WHY "LET'S DO LUNCH" WORKS

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
robnveronica
Master Member

Re: WHY "LET'S DO LUNCH" WORKS

Post by robnveronica »

Haven't tried the potato pancakes, however have tried the other 2 and LOVE THEM!!!!!
iwannalose2

Post by iwannalose2 »

I'm soo glad my grandma told me about lets do lunch a long time ago! I just feel so good! I can already tell a difference in my stomach and I have much more energy..and you know what it's easier to get up in the morning and get ready for school even...because let me tell you I am NOT a morning person! lol
Thank Roger Troy & God!!!
vanbro1995
New, but learning

Post by vanbro1995 »

I am trying to get this question to Roger quickly.  I can't sleep at night since day 2 of this LDL program.  I really like the program and want so badly to stay on it.  Why would eating so much fruit at night keep me awake till around 5 in the morning.  I cannot continue to go without sleep.  Nights 2 and 3 have only given me about 1-2 hours each night (or morning before I fall asleep) and then I cannot get to work on time.  I need your help as to what to do.  I thought I might have to switch my lunch and dinner but don't want to do that really.  It has to be the overload of sugar in my fruit that is keeping me awake.  I don't eat any of the snacks yet.  I do have a fruit smoothie about one quart in size for my dinner around 8:00 when I get home and get it prepared.  But, even if I ate at 7, at the rate I am experiencing, I would still be awake several hours into the morning.
graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

Hi,
    I just wanted to add this, I have heard that eating raw celery in the evening will help you sleep. I have never tried it , but it won't hurt to try.  :)
                        Praying you have a good nights sleep
                                              Kris
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Sometimes when i can't sleep -- like the night before last, i just lay in bed and think about God.  i lay there and communion with Him...sometimes i'll drift off, sometimes not.  But if not, then i still know that the time i spent thanking Him and talking with Him is the BEST use of my time.  In Islam we say "Prayer is better than sleep."  You might begin to thank God for leading you to LDL ....the early morning hours seem so powerful for prayer -- sooner or later you will sleep...Please take good care in the meantime with your driving etc until you get a good sleep!

i find that even caffein free diet soda after 1pm causes me not to sleep well. 

maybe some herbal tea? 

Please let us know how you're doing...

God bless..
margo
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Roger, is anyone doing scientific research regarding the health benefits of Let's Do LunchTM??  In my humble opinion, (whatever that is worth) it is only a matter of time until your program breaks out as a MAJOR force in health care.

While researching the effects of diet on pain and inflammation, I ran across some important information (to me) that could help explain why "Let's do Lunch" works so well -- not only to promote weight loss, but to reduce or alleviate pain, AND contribute to all the other positive health benefits that LDL'ers are reporting since starting the program. 

The following web page addresses how foods either increase or reduce pain and inflammation

Highlights of the diet article sound like it was written with LDL in mind!  Following is an excerpt:

Humans are genetically adapted to eat fruits, vegetables, fish, fowl, meat, and small amounts of raw nuts. Consider also that there are no chronic diseases caused by eating these foods. No matter what disease you may suffer from, none of these foods must be eliminated from the diet. The same cannot be said for grains in particular. In a nutshell, grains contain several potentially problematic substances, such as gluten, lectin, and phytates, and they promote an inflammatory acidic pH, and disrupt proper blood sugar regulation.

Part 1: The Inflammation Checklist
How many inflammation factors apply to you?
· I have chronic aches and pains, such as back pain, neck pain, headaches, or general muscle and/or joint soreness.
· I regularly take anti-inflammatory or anti-pain medications, such as ibuprofen, aspirin, or Tylenol®, or a similar prescription drug.
· I regularly eat grains and grain products, such as white bread, whole wheat bread, pasta, cereal, pretzels, crackers, and/or any other product made with grains or flours from grains, which includes most desserts and packaged snacks.
· I regularly eat refined sugar (including desserts, sodas, sweetened drinks, etc.).
· I regularly eat partially hydrogenated oils (trans fats) found in most margarines, deep fried foods (French fries, etc.) and most all packaged foods.
· I regularly eat corn oil, safflower oil, sunflower oil, cottonseed oil, soybean oil, and foods made with these oils such as mayonnaise, tarter sauce, margarine, and nearly all salad dressings.
· I regularly eat cheese in more than condiment size portions.
· I regularly consume soy or soy products, or eat them in place of fruits and vegetables.
· I regularly drink or eat dairy products.
· I regularly eat meat and eggs from grain-fed animals (regular supermarket brands).
· I am overweight and/or it is hard for me to lose weight/fat.
· I can grab too much fat around my waist.
· I am physically lethargic.
· I do not exercise regularly.
· I do not feel well when I exercise or if I exercise a little more than I should, it is hard to recover.
· I am mentally lethargic and feel rundown and depressed more than I would like.
· I look old and/or feel old for my age.
· My skin looks old and is sagging.
· I am prone to cold, allergy, and flu symptoms.
· I am a smoker.
· I suffer from one or more of the following: arthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, sinusitis, allergies, acne, asthma, digestive conditions, flu symptoms, dysmenorrhea, endometriosis, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, cancer, heart disease, osteoporosis, hypertension, depression, the insulin resistance syndrome (pre-diabetes), or diabetes.
· BMI (Body Mass Index) [Determine BMI at http://nhlbisupport.com/bmi/]
Underweight = <18.5; Normal weight = 18.5-24.9; Overweight = 25-29.9; Obesity = 30 or greater

Sincere regards from your new biggest fan,
Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
beetlebug

Post by beetlebug »

Help please!  I can't find the recipes for the Butterbean potato cakes and mashed potatoes and the sloppy joes.
I've searched soups and main dishes....no luck.  will keep trying though

[glow=red,2,300][/glow]Additionally, Let's Do Lunch recipes are designed to eliminate your cravings. For example, America's three favorite fattening foods are pizza, French fries and hamburgers. Let's Do Lunch Pizza Soup eliminates your cravings for pizza, Let's Do Lunch Butter-bean Potato Cakes and Mashed Potatoes eliminate your cravings for French fries and Let's Do Lunch Burgers and Sloppy Joes eliminate your cravings for hamburgers...and those Let's Do Lunch recipes taste as good as any pizza, French fries and hamburger you've ever eaten.
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

For the Sloppy Joes, you will want to look for "R. M.'s Made Rights".  I'll see if I can find a link for you.

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/http: ... .php?f=9.0

Here you go!  Just scroll down to about the middle of the page and you will find it. 
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

grambonnie5

Post by grambonnie5 »

And are they wonderful or what? I can't believe how great the recipes are.
Be pretty if you are; be witty if you can; but be cheerful if it kills you!
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

One of my helps for the craving of pizza is using a portabello mushroom cap for the crust at fresh tomatoes Italian spices, fresh veggies and a little fat free cheese and back about 15 mins.  Hot and good at night.
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
yourdish

for good night's sleep

Post by yourdish »

My husband sleeps like a rock, no matter what is going on, but since menopause I sometimes need  chamomile tea at night, plus occasional 1 mg tablets of melatonin. Might be safer to just "grow your own"melatonin by trying to keep away from bright lights and t.v. screens after a certain hour at night. (hard for me to do...) as well as sleep in a pitch black room. 

They say exposure to bright lights at night reduces one's natural melatonin, so use a dim night light in the bathroom, for instance. Also, getting  sun exposure for 15-30 minutes in midday helps you have more of the sleep hormone at night. Odd but said to be true.

Hope this helps. I try to thank Good for five blessings of the day as I fall asleep, and it work so well I sometimes realize I haven't gotten through all five.

yourdish
Happiness is frozen grapes and warm friends!

Give in to your bean cravings!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyfSlc2/
jlacotta
New, but learning

Post by jlacotta »

I'm new to LDL, but I was wondering where everyone's from that are on the LDL's message boards. 

I thought it would be nice to have a space by/or under our name that says which state we live in.  I think it would be Cool to see where everyone is from.

Let me know what everyone thinks!
Last edited by jlacotta on June 4th, 2009, 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What We do does not Define Us. What Defines Us is how Well We Rise after Falling!
totisguy

Post by totisguy »

jlacotta

Lizzy recently started a thread along the lines of your suggestion:

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=5303.0

She started by asking everyone how old they are and folks quickly started adding where they were from and other information about their families, careers, etc.

Trivia:  The 40-ish lbs I want to lose is equivalent to the weight of a standard 5-gallon water cooler bottle.