Dinner tonight

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
aemalone
New, but learning

Dinner tonight

Post by aemalone »

Just decided it will be the Mexican Stuffed peppers. Just have to pick up the peppers. :)
BSRBoom

Re: Dinner tonight

Post by BSRBoom »

I was wondering if you all did this and posted your WFD. I think it would be great to see what everyone is having on a regular basis, as I think it would help the new people (like me), come up with ideas. I am having eggplant stacks and lima beans for dinner here. I have decided that what ever protein I make for my family, I will just package my serving to take to lunch the next day. I work in a restaurant and there are too many bad choices there to choose from.
{~{~{~~Beverly~~{~{~{
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

For me, tonight is a big bowl of popcorn and a delicious smoothie!  Yum!  This is one of my favorite dinners.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Last night we hosted a parent meeting at our house for our boy scout troop, I made four batches each of Pizza Soup and the Curried Pumpkin and Corn Soup.................those people didn't know what hit them.

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
abundantlyblessed

Post by abundantlyblessed »

HarleyGrandma

Post by HarleyGrandma »

I was going to have popcorn anyway, but I decided to try the cinnamon flavored too.  So split the pan of popcorn into two and tried the cinnamon!!  Very tasty!!
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

I didn't know my oldest had decided to be sweet and adorable tonight and make us dinner so I'll be having a 2nd main protein meal. She's almost 11 (next month) and wanted to do something special for her Daddy and I! It's our Anniversary today (14 years) and she decided to make us dinner! She cooked steak on the BBQ and I think is making us a salad and veggies. I know she found an old bottle of sparkling juice (to pretend is like champagne). She's trying right now to "Surprise" us by getting candles out to put on the TV trays she set up!

With such a special served meal I can't say no! And with the benefits of fitting LDL to MY lifestyle I don't have to! (AND I don't have to feel guilty like I might have on a different plan!!)
Some days I have just a salad with some non-fat cottage cheese and soy nuts, some days I have popcorn, some I have a smoothie and others I switch my lunch to dinner or have a 2nd protein meal (depends on how my body feels that day!)
So there you have it in a long winded drawn out sort of way!
Veronica
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

marysimmons wrote: This evening, as I saw my mountain of laundry growing higher & higher, I remembered something you wrote on here one night remarking that you never realized that women did laundry.  I guess my husband never realized that men did laundry either if their wives are busy.  Hey, Dexter!!!!

Little Mary

My mountain is getting pretty big too! Angelica has this rule "If an article of clothing is NOT inside a drawer or closet....................it goes on the laundry pile.......this includes folded clothing and dry clean only.

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Angelica must be training my children Joe! They seem to think that if clothing isn't put in it's drawers (even if it's clean and has not been worn) then they can leave it out on the floor long enough to get stepped on, made dirty and go in the laundry for mom to wash yet again!!!! Heck...even if it falls off of hangers and onto their toy box, they decide to put it in the laundry hamper!!

Unfortunately, they seem to make it dirty just by stepping on it til it needs to be washed again!!!
Tori

Post by Tori »

Awwww! Happy Anniversary Veronica!
Enjoy your special dinner!  (:

aemalone
New, but learning

Post by aemalone »

The Stuffed peppers were great,  and I have leftovers for tomorrows lunch.
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Robnveronica,

Hope you had a Great Anniversary supper!  It was nice of your daughter to fix it for you.  CONGRATULATIONS!!! 

One of these years you will have much less laundry to do.  I sometimes have to wait two or three weeks for enough of one color for a load of laundry.  SO, there is a time when you will no longer live at the washer and dryer.

Again, CONGRATULATIONS on your 14th Anniversary!!!

Love,

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Thanks jeanne!! I can, but then again I can't wait for that day!! I just did 3 1/2 baskets of laundry and still have at least that much to do!
Race Fan

Post by Race Fan »

Belated Happy Anniversary, Veronica!  Hope you enjoyed your special dinner.  Best Wishes & Hugs,  Dawn
>^..^<
aemalone
New, but learning

Post by aemalone »

Looks like I started something here, Tonights dinner will be leftover Egg Plant Parm. I work at an Archery Shop 1 night a week so we usully order out and believe me its nothing approved (LOL)  but the Egg Plant Parm will be great again. I highly reccommend this recipe fantastic.
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Tonight .. I am making something my mother used to make frequently when she was alive .... reservations !!

Thank you .. Thank you .. Thank you .. You're a wonderful crowd ... I'll be here all week !!
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
BigBen

Post by BigBen »

Brother tom, U better get a new joke book pretty soon buddy.  Today at lunch I am having a big ol Rodger troy Burger & some bill's Mash potatos & some leftover vegtables.  At night I M gonna have a big smoothie & probably some popcorn & maybe some watermelon 2.  your friend, Ben
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

Yum, Ben!  Wish I was near to share in your feast--I'm getting hungry.  Getting ready to go for my lunchtime walk.  Then I'll come back and have some homemade veggie soup and maybe some cottage cheese with fruit.  Take care.