LET'S DO LUNCH SAUSAGE

Start your morning out right!
mannanana

Re:DELICIOUS SAUSAGE

Post by mannanana »

Do you know of any sausage seasonings that don't contain MSG? That will give me an instant migraine--so many things contain MSG, like all prepared soups!
Adrian Grzybianek

Re: LET'S DO LUNCH SAUSAGE

Post by Adrian Grzybianek »

I just tried that receipe and i love it, very delicious. I added some spicy paprika to it  and It's fantastic! ;D
Adrian
mdlinda50

Post by mdlinda50 »

I'm new and have just read the sausage recipes.  For 1 pound of ground chicken or turkey I use the following seasonings:
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon sage
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon red pepper (cayenne)
1/4 teaspoon coriander
These spices are available in most grocery stores and the sausage taste like the southern style sausage my family is used to except the texture is different without the pork.
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Thanks, Linda - It's good to have this on hand!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

The recipe in the red book calls for chicken instead of the turkey and beef......plus 1 egg.............those of you who have made sausage which recipe do you like the best......I would really like some sausage but not sure which one to make....

Cookie
ChrissyV

Post by ChrissyV »

We here in Germany love our "Bratwurst" and here are some spices we use :

1.Thüringer Bratwurst

~Salt, ground white pepper, ground caraway

[u]2.Nürnberger Bratwurst/u]

~ Salt, white ground pepper, Mace, ground ginger, ground marjoram

[u]Bratwurst, fränkisch/u]

~ Salt, ground black and white pepper,fresh ground nutmeg, ascorbic acid, garliv cloce mashed, marjoram, caraway , thyme, Oregano

Chrissy
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

Chrissy, you are a woman after my own heart!  I grew up in the U.S. state of Wisconsin, and bratwurst is a staple there, along with some of the best cheeses you ever tasted.  In fact, Sheboygan, Wisconsin is the sausage city -- they make not only bratwurst, but sweet and hot sausage, polish sausage, ring bologna, and a lot more sausages that I can't think of right now.  I really missed brats when I moved to New Hampshire (state on the east coast of the U.S.) 13 years ago.  My favorite grocery store finally started carrying them only 4 years ago! Try making the LDL Chorizo Sausage recipe (on the Breakfast board).  I think it is pretty close to bratwurst and I am making them to eat for Sunday breakfast.

Yours in LDL,

VickiLynn