Just starting up today, got two questions, so far.....

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
marfra1

Just starting up today, got two questions, so far.....

Post by marfra1 »

When you say pocorn, what popcorn do you use? Plain right?...And can you do the diet when the big meal is pretty much always going to be at dinner....work schedule does not allow for the time and enjoyment of that being my BIG MEAL of the day
Forever Young
Master Member

Re: Just starting up today, got two questions, so far.....

Post by Forever Young »

I have to eat my main meal at night weekdays as I also work.  LDL has worked well for me.  I am still losing weight.  Mary is right, try to eat it as soon as you can in the evening so you aren't going to bed with a full stomach!

If you need to microwave popcorn, get the 94% fat free ones.  BE SURE YOU READ THE LABELS...not just on popcorn...but on everything!

If you have further questions, please ask.  We will all try to help you along the road to VICTORY through LDL.  Keep on keeping on...on LDL!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Hi...Welcome to LDL! 

We go through a lot of popcorn at my house so i have started buying popcorn by the bulk at the organic market.  It's less expensive.

i use air popper and spray a little olive oil on the bottom and sides of bowl the popcorn will fall into during popping.  then i sprinkle with salt as it comes out.  Then another spritz or 4 of olive oil on top....Yuummmy.  i have been trying to reduce the amount of olive oil on my popcorn, but for now i want it and i think it'll be alright cause it's a gigonda bowl of popcorn and i share it with hubby...anyway, i hope it'll be okay...my monthly weigh-in is on Monday.... :-\  I look forward to that because my rings are turning almost freely on my fingers and this during a heat wave!!

God bless and again, welcome!

margo
marfra1

Post by marfra1 »

Thanks to everyone for the help...I do have the book, I guess I wanted to get to the end of the story before reading the whole thing, OOPS..I promise I'll go back to the book!!
God Bless to all
Mary-Frances
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Mary-Frances....welcome aboard LDL. You're no different than the rest of us! We all want results NOW and don't want to have to do what it takes to do things slowly. I eat my main meal frequently at dinner as I work in a hospital and have hubby and 3 kids at home that Don't do LDL (Hubby should but that's another story!) I just have them leave the bad stuff off my plate, but eat whatever else has been cooked. (I have strange little monsters instead of kids...they actually LOVE fruit and VEGGIES!) So, meat, veggies and a salad are frequently on the menu at dinner time.  If I'm still hungy will pop up some popcorn and put splenda/cinnamon mixture into kettle while popping (kinda like kettle corn but better for you). IF you can, buy fruit in bulk and freeze on a cookie sheet and put into ziplock bags in your freezer (cheaper than buying already frozen). And one of the biggest things everyone says on here is PLAN AHEAD and check the ingredients on everythign and you'll be just fine. Welcome aboard!
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Mary-Frances,

Please read the diet portion of the book at least three (3) times (Per Roger) to make sure you glean all the information that he has in there.  It is by far a different concept that what you have probably EVER heard...and it takes that many times for us to retrain our brains to THINK in LDL terms.

LDL is a wonderful eating plan.  One of the first things you should notice is that you will begin to FEEL so much better...physically and mentally.  You will feel more alert mentally.  Actually, your body will probably let you know when you have strayed from LDL foods as IT knows the difference.  Hubby found that out the hard way.  He went off LDL and then a couple of days ago he started LDL again...and he stated that he could hardly believe the difference in HOW he felt physically.

LDL does require you to THINK and plan AHEAD.  Since there are no LDL restaurants, nor pre-packaged foods, you have to stay alert to eating out or fixing meals at home.  It is part of RETRAINING your BRAIN to THINK in LDL terms!  There are lots of GREAT recipes on the boards, and maybe you will come up with some of your own.  If so, we would love for you to share them with us!

If you have more questions, please ask...we promise we will answer the best we can.  And remember...keep on keeping on by eating your BEANS, PEAS, CORN, CORN-ON-THE-COB, and POPCORN...and anything else that is LDL Allowable! 

Be sure you eat until you are FULL!  (How great is that?)

Love,

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
marfra1

Post by marfra1 »

I just wanted to say I am dumb founded by the response to my question...I just want to thank you all again...Your kindness is very much appreciated and certainly will make this process of changing my eating habbits go alot easier...
My best to all

God Bless
MaryFrances
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

I think as your body becomes more adjusted to LDL and the foods, your body will automatically cut back on the quantity of food that you eat.  You will find that it is more and more satisfied with less and less food.  That is one of the reasons that LDL works.  Our bodies get the protein, carbs, fiber, and other nutrients that it NEEDS to work great...without all the things that can cause cravings and weight loss, and the yo-yo dieting.

When I explained the eating plan to my dietician, she was the MOST concerned about me NOT getting ENOUGH...FAT...Olive oil.  She suggested that I add a fried in Olive oil egg or two each morning.  How many times have you heard a dietician say they were afraid you weren't getting ENOUGH FAT.

Enjoy LDL and ALL the foods!  Veronica told you about the splenda-cinnamon mixture for your POPCORN...and it is good that way too!

Remember...BEANS, PEAS, CORN, Corn-on-the cob, POPCORN, FRUIT, VEGGIES...are all our friends!

Jeanne