1 Year Anniversary

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
tfw

1 Year Anniversary

Post by tfw »

Hello to everyone,

As I am approaching my 1 year anniversary on LDL, I wanted to drop another success story onto the website.  I first heard about the program in February, 2006, when I heard Roger being interviewed on a West Palm Beach morning radio show.  I was desparate to try something, as my constant weight gain has been a problem all of my life.  I have been on every diet imaginable to try to control the weight.  Not that it was a big problem, but I have struggled all of my life to stay within the proper weight.  I was 42 years old, weighing in at 245 lbs.  I knew that if I didn't change something, that I would follow everyone else in my family and be overweight, high blood pressure, and on my way to an early grave.

After Roger plugged the program, I purchased the book online from Amazon and started to get into the website.  I officially started the program on March 1, 2006.  As all of the other stories go, this program has been a life changing experience.  Not only has it saved my life, but it has given me new perspective on how to live each day to the fullest.  My blood pressure is down.  I no longer need to worry about sliding into the trap of being overweight for life.

The beauty of the program is that the food.  You never feel like you are cheating yourself.  You just continue to eat, and the pounds will drop off.  Sure, there were plenty of times that you hit the plateau's and that you feel like you can't go on, but with the help of our Lord, and the good people on these boards, you stay with it and your body reacts.

The good news is that I am now at 195lb.  I have lost 50lbs over this past year.  I contribute this all to everyone on these boards who have given me the support to continue on with this new way of life.  I want to loose another 10lbs, but I feel my body has reached an equilibrium point.  If it happens, great.  It it doesn't, no worries.

I live on a small island in the Bahamas, and the access to the food has been challenging.  But again with the great boards and food receipe's, you have made it possible to succeed.

My advice to all of you is to don't be discouraged, keep the faith, and you will be rewarded.

TFW
Queenie
Administrator

Re: 1 Year Anniversary

Post by Queenie »

TFW,

Thank you so much for writing this.  You may never know how much this helped me.  I've been on LDL since the end of July 2006 and even though I am truly only eating LDL allowable foods, and truly believe I'm following the guidelines that Roger lays out in the book, my weight loss has almost come to a screeching halt.  As of the October I had lost 20 pounds, and since then only 2 or 3.  If I only had 30 or so pounds to lose total, I'd not be too discouraged, but unfortunately I need to lose at least another 70 pounds.

Last night I dreamt of food.  I have NEVER dreamt of food before.  I think this is directly related to my stalled weight loss.  I seriously thought of chucking it all today.  Unbeknownst to anyone, I've been thinking this all day.

And then I read your post.  I will stick this out.  Thank You.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

And after writing all of that, I forgot to congratulate you!!  Congratulations on your anniversary - Congratulations on your weight loss!!  You are truly an inspiration.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
tfw

Post by tfw »

Carolyn,

Hang in there and stay with it!  As Little Mary has said several times with her story, stay the course and the results will come.  I feel the plateau's we all face, is God's way to test our willpower.  Whether it is 20, 30, 70 or 100lbs, to loose, you will not find another program out there that will do it for you.  With the help of all, you will succeed longterm and be successful.

God bless,
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

congrats! you're doing sooo well!!
tfw

Post by tfw »

Thank you to everyone for your kind words of encouragement.  Again, I couldn't have done it without the support of everyone on the boards.  I look forward to helping those I can in the future. 

Stay strong, stay focus, and LDL!