[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4790: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
Let's Do Lunch Community • View topic - HOW TO START "LET'S DO LUNCH"

Let's Do Lunch Community

See your doctor for approval before starting any new eating program.
The Key to Let's Do Lunch is to "Add a Little Something Fattening" to something nonfattening, to make it Taste Great! Read the New Red Book to find out how this is done!

Author believes we are put on this earth to have a chance to love The Lord. Other than that, we are here to help God bless as many other people as possible.

It is currently

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

To all you newbies...once you get your doctor's approval to start, you need to eat the LET'S DO LUNCH foods that will eliminate your cravings for the fattening foods that have derailed you in the past...and you need to eat these foods Until You Are Full, whenever you are hungry, no matter how often that is and no matter how many calories you consume, until your body no longer craves the foods made from flour, potatoes, rice and refined sugar. This will happen just naturally, and when it does you'll lose all the weight you want and be able to keep it off for the rest of your life!

God bless,

Roger Troy

Roger Troy, author of Let's do Lunch (amazing reviews at amazon.com, made The 700 Club's "Top Highlights of the Last 50 Years!", called an "International Sensation", a "Smash Hit" and the "Most Buzzed-about Weight-loss Book of the Year!" by FIRST Magazine (for women)

Last edited by Anonymous on , edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  

John's Weight Loss Progress

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”

If you don't have the book yet, here are a few great guidelines, as outlined by our wonderful brother, Tom:

Basically the big NO NO’s are:
Breads, grains, nuts, seeds, starches (this includes: breaded foods, dextrose, gluten, pasta, potatoes, rice, etc.), sugar

What you are permitted:
Beans: Great source of protein (especially eaten in conjunction with corn - makes a complete protein)

Fruit (either alone or as a smoothie)

Meats: meats, chicken (skin removed), fish – should be eaten only at lunch, however there are exceptions.

Vegetables

You need to eat as often as you can and as much as you want UNTIL YOU ARE FULL (not STUFFED).

Your meals should consist of the following:

Breakfast and Supper: should consist of only beans, fruits and vegetables (there are exceptions). .

Lunch: is where you eat your (lean) meat protein, along with your beans/fruits/vegetables (there are exceptions).

DO NOT SNACK IN BETWEEN MEALS. However, if you find yourself hungry (during the day or night time), then eat fresh fruit, allowed vegetables, popcorn. Remember, in the beginning it's important to eat as often as you can and as much as you want UNTIL YOU ARE FULL .

Remember, just because a food or drink is "fat-free & sugar-free" or "low-calorie" does not necessarily mean non-fattening. Lots of low-calorie foods have very fattening ingredients in them; likewise, lots of sugar-free foods have very fattening ingredients in them, and lots of fat-free foods have regular sugar in them (very fattening).  Always remember that it's not "calories in, calories out", but it's "ingredients in, ingredients out".

As Roger Troy has said many time: You need to eat as often as you can and as much as you want of all the non-fattening starchy carb recipes. Seems the body can't tell the difference between a non-fattening starchy carbs and a fattening starchy carbs . When you eat the non-fattening starchy carbs you eliminate your cravings for the fattening starchy carbs.

He also states: You also need to eat as often as you can and as much as you want of all the sweetest fresh fruits (or fruit smoothies) until your body just doesn't crave the sweets anymore. Once again the body can't tell the difference between fruit and/or regular sugar, so when you eat the fruit sugars it eliminates your cravings for the regular sugar foods.

You'll see - once you start eating as much as you want, when you want, you’ll soon find you’ll be too full for cravings. And after awhile, your body will start to crave the suitable (substitute) foodies.

Ok so you eat as often as you want until full,  so after breakfast I get hungry before lunch , I can eat all the approved fruit, veggies and popcorn I want  ? Is this just when you start on LDL ? or does that continue throughout as this is ment to be a Life Style.  Can't wait for my book tp arrive, my wife Jean is craving reading the book so sorry if these questions  are reduindent for you veteran LDLers out there.  :)

Yes !!

Now to clarify my answer:

It is very important (especially in the beginning) to eat (approved foods) anytime you feel hungry.

For some, their hunger diminishes over time. For others, they still have craving through-out the day. Either way, eat when you are hungry.

Personally, 9 times out of 10 I have no hungry pangs between meals. But when it's that 10th time, I am glad I am permitted to eat as much as you want UNTIL YOU ARE FULL

Thanks Tom , I have always ate 6 small meals a day well not always but the last 5 years, I can see were this will be great once I learn all the in and out of it
Thanks agaiin
Tony (new but learning everyday)

Another question how much water does everyone drink while doing LDL ? I drink at least  gallon a day (no kidding)  I do have one decaffe coffee every morning, but really do not drink any other beaverges.

Tony

Last edited by tcasola on , edited 1 time in total.

Thanks!
I printed off the Guidelines below.....Does anyone have a list of approved foods?  and can anyone give me some examples of non fattening starchy carbs? I hope I am not being to curious but I am ready to get started and want to understand better.. 

On the food label, what should I be watching for?  Carbs? fat grams? Protien grams?  calories?  If any of those, what are the ranges we should stay in?

This is going to drive me nuts until I can read the book!!

Thanks for the help!

(by the way, I'm beetlebug because I have a 1972 Red VW Beetle!!! fun!)

Hi Beetlebug,
        Good starchy carbs are corn, popcorn, peas , beans. Look for sugar on the lable. We avoid sugar in all its many forms,sugar ,honey, mollasses, sucralose, cane sugar, fructose,high fructose corn syrup, etc.try to avoid processed foods.
                Hope this helps
                      glad to meet ya!
                        Kris

If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10

May I make one correction, Kris?
Some folks do eat sucralose, which is Splenda; sucrose is what we avoid.

You can also include dark-brown brown rice, wild rice, whole-grain cereals (no sugar in the ingredients) and Real Foods Original Corn Thins (buy online at amazon.com) for acceptable starchy carbs.

Stay away from foods with refined sugar in the ingredients, and you have to be careful because their are other names for sugar, like cane juice, sucrose, glucose, etc....and stay away from sugary and creamy sauces and soups, etc....and salad dressings on the side, and condiments on the side.

You'll get the hang of it.

God bless and enjoy!

Roger Troy

Roger Troy, author of Let's do Lunch (amazing reviews at amazon.com, made The 700 Club's "Top Highlights of the Last 50 Years!", called an "International Sensation", a "Smash Hit" and the "Most Buzzed-about Weight-loss Book of the Year!" by FIRST Magazine (for women)

Last edited by Anonymous on , edited 1 time in total.

I have a question about sweeteners.  For some time now, I have been concerned about artificial sweeteners, and have been experimenting with other types.  How about Zylitol, and fructose?  (as well as Stevia).  I know that at least Zylitol doesn't affect your blood sugar like some of the others.
Jamie

Hi Jamie. Stay away from Xylitol, as it can be made from cane bagasse, which is a derivative of the sugar-refining industry and could cause cravings. Also, I would stay away from fructose, because of its processing causing cravings (complicated).

Stevia is just fine. In fact, there is a new product called Truvia, which is made from Stevia and is now available at your local grocery store.

I have found that Stevia, in some foods and drinks, just doesn't taste right to me - and therefore I have used Splenda, even though there are problems with it healthwise.

I have not tried Truvia as yet, and I'm hoping that it will taste right to me in all foods and drinks.

God bless and enjoy!

Roger Troy

Hi everyone,

I am new to LDL.  I did South Beach about 18 months ago and lost about 40 lbs, then took a year hiatus and gained 10 lbs back.  I like LDL because of the fruits, I missed them on SB.  I have done well for this week, but would like to know some pointers for the weekend.  I have a hard time sticking to plans when the kitchen cupboard is only steps away.  I cannot purge my kitchen, because my teenagers and husband refuse to even try LDL eating.  I made the meatloaf and beef stew for lunches this week and begged my family to try them.  They would NOT!  I think I have done OK following the guidelines, should probably add more beans (I made a batch of the 3 Bean salad thinking I would eat that during lunch this week, but did not like it, so ate vegetable soup as my side dish for lunches this week.  I know my meals are repetitive, but I won't waste food, so if I make an entire meatloaf and a big pot of beef stew I will eat those 2 things for the entire week.  I will try 2 new main dishes next week.

Hi lifegoeson,

It sounds like you don't have the book as yet, am I right? If so, please order it from our website, www.letsdolunch.com , where you will get with it the "coming" changes to the next printing, as well as a free $15 set of Laminated Recipe Cards, and the shipping and handling is also included.

If you already have the book, but didn't order it from our website, then please email me, roger@letsdolunch.com , and I will send you the "coming" changes to the next printing of the book, free of charge.

That said, please see your doctor for approval before starting Let's Do Lunch. That said, I suggest that you don't tell your family you are serving them diet recipes - because, believe me, they will love the LDL recipes better than the fattening ones they have been eating!

And don't worry about the kitchen cupboard, because to start with you need to eat UNTIL YOU ARE FULL, WHENEVER YOU ARE HUNGRY, NO MATTER HOW OFTEN THAT IS AND NO MATTER HOW MANY CALORIES YOU CONSUME!...so that the kitchen cupboard makes you sick to your stomach to even look at it!

The other thing you need to do is to make all the wonderful recipes that both you and your family will LOVE!...like Pizza Soup, LDL Burgers, R.M.'s Made Rights, Beef Potato Pie, Tamale Pie, Bill's Mashed Potatoes with dark-brown rice in them, Ground-chicken Sausages, Butter-bean Potato Cakes, Dark Brown Fried Rice with Chicken, etc., etc.

Stay away from Beef Stew, unless the meat is extra-lean, which normally stew meat is NOT.

Please do me the favor of reading Chapters 2 thru 6 at least 3 times through, in order to pick up on everything you need to remember.

God bless and enjoy!

Roger Troy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next