Late 60's and Losing !!!!!!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Bkkr123

Late 60's and Losing !!!!!!

Post by Bkkr123 »

On May 21st I started LDL and as of July 30th I have lost 23 lbs. !!!!  It seemed easy because I am a sugar addict and I can get my "fixes" with fruit...
I have found it fun to eat out.  I change the menus!!!  haha
I feel so much better and I am happier than I have been in 4 years-----since I lost my eldest son. I turned to food in my sorrow.  Our lives changed drastically and I could not handle my life.  Even with meds, I still ate and cried.  I even stopped painting--the joy of my life (besides my family).
Now I feel like painting again and I love my life!!!!  I miss my son but I know I will see him again.  I must continue on LDL and LIVE again!!

Nancy
Nancy in FLImage
Forever Young
Master Member

Re: Late 60's and Losing !!!!!!

Post by Forever Young »

Nancy,

Alot of us turned to food when there were things in our lives that we could NOT handle.  But...PRAISE the LORD for LDL!!!  I just thought of a new one for LDL  ~  Love 'DA Lean  and that is what we will be is lean by eating LDL foods!

But, with LDL lots of things change.  Even mentally I feel much more alert now than pre-LDL.  I have so much more enthusiasm now than I did.  It was difficult for me to go to work and answer the phone for 8 hours a day and be KIND to all who called.  Most of it was from the foods I was eating that were poisoning my body.  The more I ate of it...the more I craved those same things.  We can now look at Pizza ads on the TV and not think we have to go get one.  I usually think about how "HEAVY" I would feel after eating it...and I am turned off.  Now, I want you to know...I LOVED PIZZA.  I made a GOOD homemade (including the crust) one.  It was so loaded with stuff that you had to eat it with a fork.

So, changing our eating style really does work.  It doesn't always happen overnight...sometimes it takes longer to retrain our brains and bodies.  I know I get to craving CORN and Green PEAS..to anyone who is NOT an LDLer that sounds absurd...but we LDLers KNOW what is happening.  Our bodies are craving the GOOD carbs.  So very thankful for the change in all of us.

God is really good to us all!

I know everyone finds it hard on vacation to control what/where you eat.  If you visit family/friends everyone has their favorite things/places to go/do.  So you just do the best you can with what you have to do it with...and jump right back on LDL as soon as you get back home. 

Keep on keeping on...on LDL...and we WILL get to SKINNY TOWN...our goal here on this earth!

Love,

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
CJ

Post by CJ »

Nancy,

Congratulations on your success. Your son is watching over you with tears of pride and happiness for you. Now he can consentrate on the work of an angel. I bet he is also waiting for you to finish a complete painting. 

Have a blessed week!
Carla
Bkkr123

Post by Bkkr123 »

Thanks, all of you.

I'd like to introduce my son, Mike, to you (briefly).  On June 20th 2003, Mike (46 yrs) (and my eldest of 3 sons) was arc welding under a piece of machinery at work when a storm came up, their roof leaked and my son was electrocuted.  Sat, Aug 4th was his 51st BD.  Thank you for allowing me to say that. It helped me and now I will go eat grapes!!!!!!

By the way, I love the way everyone is so thankful to God.  It is a blessing to find somewhere in cyberspace where people believe in God and aren't afraid to say so.
If God hadn't been in the picture I would have never survived the past four years. Praise be to God......AND thanks for LDL.

Nancy
Nancy in FLImage
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

nancy...i can't even begin to process your suffering....praise God...He has seen you through and will continue until we are ALL in our glorified bodies with our Savior in a place where the Living God is our light and there will be NO more tears or heartaches.......maranatha 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
tnlady

Re: My Cup Runneth Over With Gratitude

Post by tnlady »

Hi one & all.
Just had to jump in & tell you how  LDL has changed my life.
This time last yr. I couldn't walk a block without EXtreme pain & we had considered getting me a scooter & trying to have our old house made handi-cap accessible with larger doors & a bigger bathroom,but it was just too EXpensive,as we only have  my husband's Soc.Sec. & a small pension,that we'll soon lose,plus our Ins. due to the Co. he worked at for 34 yrs. filing Bankruptcy.
One day during a trip to our Local Library,I saw this book & since I saw Roger's pic.on the front,I read a little bit  & it didn't mention diet,so I thought I would check-it out & am I glad I did.
This was on Feb.2,2007 & I weighed 203 lbs. & wore a size  1X clothes.
I stand just barely 5 ft. tall,but was big all over & just didn't realize the harm to my body,until I had a knee replaced & developed Congestive Hear Failure at 59.
Today is Aug.10,2007 & I weigh 157 lbs. & wear a 10-12 med clothes & 1/2 size smaller shoe,a size 6. (yes,you do lose weight in your feet)
I will be 62 yrs. young on Monday the 13th & have to argue with the sales clerks to get my Sr.Discounts.
I now look 15 yrs. younger & this is the Gospel truth,I hear it everywhere we go.
When I get out my Driver's License to show my ID,no one believes it's me.
I am able to do things that I hadn't done in 10 yrs. & didn't think I ever would again.
I live,breathe & eat LDL & have given talks at our Sr.Center,entered a paegant & have made converts at the Grocery Store where I shop.
Our 3 middle-age children & 6 grands are  thrilled to see the new me,as I had just about become a recluse & used any EXcuse to stay home & not participate in anything that made me walk (so that was almost everything) I no longer use a rider to shop at Walmart or anywhere else & walk about 10 miles a week & my legs no longer swell,which was EXtremely painful.
My DR. has also been very pleased with me,although my medical conditions are here to stay & he just wants me to keep on keeping on & doing what I've been doing.
In my case,I have given up wine,red meats,anything white & all sweets EXcept fruit & have had no cravings,absolutely none.
My best friend & I will be marrried 45 yrs. in Mar.'08,since we were 17 & 19 and our lives have certainly changed dramatically  & we are truly Blessed.
I just want to personally Thank you Roger,for writing the "Let's Do Lunch" book,you have been the answer to many,many  prayers & I consider it an honor to be on this board &  among so many sucess stories.
Prayers to all,
Dianne from Tennessee
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

hi dianne..i am so blessed to hear all that let's do lunch has done for you........you've lost almost 50 pounds and have drastically altered the quality of your life.......
  have a VERY happy birthday and keep up the good work....and don't be a stranger.........sincerely,niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
tnlady

Post by tnlady »

Hi Nancy,
I just wanted to let you know that your post indeed touched me as well.
I lost my only sister at 36 to Ovarian cancer,this was in 90 & not a day goes by that I don;t think of her & wish I could pick up the phone & give her a call.
Since Homer & I are in our 60's,we have lost both our parents & many dear friends,but am unable to imagine losing a child.
Our youngest granddaughter who will be 10 in Oct.was diagnosed with a frontal lobe brain tumor last yr. & the surgeon,who operated on her thought he was able to get it all,even though they  said it was the size of a very large lemon.
He did a very skillful job & although she was in the PICU for a week,woke up just fine &
suffered no ill effects,malformations,speech or language impairment & did not have chemo,although
She is now on anti-seizure medication & several others meds & will be for life.
She was a very active child & had wanted to be a gymnast or cheerleader & all the things,little girls want to be,but since she is now unable to be that rambunctious & has to be monitored closely & has to wear a head gear just to go to school,she has developed a real creative streak & loves to paint & draw.
however,Just this past Wed. she went for her 6 mo. Opthamologist visit & her left eye had worsened & now they are taking her to the Children's Hosp. in Chicago on the 14th for a MRI intraveneous scan to see if the cancer has possibly returned. It is the kind that grows fingers & mainly only young adults get it,it's very rare in a small child,so we are praying it is only scar tissue or some other abnormality that can be resolved with haste & she doesn't have to have more surgery & can go to school.
School starts the 21st. & she just prays to be like a normal child & see her friends.
She's wise beyond her yrs. & knows what the MRI means.
Our daughter gave up her career,home-schooled her most of last yr. & went to school with her 4 hrs. a day,when she was finally able to return. This coming yr.she has taken  a position at the school as a volunteer in a reading program,just to be able to keep an eye on her & all this while going thru a bitter divorce.
We truly believe Avery has been God's gift to us, as she's not only a beautiful child,but beautiful inside,where it counts & is loved by everyone that meets her.
She's not our child,but I'm not sure that you don't love your grandchildren every bit as much or more.
Please say a prayer for Avery Jayne & I'll let you know about her,just as soon as we hear Wed.
And,yes,you will be united with your precious son again,I know I'll be with all my loved ones someday & have my many memories to sustain me until then.
Again, Thank you for letting me be a part of this Community & I  will try to be a good & faithful contributor.
Dianne from Tn.
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

dianne..i am so often, so overwhelmed by the burdens that other christians carry....i will be praying for your precious grandaughter....in Him............niki
tnlady

Post by tnlady »

Thank you Niki for your kind posts & your Prayers will certainly be welcome for Avery.
And yes,LDL has definitely changed mine & hubby's life.
We get out & do things together again now & I can't wait to see whart each new day brings,instead of hiding away,it's like getting a second chance at life.
I love checking out all the recipes on the boards too, but mostly stick to the ones we like in the book.
God Bless,
Dianne from Tn.
Bkkr123

Post by Bkkr123 »

Dianne:

Thank you soooo much for your story.  I am so hopeful.  I am 5'2" tall and weighed 286 when I started. I now weigh 245 and already feel much better.  I am more active (not 10 miles) but I can walk the mall, the grocery, Sam's club and around the park when we go camping.  I can also get up the steps of the camper without help.. That is a milestone for me.  I know I have a lot more to lose but I take it day by day, grape by grape !!!!!

We too, have a youngest grandchild (boy, Cody) who will be 10 on Sept 2nd. He was born with a congenital heart defect. He had three open heart surgeries by his third birthday.  He is due for another soon.  They are waiting as long as they can because they will replace the valve.  The longer he can wait, the less surgeries he will have before they replace with an adult valve.  You would never know it.  He is a bundle of energy and takes his med. by himself.

I thank God every day for my blessings, I have a  lot, I think.  I also thank my granddaughter for telling me about LDL. This, indeed, is a blessing.

My prayers for you family and all my new friends at LDL.

Nancy
Nancy in FLImage
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Every single day i thank our Lord for allowing me to have both my parents in very good health at my age (i'm 53).  i feel so blessed.  I lost my grandparents, but i still have my parents near by and see the often and speak with them every day at least once... And of course i have my darling husband. 

My prayers are with all of you who are facing health challenges -- and my prayers are also for myself begging my Lord to let me be strong in faith in God's plan and tons of when i have to face these types of challenges. 

God bless..
margo
Newlifer

Post by Newlifer »

Nice to hear a new voice on the boards...Would you mind telling us what your average eating day looks like? You have had such success and  I am always interested about your tips and what worked for you... I have went from a size 10 down to 2-4's. This way of eating really works...I enjoy hearing from people that have  made it!  It really helps those still on the journey...(I will always be on the journey)

Thanks
cm in tn

Post by cm in tn »

Hello Dianne'
Your post has brought tears to my eyes. Will add you to my pray list. We all have things in our life that we have to deal with. I know first hand I lost my dear husband of 34 yrs to lumekia he will be gone 3 yrs this oct.I have my wonderful children and grandchildren. that help me every day.You never know what road we have to travel but with god by our side we will make it.Way to go girl thats wonderful you should be very proud of your self. I have lost 30 pds from size 16 to 10 i love it i said self it wasn't hard to do and it didn't seem like it took that long,but i have been slack on ldl and will get back on daily can you believe how much better you feel? I've not gain weight but i do think i have gained a few inches back in mid section my spare tire is inflated and ready to roll lol.Dianne i see your from tn gee so am i if you don't care can you tell me where in tn your at. It's great to see some one
else from these hills lol!Write when you can, praying for you and your loved ones.                            GOD BLESS
                                          CM IN TN
I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHICH STRENGTHENETH ME : PHILIPPIANS 4:13
Bkkr123

Post by Bkkr123 »

Today was my weigh day...(I just came back to town from 10 days away.)  AND..... I lost another 2 lbs.  A grand total so far of 25 lbs in 3 mos.  We were camping and I put the Bean Medley in the crockpot.  We all loved it.  It has been suggested that I make it again very soon.  I was true to LDL all the time but I was not as active as I have been.  My in-laws put out plates of grapes and cherries to snack on..(instead of cheese and crackers) and you should have seen how the little ones gathered at those plates, too. Much better than kiddy junk food.

After all the fuss about the Corn Thins, I found that I much prefer the Rye Thin Bread.  It is great with chicken or tuna salad.

I found shorts at the bottom of the drawer that I grew out of and NOW they fit like a skirts... Praise the Lord  ans LDL.

Nancy
Nancy in FLImage
Bkkr123

Post by Bkkr123 »

Just HAD to post this.... My hubby and I took our daughter-in-law (wife of my late son) and her new huband to dinner for their 1st anniversary tonight.  We had not seen them for a few months.  Doreen hugged me and held me away from her. She said I looked different.  She said that my face was thinner, as was as my body and she saw a sparkle in my eyes that had not been there for years (since my son's death).
I told her I am on LDL (her eldest daughter told me about LDL) and I love it.  I told her that I feel so much better now.

My husband tells me almost every day that I am looking  so much better and he eats LDL with me.  But having someone else notice, and right away, put me on top of the world !!!!  We sat down and I proceeded to rearrange the menu..ha ha
Nancy in FLImage