Lost 20 pounds in 14 weeks

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
aeg

Lost 20 pounds in 14 weeks

Post by aeg »

I discovered LDL (Let’s Do Lunch) while watching Babbie Mason on TBN, Roger was her guest.  I am so happy now, I've been following Roger's plan since April 9 and as of this morning (July 16), I have lost 20 pounds. I’m craving nothing and eating all I want of the LDL foods (that means zero sweets and zero breads- hallelujah). It is so amazing to watch friends and family eat anything they want and not have to join in. I don’t even give in to birthday cake. This is the first diet (change of lifestyle) I’ve ever been on where I didn’t want to cheat at Church functions and birthday parties. I have to admit this way of eating is especially easy for me because I love eating lots of plain food, nothing fancy.  I've always had a longing for food that I could eat as much as I wanted without gaining weight. Just goes to show you that if you delight in the Lord, He will give you the desires of your heart (Psalms 37:4-5). I’m as happy as I can be eating watermelon or frozen grapes for breakfast and dinner. I take frozen corn and Tyson frozen grilled chicken strips with me to work for lunch almost everyday, and I love it. When I first started I also kept a stock of 98% fat free microwave popcorn, baked Tostitos, and raisins in my car for those weak moments when I would be temped to raid desktop candy dishes at work or go to a drive-thru. Now whenever someone tells me that they can tell I’m really loosing a lot of weight or that my pants are getting baggy I raise my hands to heaven and say HALLELUJAH – PRAISE THE LORD.
margo
Master Member

Re: Lost 20 pounds in 14 weeks

Post by margo »

Wonderful!  Congratulations on your success in changing the way you look at food and for your weight loss.  Our Lord is FULL OF WONDER!  LDL is a true miracle!  I'm so grateful that the Lord led me to it and i thank Him for it every single day!

Let's keep on keeping on....i thought that was a little corny (pardon the pun) but it really is true....with LDL we just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other and eat our LDL foods and like a miracle, our food obsessions for BAD food just melt away and disappear!

Thanks to Roger Troy also for sharing his great secret discovery with all of us!  May the word go wide across the whole world!! 

(i've got to seriously consider owning some part of a corn company....corn and beans and peas...oh my!) ;D

God Bless!
margo
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

WOW!  CONGRATULATIONS!!!  What an inspiration you are to the rest of us!  We all know that LDL works.  It is truly a wonderful eating plan...and one that you can stay on for the rest of your life.  We have been truly blessed with this wonderful, heavenly, eating plan.  Isn't it great to be able to EAT all we want of the LDL foods and still have the added benefit of...losing weight!  I have told alot of people about LDL and they always say, "BUT, I can't give up my...whatever".  I say, try it...you might just like how it makes you feel so much better physically.  So, I just say, well, you should try it...you just might like it!

Glad to know you are a part of the LDL lunch bunch!  Yes, perhaps we should ALL own some part of CORN, BEANS, or PEAS.  We would be supporting ourselves in more ways than one.

Meanwhile, keep on keeping on...on LDL...and eating our CORN, PEAS, BEANS, CORN-ON-THE-COB, and POPCORN...and we will all get...thinner...and thinner...and thinner...and be at our goals.

Love,

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
cm in tn

Post by cm in tn »

AEG,
  tHATS WONDERFUL YOU SHOULD BE VERY PROUD OF YOURSELF.
I KNOW THIS IS A GREAT PLAN EASY TO FOLLOW YOU CAN EAT OUT AND STAY ON LDL PLAN.NOT ONLY ARE YOU GETTING THINNER BUT HEY YOUR SELF ESTEEM HAS TO BE SHINING WE ALL FEEL GOOD WHEN WE STICK TO THE PLAN AND GET RESULTS.SO CONTINUE YOUR COURSE AND PRAISE GOD FROM WHO ALL BLESSING FLOW.KEEP US POSTED AS YOU CHUG ALONG SO VERY PROUD OF YOU EAT BEANS AND MORE BEANS. I TO LOVE PLANE OLD SOUTHERN FOOD NO FRILLS!                     
                                              GOD BLESS
                                          CM IN TN
I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHICH STRENGTHENETH ME : PHILIPPIANS 4:13
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

aeg, I loved reading your testimony.  Can you tell me more about taking frozen corn to work?  Do you cook it there or do you just eat it thawed......that's what I have done with frozen peas.
Congratulations on your success!
mrsj
aeg

Post by aeg »

I go to Sam’s Club once a week and buy a 5 pound bag of frozen sweet corn and a 3 pound bag of Tyson Grilled Chicken Strips. Each morning before work I just grab a zip lock bag and throw in some corn and chicken, I put it the fridge at work and when I get ready to eat, I pour it in a plate and microwave for 3-4 minutes with a tad of water to keep it from getting dry. Some times I add or substitute with green beans. Before LDL I would keep diet bars in my car to eat. I stay very busy at work (for 8 years I’ve been on salary as Director of Technology for a company managing 12 condos, 2 hotels and several of those buildings also have restaurants where I maintain all their technical equipment, so taking a full lunch breaks means it will be later for me to leave at the end of the day with no overtime pay) also I don’t like to take time to prepare lunch or wait in a restaurant or drive thru. I did finally get an assistant; I think I would have lost 40 pounds in the last 4 months without his help running all over the place.
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

WOW, AEG!  You certainly are busy!!!  You should be experiencing some extra energy by now too!  Know that will help you keep going.

Keep on keeping on...on LDL.  You will get to your goal.

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Bkkr123

Post by Bkkr123 »

aeg:  I too, love those baggy pants.!!!!!  Every time I put something on that I have not worn for a while and it hangs on me....Thank the Lord!!!!
I have now, gotten into clothes I grew OUT of!!
Nancy
Nancy in FLImage
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Me too!  I love Once TOOOO tight...don't even think about wearing it... and now BAGGY clothes!  Just proves that LDL WORKS!!!  Someone said you can't eat all that and lose weight.  Just watch and see...LDL...WORKS!

Jeanne