At what weight do you start and how much did you lose in first month?

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
SteveKW
New, but learning

At what weight do you start and how much did you lose in first month?

Post by SteveKW »

All,

I am new here and if this information is somewhere else I am sorry for asking. I have read some great personal success stories on here and you all should be PROUD PROUD PROUD!!.

I keep seeing that people someone lost x the first month, at what weight did you start? It is a big difference if you start at 150 and lose 10# then if you start at 250 and lose 10#.

Thanks

Steve
Queenie
Administrator

Re: At what weight do you start and how much did you lose in first month?

Post by Queenie »

Hi Steve,

Yes, you're very right about the starting weight.  Some people have shared their beginning weight, some have not.  As you read through the old posts, you'll find discussions about this.  I'm going to see if I can find a link for you.  If I do, I'll edit this message and post it.

Carolyn

OK, I found the post I was thinking of - it's not quite what you were saying, but close.  Tom's response (the second post) is why we don't really do this here on the boards.

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/http://letsdolunch.com/boards2/viewtopic.php?p=6151#p6151

Carolyn
Last edited by Queenie on June 11th, 2007, 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
preachwife

Post by preachwife »

There was a BIG dipute over this months ago.  I am on your side beacause it does make a difference when a person needs to lose a lot.  When I was 60 lbs heavier 33 years ago, the first 40 lbs came off easy but after that it went slower. On this program I went from size 8 to 2-4's. It wasn't overnight, but I did what Roger says and didn't weigh  for 4 weeks. I probably lost about 5 pounds which is great when I didn't need to lose a lot. I didn't weigh again for another 4 weeks and probably only lost 2pds but my clothes were falling off !! I like to know how much people want to lose like you. When they say they have lost 13 or 14 pounds in 2 weeks they usually need to lose a lot and it could be misleading to someone with only 30 pds to lose.  I also would not pressure people to give that information, but do appreciate those that do. I am down to 130 pds and started at about 145. I have been on this since Aug 30,2006. I am at my goal and below my Weight Watchers goal. 
Last edited by preachwife on June 12th, 2007, 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

I started quite heavy (around 258 I think, I forget now!!) and have lost around 45 pounds total. I don' t recall how much I lost in 1st month (I would have posted under success stories) but since I had just over 130 pounds to lose and have lost 1/3 of that in 8 months, that's not bad!
Good luck to you Steve.
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Steve,

I just wanted to answer your post and let you know how one person *points to myself* began on this program.  When I first started my journey on losing weight I weighed 357 pounds.  Before I ever found LDL I had stopped eating all fast food and stopped drinking all soft drinks.  I lost 25 pounds just doing this.  Then, all weight loss stopped.  One day I found LDL and began this program.  I have now been on LDL for 8 1/2 months.  I've lost a total (including the first 25) of 74 pounds.  Some months I have lost six pounds, some months 2 and some months 9.  My AVERAGE weight loss on this program is 6.25 pounds per month. 

I believe that LDL is the answer for me.  My weight loss is not as fast as I would like it to be, BUT it's coming off steadily.  I have lost all of this weight without one single sit up or any form of exercise.  That is about to change though.  Not just because it's something I think will help me to lose faster, but MOSTLY....and PLEASE notice I said MOSTLY....because I am feeling so much better and have SOOOOO much more energy than I have ever had.  I actually WANT to exercise.  Is that scarey or what?  LOL

I don't know if this helps you or not, but I would like to say just one more thing to you.  Each and every one of us here is on our own journey of weight loss.  So please don't compare yourself to others here.  Your weight loss will be your weight loss and it will be YOUR victory that we will all be blessed to witness.  My prayer for you is that you will find your path to health and weight loss through LDL.  Everyone here is so loving and supportive.  You couldn't ask for a better group of human beans.  (Yeah I know it's beings but that's sort of a homage to nikki our bean queen.  haha) 

In any case......WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!!  *Hugs* 

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by SteveKW »

Thank you to all who answered me. This seems to be a great group and I look toward getting to know you. I weigh about 210# and need to lose 35. I will let everyone know how it goes.

Best always

Steve
graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

Hi Steve
            My story is a little different, my highest weight was 292 then I started having babies. While most women gain ,I lost. After 5 years and 3 babies I was down to 256 but could not lose anymore, and while I love my kids at 40 enough is enough. lol. So on March 28 of this year I started LDL and now I am at 235 as of this morning. I hope this helps.
                                  Kris  :)
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
Bkkr123

Post by Bkkr123 »

I am a 68yr old female and started 3 weeks ago at 268 lbs.  I weighed yesterday, (3 wk anniversary) and was 257 lbs!!!!  That is 11 lbs !!!

I know I will never be "small" but I can be smaller.....  My granddaughter told me about this and I sent for the book.  I love the plan.  It is NOT a diet to me, it is an food plan.  I stopped cooking and my husband and I ate out a lot.  Now we go out once a week !!!  I love planning our meals and although he doesn't "need" to follow me, he eats almost like me every day.

I did not feel well for a long time. I had no energy and now I have much more energy and I feel well and happier inside.

Thanks, thanks, thanks LDL...
Nancy in FLImage
preachwife

Post by preachwife »

Thanks everyone for responding to steve's question.  I enjoyed hearing the results from you myself. I think it does help to hear the starting wieghts to know how we are doing. I agree it is up to each person to make that decision, although it should be easy knowing we  will probably never get to meet you anyway.
SteveKW
New, but learning

Post by SteveKW »

Mary,

Thanks for the note and I wish the "KW" stood for something besides my middle and last name. I try and keep it simple so I figured if I use my name as a screen name I would not forget what it is. I did some business down in KW in the 90's I was involved with Mel Fisher.

OK My day one how did I do?
Breakfast Egg beater things-no fat cheese-refied beans no fat-bit of corn
Lunch chicken breast (no skin etc.)-greens-peas n' onoins- walden farms thousand island dressing-blueberries-oranges
Snack popcorn 94% etc.
Dinner can of baked beans (reduced sugar) bag of mixed veggies-fruit salad (home made)
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Stevekw,

I would only question two items...1) the reduced sugar baked beans.  Since we are trying to AVOID all SUGAR I am wondering what those beans were sweetened with...sugar hides under many, many different names.  By the way, there is a recipe on the boards for LDL baked beans.  Perhaps you could try those.  We did and they are delicious!

The second item is the salad dressing.  I am not personally familiar with it.  Does it have sugar in it?  Did you do the "fork dip" as Roger suggests or put it on your salad?  I personally do not use much dressing at all...probably a teaspoon or less.  The trick of the "Fork dip" is that you can taste the dressing with every bite and not use very much dressing at all.  So it saves you many, many calories.  My DH always DROWNS his poor salad with the dressing.  I always tell him he eats a little salad with his dressing.  He has tried the fork dip and he agrees that it is sufficient.

You did Excellent with all your other choices.  CORN is a FREEBIE so use it generously.  You can even add it to your salad.  As well as drained BEANS, and PEAS.

When we have soup, I even add POPPED popcorn to it instead of crackers.  It does the trick.

Keep on keeping on...on LDL...and there will soon be....LESS...and LESS...and LESS or you!

Love,

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
SteveKW
New, but learning

Post by SteveKW »

Thank you for the note.

The beans were B&M Baked Bean "no sugar added" I believe they had 2g s per serving. The salad dressing was http://www.waldenfarms.com/store.htm you should check them out. CALORIE FREE - NO CARBS - SUGAR FREE - FAT FREE - GLUTEN FREE and they taste pretty good for what is basically flavored water. They are in the refigrated section of the produce section, right near the Maries and those dressings. I put a dollop of dressing on then shake it up.

Steve
SteveKW
New, but learning

Post by SteveKW »

I just remembered it had Splenda in it as a sweetner. Last night was the first time I had seen Baked Beans with no sugar added. They tasted ok as well. Something I can live with if given the blessing.

Steve
SteveKW
New, but learning

Post by SteveKW »

Mary,

I was more involved on the biz side of things (though I have dived on the site ad did find a emerald) . Someone had to sell and market the stuff.

Steve
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Everyone.  JUST a REMINDER...Please, please, please be sure to read the INGREDIENT LABELS on everything you buy...they sure hide [glow=red,2,300]sugar[/glow] in all its forms in stuff where you would NOT think to look for it...including BEANS!  So, read, read, read!!!

We were certainly surprised when we found it in beans.  Ingredients were: Beans, water, sugar, and salt!  What a low blow!!!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
SteveKW
New, but learning

Post by SteveKW »

Jeanne,

If the label list says "sugar" how are they hiding it? It would be hiding if the label list said "beans, water, five letter word of a sweetener, salt, spices". Now thats hiding.  Hiding the ingredient by putting it on the label is like a elephant hiding in a zebras cage by painting strips on it.

Steve
;)
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Stevekw,

Yes, that was a stupid blunder on my part.  ??? It wasn't hidden in that listing.  But, check all the stuff that you buy.  Sometimes they don't call it sugar.  It has many many many other names.  That is what I meant by hiding it in the ingredient list.  It is called High fructose corn syrup, maltodextrin, etc.  There is a post on the board with the listing of alot of the names they hide call sugar.  Sorry to have not clarified myself.  ::) I just know that we were so surprised to find that they had use SUGAR in beans.  They don't need any sugar...but they do need some spices to to flavor them.

Sorry!

Jeanne