Wasa Bread

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
BBG
New, but learning

Wasa Bread

Post by BBG »

I new at this and feel it is going well.

I was wondering about the Wasa Bread part of LDLD. I tried it last night as I had the craving for a "cracker". I divided a slice on Borden's fat free sharp cheese on three crackers and put them in the microwave. Yummy...

But I felt guilty about the cracker and cheese thing...

So help me understand this....  Did I slip, or is it "OK"?

Thanks,

John
Every day is a Blessing, make the most of it.
tcasola
Administrator

Re: Wasa Bread

Post by tcasola »

BBBG (the extra B is for BROTHER):

You did well.

However, in the future to may want to try changing soy-cheese. Yeah - Yeah, I know. SOY CHEESE  :o - but believe me, it's good. Especially melted. I sometime melt Soy Cheese on a Wasa Cracker and add a little tomato sauce when I have a pizza craving.

Keep going BBBG !!
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Hey John;

You wrote: "Did I slip, or is it "OK"?"
'Yes' and 'Yes'  ;D
In the long run, you are trying to get off of sugars, grains, potatoes and pre-processed foods.

BUT, as you also said, "I had the craving for a "cracker"."
What cracker would you have chosen prior to LDL? Was Wasa a healthier choice, yet it still 'fed' the cracker craving? Then 'Attaboy, ya done good'.

Right now you are not necessarily in the 'weight-loss' portion of this eating plan. In order to succeed you must first eliminate your cravings. Right now, eat all you want, whenever you want, of LDL-friendly foods. until you're having no more cravings. Wasa was a good cracker choice.

A few weeks from now you may think, "hmmm, crackers and cheese might be a nice snack..." But because you are craving-free it then you'll choose popcorn for the crunch or a dish with beans for the starch, depending on what you're hungry for.

Keep asking questions;
NJ
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

John,

I'd just like to add - if you are able to find Original Corn Thins (made by Real Foods), this would be a better choice.  You'll be able to have that "cracker" type thing, and you can eat as many corn thins as you like. 

And what Tom said about the soy cheese is absolutely true!!  If you have a Walmart close, go to the produce section and they should carry all the soy cheeses right there.  The jalepeno jack is awesome!!  (but I really do love ALL the flavors)

If you're not able to find Corn Thins, you can order them on-line.  You may have to order a case (this may seem like a lot, but it's NOT!! - Not when you can have them whenever you want.).  Go up to the "search" button at the top of the page and click on it.  Then type "Corn Thins" in and a topic will pop up about where to order them.

I've been on LDL since the end of July and it was only about a week ago that I tried Wasa Bread...  it tasted so much like cardboard to me that I didn't finish it... (I was out of Corn Thins).

I'm glad you're with us!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
niki

Post by niki »

you know,carolyn,i haven't been eating cornthins that long...maybe a few months.....in the last couple of months,i have to control myself not to eat the whole package...sometimes i eat popcorn first so that i can eat just half a package......sometimes i put soynuts in my little food progessor with a banana and spread it on the corn thins and in that case,i only eat a few....or melt a little cheese on top and then i only eat a few.....is this my compulsive eating habits peeking through that if i don't restrain myself,i eat the whole package?......niki
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Hmmmmmm - I don't know....  I don't have them regularly because I have to go a ways to get them, but when I DO have them I usually put something on them - either soy nut butter or a little soy cheese.  I'll generally only have two or three.

But I have to hide them from John!!!  Not really, but he could probably sit down and eat almost an entire package...

Carolyn

niki

Post by niki »

somehow,when you don't put anything on them,they slide right down and before you know it,you've eaten a whole package..........niki
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Kinda like the old days with a bag of chips??  Yep....

Carolyn

BBG
New, but learning

Post by BBG »

Thanks for the feedback, I'll hit Walmart and get some soy-cheese.

I'l look for corn thins..

Hopped on the scale this morning, -5# so 95 more to go... :)

Basically the cravings are gone, it is just the late evening eating habits that are hard to break. The popcorn has helped.

Thanks,

John
niki

Post by niki »

yes................niki
niki

Post by niki »

here's the thing with jumping on the scale every morning....in the first month or so,most people lose a nice amount of weight to start out with.....i believe it depends on how well you lose and how much fluid you retain....the absence of the sugars and unhealthy carbs makes your body release a certain amount of fluid....after that,you'll lose 5-10 pounds a month....if you keep jumping on the scale,one day you might be retaining fluid again and the scale will make it look like you haven't lost ANY weight at all ....THAT is VERY discouraging.....so i really encourage EVERYONE to stay off of their scales.....i didn't even weigh in once a month...i waited until my clothes were looser....NOW,i'm retaining fluid...if i were to weigh myself,i would see myself 5 pounds heavier than when i last weighed in......why would i want to subject myself to that?....why would anyone?.........niki
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

BBG wrote: "Basically the cravings are gone, it is just the late evening eating habits that are hard to break. The popcorn has helped."

John;

Have you tried frozen grapes? That's how Roger Troy started out changing his evening snacking habits. Lately I've been hit with cravings again because of all the off=plan foods I 've eaten since Thanksgiving, so I have been munching on grapes at night. It has really helped me. Also if ice cream is what you long for in the evening; puree some bananas in a blender, pour it into little cups or bowls and freeze it. It's like ice cream. A little too hard at first but set it out to thaw for 5 minutes and then enjoy.

I wish God's blessings for you and yours;
NJ
BBG
New, but learning

Post by BBG »

First thing I did was frozen grapes, nice and sweet, but almost too sweet.

I'm really having fun with it, and I agree with the scale issue. What I'm anticipating is the clothes getting more loose and my body shape changing.

Thanks agaqin for the support.

John
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Hi BBG!

Yes, you will notice body changes.  As the weight drops, you will see some "sculpting" taking place.  I am now beginning to see an indentation that I haven't seen in ages...I think I remember it is called a "waist".  It was buried in waste.... (Ha-ha!)...but true.

It does take a mental training to remember what you are supposed to eat and what you are not to eat.  As with anything else...retraining is all that is needed and it only takes a little time.

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Corky
New, but learning

Post by Corky »

To everyone commenting on wasa bread and corn thins. The corn thins are the best choice and I too like the soy cheese on them, however I have been using the different bean dips I have found with LDL and some times a little salsa, I can see Niki smiling at me now from the "Bean Queen " throne.  Sometimes just a small spoon of Sugar  free Polaner fruit spread and some decaf green tea or coffee  suits me.  Corky
Corky
niki

Post by niki »

Corky wrote:however I have been using the different bean dips I have found with LDL and some times a little salsa, I can see Niki smiling at me now from the "Bean Queen " throne....Corky

everything you see,i owe to beans............niki
TEAFORTWO

Post by TEAFORTWO »

I didn't think I liked the corn thins much, UNTIL I tried the cheddar veggie cheese! What a great taste! I found some brushetta that has no sugar, only olive oil and sun dried tomato, should be good with cheese on corn thins, hope it's ok.
Happy Holidays,
T. :D
niki

Post by niki »

tell me what's in the brushetta.....niki
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

LOL  niki you crack me up sometimes!  I'm so glad you are still posting on the boards and giving encouragement even though you've reached goal weight.  *Hugs*  I appreciate you.  :)

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by niki »

LittlePrincess wrote:

LOL  niki you crack me up sometimes!  I'm so glad you are still posting on the boards and giving encouragement even though you've reached goal weight.  *Hugs*  I appreciate you.  :)

(In Faith)  Little Princess

thanks,princess..........niki