white rice,brown ricw and wild rice

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
snowbirdie
Master Member

white rice,brown ricw and wild rice

Post by snowbirdie »

can some one tell me what is the difference between using brown rice and wild rice verses plain wild  rice? I have not been using any rice as I thought it was a no-no.  thanks      judie
Forever Young
Master Member

Re: white rice,brown ricw and wild rice

Post by Forever Young »

Judie,

Little Mary posted a "fake rice" on these recipe boards somewhere.  Why don't you type fake rice in the search engine and find it and try that?  I think brown rice and wild rice are either not approved, or approved only for occasion consumption.  I think it would be only an occasional treat if I were to eat it as it could create some cravings.  Maybe someone who has tried it can shed more light on the subject.

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi 
    No I am not wanting rice but I saw in different receipes that it contained wild rice and brown rice and wondered why we could use these as opposed to white.  Enquireing minds want to know!  lol  ha ha ha        judie
BradyBunchMom

Post by BradyBunchMom »

Just wanted to add my thumbs up to the fake rice.  We have used it instead of rice in a number of recipes and I serve it with chicken/beef stir fry all of the time.  My kids like it and, as we used to eat brown rice, they think they are privileged to be able to have white again (don't seem to care that it's not really rice).......absolutely amazes me ;D

Lovin LDL,
Julie (Thinking her future daughter-in-laws are going to be pretty confused someday when sons tell them to look for the "rice Mom makes" in the produce section  ;D)
Last edited by BradyBunchMom on April 13th, 2007, 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ila
New, but learning

Post by Ila »

Little Mary
Will you print your cauliflower rice instructions?  On the search I only found the comments about the white, brown and wild rice, but not how you do the fake rice.  I seem to have trouble finding recipes on the search since the system has been redone.
Thanks.
Ila
Ila
New, but learning

Post by Ila »

Thank you, Little Mary.  Sounds great, and I do like cauliflower and olive oil!  I'll give it a try.
Ila