Hi Everyone, I'm new!!

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
michalle120
New, but learning

Hi Everyone, I'm new!!

Post by michalle120 »

Hello Everyone!  I would like to introduce myself!  My name is Michalle!  I am new to this diet and this website, but (of course) not new to dieting!  The most recent diet I have been on is Kimkins and before that Medifast.  Both of these are extreme diets and I would do well for awhile and then fall away!  I have managed to keep off most of the weight I've lost from them, but I am so tired of the struggle! 

The last few weeks I've really been praying and asking God to help me find the diet or Way Of Eating that is best for me!  I feel like the Lord led me to this website!  As soon as I started reading just a little about Let's Do Lunch and how it is perectly balanced, I had a quickening from the Lord and I just KNEW I had found my answer!  I do best if I stay with a higher protein, lower carb diet, but I can't handle the extremes, so if I am understanding everything correctly, I am in the right place at the right time!  I ordered the book this afternoon and can't wait to get it! 

I do have two questions . . . 1, About how long will it take for me to get the book?  I ordered it from this website.  2, Is there some information here that I can read to get started in this new WOE before I get the book?  I've looked around the message boards for a little while, but can't really find anything.  If someone could point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it! 

From what I've read, it seems like everyone is very supportive and I already feel at home!

I look forward to getting to know all of you!!  Have a great night!

Thank you and God Bless!!!  :)
:) Michalle :)  Matt. 21:22, And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.

Image  Highest weight: 224
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: Hi Everyone, I'm new!!

Post by patsyfay »

Hi, Michelle,

Until you get your book, this is what I would do:

Breakfast:  Eat all the fresh fruit you want.  Make fruit smoothies, fruit salad or just eat bananas, melons, grapes, apples, peaches, pears, plums, etc.  Eat until  you are satisfied.

Lunch:  This is where you eat your protein.  Have steak and salad.  Or grilled sirloin and grilled veggies (no potatoes).  Have some fresh corn on the cob.  Cook up some chicken on the grill or in the oven.  Make some fresh vegetable soup and add some canned, drained, rinsed beans.  Make a pot of Chili using ground sirloin, pinto or kidney beans, green and red pepper, onions, tomatoes and tomato sauce (without added sugar) and seasoned to your liking. Eat whatever lean meat you like, fresh veggies, and lots of beans!! 

Dinner:  A big salad (you can make your own dressing with olive oil and vinegar or lemon juice, garlic, seasoning, etc.) with lots of veggies and more beans.  Eat all the beans you want to.  Some people have more fruit or a fruit smoothie and popcorn.  Saute some onions, garlic and peppers in some olive oil.  Add a can of fat free chicken or beef broth and some sliced carrots, celery or other veggies that you like.  Let it cook till the veggies are done and then add canned, drained and rinsed beans. 

These are easy things you can do to begin on LDL without the book.  God bless you as begin this way of life.

Pat
Last edited by patsyfay on September 7th, 2007, 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

michalle120
New, but learning

Post by michalle120 »

Thank you all for the warm welcome!  Thank you, Niki and NJ, for answering in the other thread!  I posted this twice as I wan't real sure where to put it! 

I must admit that this is a totally different way of eating then I am used to!  I have been trying for years to eat low-carb and you certainly cannot have fruit on a low-carb diet!  This is the strange thing, well, not really so strange being a Christian!  I rarely eat fruit, but lately I've been craving it and the 'thought' came to me a few days ago to change my diet and start eating fruit in the morning and for my snack before I go to bed!  Isn't it amazing how the answers 'appear' when we ask and believe we will be guided the right way?  Then I stumbled to this website, I don't even remember how I found it. 

So I am ready to embrace this new WOE and begin my journey to health and balance in my body!  Fortunately for me, I love beans, but of course rarely eat them due to the carbs!  My husband was just asking for beans the other day, so maybe I will surprise him and make some for dinner!

Thank you, Pat, for the details on how to get started!  I am going to try to get started today!  I just happened to buy extra fruit yesterday without even knowing much about this WOE!  Isn't the Lord wonderful in how He looks out for us!  I have discovered over the last year just how much He really loves me and cares about every aspect of my life! 

I hope I'm not being to gushy for all of you!  I'm just really happy this morning and I feel so blessed!

I am really looking forward to getting to know all of you!  I am really missing my friends on the Kimkins forums, but I know I will new friends here in no time!!

May you all have a blessed day and I will be checking out the boards for awhile!!

Thank you again for the warm welcome!!   
:) Michalle :)  Matt. 21:22, And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.

niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

michalle120 wrote:  Isn't the Lord wonderful in how He looks out for us!  I have discovered over the last year just how much He really loves me and cares about every aspect of my life!
  I love beans...... 

hi michalle..............two things i LOVE to talk about...what the Lord has done in our lives AND what He is doing......Praise God...don't you feel just SO special that He has even shown you how you're going to change your lifestyle, eat healthier, giving your temple the food it needs AND lose all the weight you want to lose?.......OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD...............
  NOW let's talk about BEANS........i love beans....i grew up eating bean soups(i'm greek), but i have eaten more beans than i ever did in my entire life when i lost all the weight i wanted to lose on let's do lunch in the last year.....there are SO many recipes here....lentil soups, pureed soups and good old hearty bean soups....i posted some info about how good beans are for you....they do LOADS of things BESIDES stabilize your blood sugars....as far as i'm concerned, they're the perfect food.....BUT, i can't take credit for them....God made them along with all the fruits and vegetables we enjoy on let's do lunch.....i posted a REALLY easy bean soup recipe called greek bean soup that you can vary and make with any type of beans..in greek, it's called fasoulada....that's greek for "bean soup".....haha......when you eat corn at any time of the day that you eat a bowl of bean soup, you create a complete protein so that you really only need to eat meat,fish, chicken or eggs once a day and not in a really huge amount.....there are LOADS of people that damaged their kidneys from being on low carb diets......i used to do that and i probably ate close to a 1/2 pound of bacon with a few eggs....well, how long was i able to do that?....not long...i'd eat something i wasn't supposed to and the floodgates would open WIDE and i'd eat everything i missed eating when i was on the diet.
  let's do lunch WORKS and i eagerly await news of your success....in Him,niki 

life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
michalle120
New, but learning

Post by michalle120 »

Hi Niki!  Thank you so much for responding!!  If you don't mind me asking, how much weight have you lost with LDL?  I think it's amazing to hear someone say, "I've lost all the weight I want to lose!"

Thanks for the tips on beans!  I have been checking out the recipes and already have a stack printed and I'm ready to start cooking!  I will have to get my day's meals organized because I am used to eating my larger meal in the evening instead of at lunch.  I guess what I could do is save for myself some of the protein I make for dinner and have it for lunch the next day.  Is this what most of you do?  I don't usually cook for lunch.

Thank you again and I am already so happy to be here with all of you!     

michalle120
New, but learning

Post by michalle120 »

Hi Imkay!  Thank you so much for that important information!  It will help tremendously until I receive my book!  I'm off to a good start and I am reading as much as I can here today! 

Thank you again!  Everyone is so kind!!  :D

michalle120
New, but learning

Post by michalle120 »

For some reason I can only read Imkay's message when I hit reply!

michalle120
New, but learning

Post by michalle120 »

Niki, please disregard my question about your weight loss!  I found the answer in the other message you posted to me!  Thank you!

cm in tn

Post by cm in tn »

Hey Michalle,
Welcome to the best diet on earth!You will love this plan its so easy and you should never be hungry just eat those beans like Niki said they do fill you up and you stay satisfied longer.Come to the boards often and let us know how you are doing or with any questions you may have there's always some one willing to help a sister or brother!I have been on ldl since Jan 10 2007 lost 30 pds and gone from size 16 to a 10. would like to lose another 15 pds i haven't been on the plan 100% since May but still maintain it some will get back on hold hardly soon.This is the best you eat and eat some more lol!!!!!You never feel deprived of any food after awhile sweets just don't appeal to you so eat lots of grapes and bannas or you can have lots of fruit but these are very portable for me. You get to pick what you want to eat not some one else telling what and when you can eat and your not going to believe how much energy you have and how good you feel let alone how great your going to be looking after while. So welcome to our family and many blessings on your way to a skinner you!
                                              GOD BLESS
                                                  CM IN TN
I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHICH STRENGTHENETH ME : PHILIPPIANS 4:13
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

michalle120 wrote:I guess what I could do is save for myself some of the protein I make for dinner and have it for lunch the next day.  Is this what most of you do?  I don't usually cook for lunch...

since this is a lifetime change, make it REALLY fit your lifestyle....i work part time....i get home at 4...i'm a nurse...i'm lucky if i get to eat my fruit and raw vegetables..i often eat these while i do paperwork....there's no way i could eat a main meal at work....so, i eat when i get home....often, what i want when i walk in the door is fruit....so, a lot of times i eat fruit first, then i'll have a bowl of bean soup....once i'm on let's do lunch for a few weeks, i really can't eat what i can eat to start with...when i start, i have salad, bean soup and a protein....after a few weeks, i can't eat that much and often just have a bowl of soup which usually has some kind of meat or chicken in it...
  you don't have to do what i do...just know that it's not written in stone....sometimes, you could eat a salad at lunch with some fish or grilled chicken which would make it your main meal..then you could have a bowl of soup and/or a salad and/or fruit......sometimes i ate one of those....sometimes 2...the main thing is for you to eat until you're full, so that you have no reason to snack....more often than not, i used to be too full from my main meal to eat more than a bowl of popcorn..........when i first started let's do lunch, i used to eat a big bowl of popcorn TWICE  day...once after my fruit in the morning and after lunch or FOR dinner......eating until full seems to be easier for the men than for the women who are programed to diet since birth(almost)...eat all you want at meals and try to take the focus off snacking, but snack if you're hungry......NO hunger here...... 
   you saw mention in my other post to you of my weight loss.....if you go on the personal success board, you'll see my story from soup to nuts(oops....beans)i lost 40 pounds last year("my success story in progress")...that was all the weight i wanted to lose...i stayed on let's do lunch, but i had added a lot of soy to my diet....i gained weight on let's do lunch because i have an underactive thyroid and found out the hard way, soy is NOT good for me.......
  a few months before i returned to these boards, i was not strictly on let's do lunch....let's do lunch has really made me lose my taste for all the carbs like bread and pasta...when i say i went off, i ate some kind of sweets after eating my main meal or sometime during the day..i didn't gain weight at that time..it was mostly the weight i had gained from eating a lot of soy....so, my ticker is for 10 pounds...5 of that is the weight i gained eating soy...the other 5 is just an additional 5 i have decided i want to lose.....last year, everyone at work kept telling me not to lose any more weight....they were talking about my neck....for the last couple of months, i do abs every night(which makes you use the neck muscles)and do some facial exercises...i feel i look pretty good now and decided to lose that 5 from the soy and an additional 5 to really be the really thin person i have always wanted to be............i was only buying the size 16s i could fit into which made me an 18 in denial....now i'm a 12 most of the time and a 10 sometimes....but, i have a large frame and am really nice and thin at this weight......
  i'm rootin for you.....niki

Last edited by niki on September 7th, 2007, 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Bright Eyes
New, but learning

Post by Bright Eyes »

Hi Michalle,

I am also a newbee.. It's only been a couple of weeks and my clothes are already feeling lose:-) Peggy