn, or some eggs, or any type of vegetable - and don't forget beans!  They will fill you up like nothing else. 

Just a p.s. - You can order pinto beans with no cheese at Taco Bell...

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

I get frozed fruit from Smart and Final. You can also use canned fruit. I usually make my smoothies by tossing in a half a fresh banana, 3/4 cup of juice and a healthy shake of cinnamon, blend it all together and start adding the frozed fruit a few pieces at a time until I reach the desired consistency.

If you are using all fresh fruit, that could get pricey this time of year. I found it a lot more affordable using frozen. Also keep in mind, as you loose weight your smoothies will get smaller.

Are you eating popcorn?

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

I am full when i get done eating, but in minutes I start feeling hungry again.

Just echoing what already has been said by others: Roger Troy has said it many times: In the beginning of LDL You need to eat as often as you can and as much as you want of allowable foods.  Never go hungry . I know this is contrary to the “diet” mentality, but remember this isn’t a diet, it’s a way of life.

Your body can’t tell the difference between a non-fattening starchy carbs and a fattening starchy carbs and/or between fruit and/or regular sugar. You need to eat as often as you can and as much as you want of all the non-fattening starchy carbs and/or fruit until your body gets acclimated to the “positive” nourishment.

That is probably why you have headaches - not enough sustenance

So make sure you  EAT ... EAT ... EAT .. EAT ... EAT ... EAT ... EAT .. EAT ... until you can't eat any longer :)
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
niki

Post by niki »

hi nicki....for the first few months,i would eat my fruit in the morning and then be hungry for something else....i used to make a BIG bowl of popcorn right after i ate my fruit....in those days,i used to eat 2 bowls of popcorn a day.....i read the great advice everyone has jumped in with....that eating until full thing?...REALLY important...
  as far as the expense of the fruit?....you got some great advice on that too......but,another thing i do is that i freeze fresh fruit when it's in season and cheaper...all summer,when grapes were $.99/lb,i would go to the store and buy 20 pounds and wash and freeze them....i buy bananas from costco for 3 lbs/$1 and freeze them...that frozen fruit?..costco....i just bought 27 mangos because they were 3/$1....i peeled and froze some........i buy popping corn from walmart for $.88 for a 2 pound bag....dried beans?...a great buy...very inexpensive...once you're on it for a while,you're not able to eat as much fish or chicken either....
  once you're on it for a while,you won't be able to eat that much of anything,including fruit...so,sit tight and make this investment in your future and in your health...if i add up what i used to spend on junk food and take out,i spend less now than i did then......whatever you spend?....YOU'RE WORTH IT...............sincerely,niki
Last edited by niki on December 7th, 2006, 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
niki

Post by niki »

Nicki wrote:I done good today, but I know the headaches will come back probably by tomorrow. I just wish I knew what I needed to eat to replace whatever is in the Taco.

I was so weak last night!!!! Lord, please help me.....
Nicki

i think you might need to do what i suggested as far as the headaches go...eliminate the sugars and bad carbs a little more gradually...right off the bat get rid of the sugars....the unhealthy carbs might need a LITTLE more time....YOU of all people should eat LOADS of fruit and LOADS of beans as substitutes for the sugar and unhealthy carbs that your body is missing...i think that that's what will get you through this...don't forget that our name means "victory".......niki
Nicki
New, but learning

Post by Nicki »

Hey everyone, thanks for the advice! I have to tell you all that I knew this would be a challenge, when I started it. I am one of those single, no kid, people that has actually ate out every night and at lunch up until this point. I never ate breakfast, and snacks were usually a little debbie out of the snack closet at work. My suppers were usually fast food, and my lunch was anything from fast food to a country buffet. I had already dropped off of the cokes and such, and have been drinking water for about a month and a half. I lost 10lbs on that. One of my friends pointed out LDL and we decided to give it a try. We have seen success in three other ladies we both know. I went over her house tonight and we both scanned the book again, I realized I can have stuff like Mater' Soup, which I love, and I put popcorn in it today, yum.....

I also have to say I detest green vegies. I know their good for me, but yuck! I have been forcing them down the last couple of days, kind of the kid version of swallowing whole green beans.

I have figured out some new things to try while re-looking at the book. So I should be okay. I have not had a headache today, and I done all LDL.

Thanks
Nicki
NickiB
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Nicki,

I'm 45 and a half years old; but I, too, am "one of those single, no kid, people that has actually ate out every night and at lunch" until starting "Let's Do Lunch"tm. I found it fairly easy to make it on popcorn, canned beans, until I was ready to start trying some of the simpler recipes.
Do you have a "George Foreman" type grill? That made cooking meat easier for me.

I eat fruit for breakfast. Meat and beans for lunch. And then fruit and vegetables for supper. Popcorn anytime I want it, between meals or as part of a meal. When I want them I add eggs.

Please don't force yourself to eat vegetables that you don't like right now. You may find later that your tastes have changed; but right now just eat what you like that fits into the LDL plan. You can do this, sister!

NJ
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

I can't afford to buy so much fruit, I spent a lot on fruit and the beginning of the weak, and now I have had to buy more.

It does seem like eating healthier does cost more but I think the shopping will get better.  At first I spent more on the foods I needed to eat and in quantities I didn't ususally buy before, like grapes.
Now there are foods I don't spend money on anymore, like ice cream and candy...........which amazingly I have not craved.  
It will be a learning process to shop a little differently.

Nicki, so sorry you have had to go through these headaches!  As long as there's no other medical reason for them, I am hoping and  believing that eating more of what everyone has so far suggested to you is what will help you.
Focus on the LDL foods that you can enjoy and have at it.  NJ is so right about not forcing yourself to eat something you don't like.

Your experience is important and we all want to know how it goes for you.
You will be able to help anyone else that has this problem by sharing your results.
Best wishes,
mrsj

Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Nicki 

NJ & Julie (MrsJudo) are right.  You don't have to eat things you don't like - don't force yourself!!  And you will end up spending less in the long run.  I would think that eating (what sounds like) all of your meals out would be more expensive than fruit, beans, popcorn and such.

Just one note - be careful with that canned tomato soup - it's meant as a "once in a while" thing.  The canned version has sugar in it.  Once you get more comfortable in the kitchen, you can try Little Mary's Most Filling Tomato soup ever...

Keep us informed.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Just adding one thing that wasn't said yet: Don't beat yourself up over any slips that are made. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and try again with the next meal!

I personally did not experience the headaches, but I also filled up on as much corn, popcorn and beans as I could tolerate as well as frozen grapes by the pounds in the beginning!
Now a suggestion for the eating out! (I've already admitted to eating out much more than is good for us, but I'm a working married mom of 3 girls constantly on the go!)
Taco Bell: Taco Salad (don't eat shell) Order w/out sour cream/guacamole and add extra beans (best if can tol the ckn or steak one)
Burger Joint (Carl's Jr, Wendy's, Burger King etc): Order your meal Low Carb Style (they get rid of buns and wrap in lettuce)  (wendy's and Mc Donald's offer fruit option vs French Fries Much better choice!)
Denny's or other sit down restaurant: Grilled meat, corn, fruit, cottage cheese, tomatoes, egg beater omlette minus cheese...fruit/veggie instead of hashbrown and toast.
These are just a few of the types of choices I may make when eating out. Remember to eat the best choice amidst what you are offered. And don't be afraid to ask for something that's not offered on the menu!!!

Veronica
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

No, Roger Troy; Nicki said somewhere else that she'd been off of caffiens for awhile; had actually lost 10 pounds prior to LDL by leaving the cokes alone and drinking water.

Nicki; did you catch that at the start of this eating plan you can eat all the lean meats you want? It sounds to me like you have jumped past the early stage of 'stopping the cravings' and 'breaking old habits' and jumped into the long-term eating plan that comes once your body has stablized.
Right now eat ALL you want, whenever you want of LDL-friendly foods. Don't worry so much about weight-loss just yet. Give yourself time to adjust.

Are you still headache-free? I hope so.
We're praying for you Girl.
NJ
Nicki
New, but learning

Post by Nicki »

I just found a recipe that I love, and it is healthy! I took breast tenders and rolled them in popcorn flour. I thne put a little bit of olive oil in a pan and fried the chicken, YUM! I then made the "Cali-Taters" and cooked them long enough to be soft and then blended them with a little ICBINButter and a dash of pepper and salt, and some soy milk, YUM! 

No headache today and this is day two of no headaches. Thanks for the prayers and concerns. I am just a unhealty eater trying to become a new person.

THanks
Nicki ;D
NickiB
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

Yea Nicki-- Glad to see no headaches for the 2nd day!  You're on your way to a new and healthier you!!!  God Bless.
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

I am just a unhealty eater trying to become a new person.

AMEN, Nicki !!

Glad to see it's day 2 of no headaches

.. except for me :) !!
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
niki

Post by niki »

alright nicki......second day...no headaches..way to go....niki
robnveronica