pepperoni?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
sb125

pepperoni?

Post by sb125 »

I know regular pepperoni would be a no no, but what about turkey pepperoni? 
Thanks in advance!  ;D
Thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph!!  2 Cor 2:14  (triumph over fat!)
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: pepperoni?

Post by patsyfay »

sb125,

Check the ingredients on your turkey pepperoni.  So many products like that have added sugars and they are full of preservatives and salt.  Somewhere on the site is a list of sugar substitutes.  I'll see if I can find it for you and post it.  God bless you.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

sb125

Post by sb125 »

I'll have to check the label when I get home!  By the way, on another post, you mentioned that you have fruit & beans in your smoothie, what kind of beans do you use?  Just curious??  ;D
Thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph!!  2 Cor 2:14  (triumph over fat!)
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

I use great northern, mostly.  They seem to be the most bland and don't overwhelm the other flavors.  They almost get lost in the other flavors, which is great. 

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

sb125

Post by sb125 »

I'll have to see if I'm brave enough to try it!  :D
What is your recipe for it?  You said fruit, pumpkin & beans.  What kind of fruit & do you put some kind of juice in it?  I am a smoothie nut!
Thanks!  Steph  ;D
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Steph,
My recipe is:
1 can of pumpkin
1 can of apricots, drained and rinsed
1 can of great northern beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup of fruit juice (pineapple, apple, etc.)
1 T. pumpkin pie spice
Dash of vanilla
Splenda to taste

Whirl it all up in the blender and enjoy.  I use a vitamix, which holds all the ingredients.  Use a blender and do 1/2 at a time if you don't have a vitamix.

I used to use soy milk instead of juice, but soy products are under investigation by LDLers to see if it causes stalls or gains.  I heat this up when I want a hot smoothie.  If you want a cold one. drain and rinse the fruit the night before and freeze.  You can freeze half the juice into cubes, as well.  You can tweak this anyway you choose.  It always turns out tasty.  One recipe usually makes 3-4 servings.  Keep left overs in fridge for a quick snack or a quick breakfast.  Hope this helps.

God bless.
Pat

sb125

Post by sb125 »

Thanks Pat for the recipe.
I will give it a try!  I really like pumpkin, but I've never tried it in a smoothie before! 
Have a great weekend!
Steph  :D
sb125

Post by sb125 »

Roger,
I was just thinking since these pepperoni are made from turkey that they might be ok, but I don't have the lable to look at, so they might have hidden no no's in them.  I can live with out them anyway!  ;D
I am so excited to get skinny & get healthy!!
Love your program & praising the Lord that He led me to it!
Blessings to you & the wonderful program you have here!
Steph  ;D