Is rooibos tea OK?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Rhea

Is rooibos tea OK?

Post by Rhea »

Now after the soy thing I'm getting nervous and double-checking things I had been taking for granted.

Was just about to make a cup of rooibos tea (a kind of caffeine-free herb tea made from seeds of the redbush plant) and suddenly thought I wonder if that's OK? I don't have milk or anything in the tea, of course.

Can anyone tell me? I'm sure some of my recent disappointment has been because of soy, of which i was eating a lot, and I want to to everything 'by the book' from now on and get to my goal fast!

Thanks for any help anyone can give me on this.

Rhea
EnJae
Master Member

Re: Is rooibos tea OK?

Post by EnJae »

Yes, I am familiar with rooibos. It is fine.
Rhea

Post by Rhea »

Oh, thank you, Mary and EnJae. I'll go and have a look at the packet and double-check whether it's seeds or leaves... I may have got it wrong about the seeds. Like you, Mary, I'm weaning myself off caffeine -- feel so much better when I'm not having it -- and rooibos has a nice smoky flavour that I like. But I'll make sure it's legit. Am double-checking everything at the moment as I had got depressed with the soy thing (am happy now I know what it was) and had got a bit careless... am getting back into good habits (and weight loss again I hope)!

Rhea
chelebellehawaii
New, but learning

Dear enjae......

Post by chelebellehawaii »

you seem  like a really nice person, have a nice day- love chele
Rhea

Post by Rhea »

Mary, you're right, of course -- my rooibos tea is made from leaves! Don't know how I got it into my head it was seeds, except that through the paper of the tea bag it looks so much as though they're seeds. I even cut open a tea-bag to make sure (paranoid, moi?). Thanks for your good advice, as always.

By the way, for anyone who wants to cut down on caffeine, this tea really is good, definitely my favourite of all the 'herbal' teas. The trick is to leave the bag in the cup for 3-4 minutes, to get the flavour nice and strong.

Rhea
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

WOW WOW WOW!!!! I am envious Little Mary! I collect greetings in other languages. You can actually SPEAK and write in another language. Do you know any others besides French, British English and American English?
BigBen

Post by BigBen »

I can speak deep south.  We say y'all have a nice day n bring us some tamale pie please you mighty fine friends I have grown to love.

Thx, BB
Rhea

Post by Rhea »

D'accord, Petite Marie... vous comprendez exactement...

Rhea
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

You guys are too much!!  Now I wish I'da studied harder in school...  oh, well, like Ben, I know how to speak a little "deep south"...  with John being from South Carolina, I think it's just osmosis!  LOL!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Is that like: "Y'all come back now, ya heer!".  We definitely want them to all come back to the LDL boards and meet us silly people.

My Amish grandmother used to tell us to "Red up the table".  She meant to clean it off.  Or another one was "outen the light".  Hadn't thought of that is years.

Y'all have a great day now, ya hear?

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

The only Spanish I remember from my high school classes (lo, those many years ago) is to ask someone to open awindow and to ask if they speak Spanish.  I guess it would be good to ask the last question first, huh?  And being from Kentucky, transplanted here from Illinois via California, I'm real good at the "ya'lls.  I agree with Ben, asking for the tamale pie is of paramount importance...you can hand it to me  through the open  window!!

Pat
Last edited by patsyfay on March 9th, 2007, 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

preachwife

Post by preachwife »

I heard Dr.Pericone on T.V. the other night and he said we need some black tea everyday with caffeine. He said that it is coffee that is super bad for us. I started drinking tea again.  He said it is good for your brain and metabolism. I had quit drinking caffeine also but he said a little is good for you. He is the doctor that is all about staying young and looking young.........................
I have never heard you guys talk about the distilled water. I have been drinking it for a long time now because Roger said too. I love it and am hooked on it but people think it is not good for me because it is striped of all the minerals. What do you guys think?

Preachwife
Rhea

Post by Rhea »

The reason I don't take caffeine is that I get migraines associated with it -- so, Perricone or not, I'm staying off it now I've finally tracked down the cause. Pity, cos I love the clean, clear 'high' that caffeine gives, especially when i've been off it for sometime -- oops, I'm sounding like a junkie... Well, I think I was a bit of a caffeine junkie, the number of cups of black tea and coffee i used to drink.

Regarding the water, i have a reverse osmosis system fitted to my kitchen cold water supply. I love it, though my daughters won't drink it when they visit and insist on ordinary tap water or Evian! The 'neutral' 'flavour' takes a bit of getting used to -- like with distilled water. I did consider getting a distiller, which I think produces water that's just as healthy, but in the end settled for the more labour-saving option. I think the reason some 'experts' don't like the use of distilled water is because the process takes out the minerals -- but I think there are plenty of other sources of these in a healthy diet. That's my two cents worth, anyway, hope it's helpful.

Rhea
preachwife

Post by preachwife »

I buy distilled water because it tase so good and refreshing and only costs .64 a gallon.....mineral drops can be added to distilled water but I haven't tried it yet.

peachwife