Just getting started

Please keep an eye out here for important website updates!
Chask

Just getting started

Post by Chask »

Hi All - I read LDL last week and started my journey yesterday.  I have 2 questions.   Does this really work?  And if so will someone support/coach me on my journey.  At 60 I am overweight and need to take control of my life.  With God's strength and your encouragement I hope to succeed.  This is going to be a difficult endever for me as I have always eaten a lot of meat.  
Charles
Coach7157
New, but learning

Re: Just getting started

Post by Coach7157 »

Hi Charles,

I'm pretty new myself but I can say that the program does work I've lost 4 pounds. Check the success stories they tell the story. I'm a huge meat eater myself. I have 3 grills and a smoker, and I buy a half steer and a hog every year. One of the things I like best about LDL is that you don't have to give up meat, you just have to be wiser about the cuts you choose, make sure you get the leanest possible cut. Mixing your ground sirloin with skinless ground turkey is another thing that helps and you won't taste the difference.
As for the pork I pretty much get my pleasure from seeing my friends and family enjoy what I grill and smoke for them.
Good luck with the program!

Coach
"There is no sleep more restful then that which takes place after the alarm has gone off"
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Charles,

Yes, this does really work.  All you have to do is eat until you are full...and eat until you are full...and eat until you are full...the allowable LDL foods...and an inner, thinner, skinnier, healthier you emerges from somewhere inside!  It is truly a miracle!  It doesn't matter your age, nor your previous dieting experience.  Just follow the plan (give to Roger by the Lord) and you will find yourself on a great journey to a healthier you.

Read the medical success stories too when you have a chance.  There are a number of postings there that should encourage you.  I just got my labs done again and am needing to get them "translated" so I can post progress again.

I do know that 77% of my blood glucose (sugar) readings were in the normal range with 23% being in the high.  That is far better than a few months ago.  Almost all of them (well, if not actually ALL) of them were HIGH!  I lost a sister to diabetic and heart related problems a couple of months ago.  So, I knew (and know) I must make some changes to my lifestyle.  This seems to fit the bill.  SO much so, that the doctor asked me the last time what I was doing.

Also, in the last six (6) months, my A1C readings have dropped from 6.9% to 5.9%.  It is NOW within range.  Also glucose readings were running in the high 150's for an average and are now down to 130's.  So those are coming down.  (Please remember...these are averages.)  I am currently getting some 100's to 120's, so it is dropping again.  Praise the Lord for that!

So, I vote for LDL and all it's benefits!  But, why would the Lord give us a plan that would NOT be good for us.  Nor one that does not work?  He loves us all entirely toooooo much!

Keep us posted with your results.  Ask any and all questions you may have come up.  We promise we will try to answer them.

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

Hi
  I am new to LDL also. I have been on plan for 1 week . Although I haven't lost any weight I feel better and have NO cravings.
  The Easter candy I bought for the kids baskets is in the cupboard and does not need to be supplimented this year.  :D
    I am 40 years old and need to lose about a 100 pounds, but will see where my body decides to settle.
G-d bless all.
                          Kris :)
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
Chask

Post by Chask »

Thanks all for your words of encouragement.  Just starting day 4 and am pleased.  I haven't had any real cravings yet so am thankful for that.  Last night I did feel hungry and grabbed some frozen grapes.  That seemed to hit the spot.  First big hurtle comes this weekend with Easter Dinner.  I am working on modifying the menu so there is enough for me to eat and still feel a part of the family.  The kids are very supportive.  Thanks again in Christian love.  Charles
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Welcome Kris & Charles to LDL and the lunch bunchers!  We are so glad you have found us.  Just keep eating until you are full all of the LDL allowable foods.  This program is really a good one.  You don't even feel like you are eating to lose weight since you have NO hunger pangs...but it does work!

Please STAY  OFF  THE  SCALES until you have been on the program awhile.  Then check to see how your clothes are fitting you before weighing.  You will begin to notice a difference there first.  On this plan we rely more on how our clothes are fitting rather than the scales.  One person said that scales are ONLY for fish!  Once a month is all that you need to weigh...and you DON'T have to even do that if you don't want to.

Chas, make alot of popcorn.  Flavor some of it with Cinnamon and Splenda,  some with olive oil and salt or garlic salt, or spray it with ICBINB spray and salt.  Fill up on popcorn.  That is what I do.

My breakfast this morning was: 2 tangerines...and...POPCORN!

Sue, age doesn't matter on this.  You should be able to lose weight on LDL.  Just keep on keeping on on LDL...and eat until you are fully satisfied...and NO LONGER hungry.  I know that is a hard concept when you have followed other concepts to lose weight and you ARE still hungry.

What happens as you are on LDL for awhile is you no longer eat as much food.  But at first it seems like you are eating TONS and TONS of food.  Trust me, your food intake quantity will diminish as you lose your cravings for all the bad things.

I have an underactive thyroid.  Also blood sugar levels that are a little high yet but are coming down, and had high cholesterol and triglyceride readings.  LDL has lowered all of the above numbers.  I also lost 31 pounds in two months.  With an underactive thyroid that is difficult at best to do. Those numbers have dropped substantially enough that my doctor asked me what I was doing.  So, it is making my body healthier.  At the present I have been on a plateau...but I can tell that my body is changing shape...and I think I have lost another pound or two, but it is NOT time to get on the SCALES!

I am beginning to find a...waist...where there was alot of waste!  Know what I mean?  SO, I know that things are changing for the better.

If you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask.  Someone will try to answer them for you.

Love,

Jeanne 
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Welcome Kris and Charles to our ever growing in numbers family of LDL! You'll find us to be a very loving and helpful crazy bunch of people. We love to just chit chat, give answers but best of all Support Each Other! Read your books at least 3 times as Roger recommends cuz you'll find many things you didn't catch the first time around.
Chask

Post by Chask »

Hi all - starting day 5
Jeanne - thanks for the popcorn tip.  Made a pan of cinnamon with splenda last night and it hit the spot.  Will be playing with some other spices since spicy would hit the spot during the day if I hit a hunger spot. 

Kris Good luck as you start.  I know I haven't had any cravings and I think my belt is overlapping a little more. 

I have finished LDL twice, however the third read will have to wait till I get it back.  My boss has borrowed it and another person talked to me about LDL and after our conversation she is going to go buy the book and start. 

I thank God for guiding me to this new place in my life.  The love and support you have all shown is phenomenal and for the first time in a long time I can see myself 100 lbs. thinner. 

Thank you all -  God Bless and Happy Easter

Charles
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

We all need to keep envisioning ourselves THIN!  That is where it starts!  It is like the carrot in front of the donkey...it keeps him going.  That is what we all need to do...is to keep that vision of us THIN in our minds eye.  It will help us to remember what our goal is.

Love,

Jeanne
Chask

Post by Chask »

After one week, I am so excited.  Yesterday getting ready for Church, I noticed my collar was not near as  tight.  Later I was able to get into a shirt which I had not been able to get on for the last year.  That gave me enough of a high to help me get through Easter Dinner with out much cheating.  (I did eat a deviled egg not LDL).  This morning I was able to put on a pair of jeans that I almost threw out 6 months ago. Thanks all for your support, thanks to Roger for sharing and Praise God giving him the inspiration.  A journey of 1000 begins with the first step.  On my goal to loose 100 pounds I have taken my first step.

Charles. 
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

How wonderful, Charles!!  And it's coincidental that you said that the journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step - that's the quote that I've had at the bottom of my profile since day one.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

CONGRATULATIONS, Charles!  We are so proud of you!  Didn't wearing the shirt and pants you were not able to wear earlier help your spirits to soar?  It sure makes one feel GRRRREAT!!!  Keep on keeping on...on LDL and you will keep shrinking and shrinking and shrinking!

Jeanne
Chask

Post by Chask »

Carolyn - Jeanne
Thanks for your continued support, and it does feel great to see the difference so fast.  It has strengthened my resolve to succeed.  Carolyn I had not noticed you used the 1000 mile journey phrase.  My father first told me that when I was young and said I couldn't do something.  I have learned that once I take the first step the journey wasn't as impossible as I first thought.  God bless all of you and again thanks for your encouragement.

Charles
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

As I say, if you are going to make a journey, you must first get started.  Either the first step, the first mile, or leaving the house.  Anything we do...we must start first in order to ever get there.  No one ever said life was easy.  But this is the best eating plan I have found.  NO hunger...lots of food.  What a way to go!!!
Jeanne