Newby Question

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
drmccarty

Newby Question

Post by drmccarty »

First, what can I eat to curb the desire for alcohol?  Second, are Ranch Style Beans alright?  THanks, Robin
Forever Young
Master Member

Re: Newby Question

Post by Forever Young »

I do not know about the alcohol as I am not a partaker of it.  However, on all our items we eat, we READ...READ...READ the labels to see if there is any added SUGAR or hidden SUGARS in them.  We avoid SUGAR, so we definitely do NOT want to purchase canned items with added sugars as that would defeat our purpose.

If you do any reading on these boards you will find that we have discussed hidden sugars.  It is even in the powdered coffee CREAMERS!  It is in the canned beans - some brands - and NOT some others.  So you have to read each label until you become accustomed to the ones in your area stores that are free of sugar.  That is probably why our bean QUEEN...niki...tells us to cook our own from dried beans.  That is one sure way to control what is in our food.

I am sure someone, perhaps even Roger Troy will address the cure for craving alcohol.  Hope you can give LDL a good trial time.  I know it works for us!

God bless!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
niki

Post by niki »

hi robin...first,i'd like to welcome you to our boards...as far as the canned beans you're referring to,you could post the ingredients and we could look at them....as jean said,there is hidden sugar in everything....i wonder why a diabetic has never tried suing a company for labeling something "sugar free" that really isn't and for the damage caused to them...........
  as far as the alcohol goes...roger drank some wine at the tail end of his weight loss...BUT,it WILL slow you down....he states in the book that it slowed him down...i suggest you load up on the sweetest fruit because of the link between craving alcohol and craving sweets......but if that doesn't seem to be enough,you could probably try drinking a little wine with a meal and gradually cut it down to nothing........hope this helped...niki 
drmccarty

Post by drmccarty »

The "Ranch Style Beans" that I had the question about does show to have sugar in them.  I think it's something like 3 or 4 grams.  Would that be enough to have a negative effect?
drmccarty

Post by drmccarty »

One other thing that I've noticed since beginning this diet is a loss of appetite.  I used to be starving by morning on my other diets.  On this one, I can't hardly make myself eat breakfast.  I always feel like I'm stuffed.  Likewise at dinner, I'm seldom hungry.  I read about Roger eating pounds of grapes as well as other fruits, but I can hardly eat a banana and an apple for breakfast.  My dinner usually consists of a pear, apple, or banana and a bowl of popcorn. Is this usual?
niki

Post by niki »

hi robin...don't go by the calorie breakdown on the beans.....go by the ingredients....and someone on these boards actually has said that those beans don't have sugar in their ingredients....although,you can have the same company can one type of beans without sugar and another with sugar........so you DO have to literally read every label....why don't you write out the ingredients here?
  not hungry?.....that's the beauty of let's do lunch and it's what i love best about this program of eating......keep up the good work.............sincerely,niki
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Robin, yes the not being hungry is a result of this eating plan.  I think it is because of the types of foods that we are eating (they must be furnishing our cells with their needs sufficiently unlike "junk" foods and empty calories).  I noticed that we don't consume the same quantities of food since LDL.  At night I usually don't have a very big appetite and we eat our dinner at night since I am at work during the noon meal.  Some mornings I feel hungry...and others I do not.  So, to answer your question as for not being hungry, YES, and that is one of the benefits of LDL...and weight loss!  WELCOME to LDL and the boards!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
cndy
New, but learning

Post by cndy »

Robin,I have been on LDL for several wks my 3 week. I been noticing I am not hungry at dinner. I also was wondering if it was normal, I am glad to hear it is. I will continue listening to my stomach if it is hungry or not. It is so wonderful to feel less hunger at night. I usually just  nibble on grapes, or just a fruit smoothie or popcorn at night. Satiety is under control!!!!!!!! Thanks for LDL and The Genius Roger Troy Wilson!!