My Prayers Were Answered

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Race Fan

My Prayers Were Answered

Post by Race Fan »

Last year I prayed to the Lord for help with my weight problem.  Nothing worked and I was so depressed.  I believe he heard my prayers and sent me to Let's Do Lunch, Roger Troy Wilson and all of you wonderful supportive people here. 

I am two days shy of being on LDL for five months and have lost 51 pounds!  I am a new me ... physically and mentally.  Once your body and mind get into this new way of life, it's so easy (no measuring, calorie counting, portion control) and the results are unbelievable. 

For Easter I cooked all the fattening treats (along with the LDL legal foods), bought all of the candy, etc. and did not even think twice about eating it.  I must confess that I did have a glass of wine with dinner in celebration of Easter.

I have 29 pounds to go to be at the weight my Dr. thought would be good for me ... I thought lower but was pleasantly surprised at his suggestion.  He has already cut my blood pressure medicine in half and taken me off of the diuretic.  I will be going back in a few weeks to discuss the possibility of going off the blood pressure medicine.

Lately people have started to really notice the smaller me and I encourage anyone who wants to lose weight or even just get a healthier lifestyle to check out LDL and the boards.  (I'm starting to think I should buy some extra books and start handing them out!  I could just see me standing on the street corner preaching to anyone who would listen ... LOL)

Thank you Roger Troy Wilson and all of you wonderful people on the boards.  I have been so busy lately and not able to post much but you are all in my thoughts and my prayers each and every day.  Praise the Lord and God Bless you all!

Hugs,

Dawn

;)       

robnveronica
Master Member

Re: My Prayers Were Answered

Post by robnveronica »

Hey Dawn...You are doing SO GOOD!! We're all proud of you! Doesn't it feel good to know you're part of a big bunch of "Losers"! (LOL) We're so glad to hear how you're doing. Keep in touch as you can!
Veronica
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Dawn - that is AWESOME!!  You've done incredibly!  I am so happy for you and so proud of you!  Check in whenever you can - I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Race Fan

Post by Race Fan »

Hi Veronica & Carolyn:

Thanks for the words of encouragement.  Even though I have not been posting much, I have been keeping track of your successes too!  You both are truly an inspiration and real angels for encouraging others.  I wish that someday we could meet for lunch!  God Bless you both.

BIG HUGS!

Dawn
zNekita

Post by zNekita »

Dawn,

I know how you were feeling before you started LDL because I, too, felt that way. You are doing a great job! It sounds like you can see your goal ahead!

Keep up the GREAT work!

Sue B
But don't cry for me
'Cause I'm finally free
To run with the angels
On streets made of gold
To listen to stories of saints new and old
To worship our Maker
That's where I'll be
When you finally find me
                   Wish You Were Here - Mark Harris
Coach7157
New, but learning

Post by Coach7157 »

Congratulations Dawn, that's wonderful news! I'm sure you will hit goal before you know it!

Coach
"There is no sleep more restful then that which takes place after the alarm has gone off"
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Dawn this is fantastic news!  :)

You're just another living example of how LDL works!  Thank you for being an inspiration to me and others.  Keep up the great work chick! 

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by Chask »

Dawn
Congratulations, it is success stories that help keep those of us new to LDL motivated.  Keep up the good work and God Bless.

Charles
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Dawn,

God is so good to us!  He always answers our prayers.  Sometimes we think He has forgotten, but He does answer in His time.  We are so proud of you and your success!  I am thrilled that your blood pressure meds have been reduced.  I am hopeful that I will get to do the same thing when I return the end of the month for my appointment.

CONGRATULATIONS on your success, girl!  When we tell what has happened to us on LDL, it encourages all of us.  Some days are not as easy as others and we may need more encouragement today than yesterday.  Thanks for sharing with us!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Hey Dawn,
Im so proud of you for getting to goal!!!  I have always watched in amazement at how you took so easily to this plan as I have not been able to completely overcome emotional eating and it continues to be a problem sometimes.  I think the difference is the support of your family ( husband and kids) at home.  I know I can count on the support of my LDL family but here at home I have my emotional eating husband to contend with.  I have still managed to lose 30 lbs and keep it off and for that I am sooooo blessed.  Had I kept legal and not fooled around Im sure my other 40lbs would be gone like yours is!!!  If not for LDL Im sure my weight would be over 200lbs by now. 

If you have time I would love to see some daily menus posted from you.  Seeing how others eat on this plan always encourages me and inspires me to keep readymade LDL meals in my fridge and having variety keeps me from getting bored by eating the same stuff everyday.  I'm sure Im not the only one who would love to know what your favorite LDL dishes are and what we would find in your fridge on any given day.

Thanks for sticking around the boards here and being a great mentor to me and others on the boards too.  I would love to meet up with you in Naperville one day and "Do Lunch" sometime. 

Love and God Bless
Debbie
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Dawn,

I echo what Debbie has said... I love knowing what people are eating!  First of all it gives me new ideas - and secondly, I can judge what I'm eating.  I know that I eat LDL 99% of the time, but we're all so different - it's nice to see - sometimes I've looked at what others have posted and it's like a giant lightbulb comes on..... "Now why didn't I try that??"  LOL!!

Carolyn

Race Fan

Post by Race Fan »

Hi All!

Imagine my surprise when I saw my old post from 2007 back at the top!  Kind of fun to see I was down 51 pounds one year ago and now it's 75.  My mind always makes me think I am losing so Slowly.

I'm almost to the goal the Dr. has set ... 5 more pounds.  I thought 15 more but I think the Dr. is giving me some leaway since I'm 51 and never have been a thin person ... LOL.

Sorry I have been missing from the boards.  It has been a rough year for the family but God is good and has taken care of us through it all.   

Debbie and Carolyn ... so wonderful to hear from both of you!  You both look great in your pictures!  I hope you and your families are happy and healthy.

I must admit that sometimes the emotional eating frenzy hits me.  I would not recommend this but .... sometimes I eat raisins or some other fruit until I feel sick to my stomach.  It gets rid of the sugar craving and I really think twice about doing it again.

I don't have any special menu plans.  However, I do switch lunch to dinner because of my work schedule and cooking for my sweetheart.  Most days I have fresh fruit for breakfast; popcorn (almost everyday), salad or bean soup for lunch; and heavy protein, vegetables, beans, salad, etc. for dinner.  Favorite recipes are Taco Soup, Chicken with Artichokes and Mushrooms, and Bean Coleslaw.  For those sweet cravings at night I eat sugar-free Jello (the little snack ones ... 10 calories, I think) or raisins.  I think it has always helped that both my husband and I love vegetables and have plenty of them available at all time.

Please let me know your progress and what your favorite recipes are.  Any suggestions or help is always greatly appreciated!

To everyone here ... new and old ... thank you for your continued support and encouragement.  It is a long road we are all travelling together and the benefits of losing weight and gaining new friendships is the BEST part.

My love and hugs to you all!

God Bless,

Dawn

DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Dear Dawn,
Im so glad you are back posting.  Its so wonderful to hear from others who are at goal and maintaining their weight easily on LDL.  Im sure Roger, Jeanne, Niki, and Little Mary get weary from all the encouraging they have to do to keep the rest of us on track and motivated.  Its nice of you to step up and give them a break!!!! 

sometimes I eat raisins or some other fruit until I feel sick to my stomach

Thats a good idea.....I always forget about being able to eat raisins lol  My daughter was sniveling about being up 5 pounds from going to Paris for 10 days.  So I made her a big bowl of my frozen pineapple icecream to soothe her depression lol  Its nice to know that we can replace fattening snacks with healthy snacks to ward off an emotional eating attack.  I need to remind myself of that when Im sneaking an onion ring with ranch dressing.  Even when I think I havent made much progress I have to remind myself of all the things I no longer eat like bread, icecream, french fries, white rice, sugar, pasta, McDonalds, Taco Bell, peanut butter and the list goes on.  Obviously I have replaced many of my old favorites with new LDL favorites which are much healthier for me. 

Bean Coleslaw

Okay what is this?  I can't live without delettuced salad now but it might be nice to have an alternate in the fridge.  I searched it on the boards but came up with nothing.  Please share if you can!!!

Kind of fun to see I was down 51 pounds one year ago and now it's 75.

This statement is VERY ENCOURAGING TO ME.  To know that even after you lost 51 lbs and the losing slowed down you still managed to lose another 24 lbs.  If I lose 24 lbs this year I will be down 54lbs!!!!!!!  I really dont care how fast I lose as long as the yo-yoing has stopped and I eventually get there. 

I guess you could say some of us take the express train to skinnytown and others are taking the SCENIC ROUTE!!!!  But we are all ENJOYING OUR TIME TOGETHER and will all EVENTUALLY ARRIVE AT SKINNYTOWN/HEALTHYTOWN and get to stay there for the rest of our happy healthy lives!!!!

Dawn.....Also what race track do you and hubby go to?  Is it in Illinois?

Love and God Bless
Debbie
Last edited by DEBBIEWEBE on April 8th, 2008, 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

DEBBIEWEBE wrote:I guess you could say some of us take the express train to skinnytown and others are taking the SCENIC ROUTE!!!! 
Debbie

OK - I LOVE this statement!!

Carolyn

DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

OK - I LOVE this statement!!

Thats just cause youre sitting on the seat next to me on the scenic route lol 

Im just glad this train is still going forward and not backwards.  I am in such a groove right now that I cant see any other outcome then success!!!  And I believe you are right there with me Miss Carolyn.  We've fooled around long enough its time to reach our destination. 
Race Fan

Post by Race Fan »

The scenic route is nice and what a great view as we go!  Look at far we have all come and the best part is we are all going there together!

What is Bean Coleslaw ... it's the best!  From Page 141 in the book ...

1 pkg. (approx. 16 oz.) coleslaw washed
1/4 small red onion - sliced
1/3 cup fat free slaw dressing (Marzetti or Hidden Valley Ranch  Cole Slaw Dressing)
1 16 oz. can Pinto Beans - drained (Bush's)
1 16 oz. can Great Northern Beans - drained (Bush's)
1 15.5 oz. can Kidney Beans - drained (Bush's)
Celery Seeds to taste

Mix coleslaw, onion, and dressing together.  Add drained beans.  Season with celery seeds or your favorite seasonings.  Refrigerate several hours or overnight.

I always use the Marzetti because I think it is the best.  Tonight I made it using broccolislaw, dried onions, Marzetti, chickpeas and celery seed.  I am constantly trying different combinations of beans and sometimes no beans at all.  I never get tried of it because of all the different combinations I have tried.  Oh yes, I almost forgot ... I usually eat the coleslaw right after making it because I love the crunch of the fresh coleslaw.

Does anyone have any recipe suggestions they think I should try?  Please share.

Debbie ... We bracket race the Super Pro Class at Route 66 in Joliet and Byron Dragway in Byron.  We have a 1974 Buick Opel GT with a 355 Chevy Small Block and run low to mid 10s in the quarter mile.  Now that is probably more than you wanted to know ... LOL.

God Bless and Hugs All,

Dawn
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Race Fan wrote:
Debbie ... We bracket race the Super Pro Class at Route 66 in Joliet and Byron Dragway in Byron.  We have a 1974 Buick Opel GT with a 355 Chevy Small Block and run low to mid 10s in the quarter mile.  Now that is probably more than you wanted to know ... LOL.

Dawn - Its almost like what you said was in a foreign language!!  :D 

Carolyn

Race Fan

Post by Race Fan »

Hi Carolyn:

Drag Racing and Cars ... you either love it or leave it.  What can I say ... I'm hooked.  Keeps me out of trouble in the Summer and gets me out in the sunshine all weekend.

Hope all is going well with you!

Hugs,

Dawn
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Okay.....I tried the bean coleslaw tonight.....although it wasnt bad I defineately prefer the delettuced salad over this. 

Does anyone have any recipe suggestions they think I should try?  Please share

So since you asked I say make some delettuced salad next time lol  I like my version over Rogers but thats cause I put stuff I liked in it and took the sugar out.  I always cut up fresh cucumbers and vine rippened tomatoes to add to it each time I eat it but not into the refrigerated mix.  This stuff never goes to waste and I could eat it everyday.  This coleslaw I could not eat everyday.  I could eat the chickpea soup everyday though so if you havent tried that Dawn I recommend that too!!!!
Race Fan

Post by Race Fan »

Hi Debbie!

So sorry you did not like the bean coleslaw  :( ... guess that's why there are so many different recipes ... something for everyone's taste ;D ... so much for making suggestions.

Never tried the chickpea soup ... will find the recipe and try it.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Have a GREAT evening.

Hugs,

Dawn