[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4790: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
Let's Do Lunch Community • View topic - need encouragement 1 yr ann

Let's Do Lunch Community

See your doctor for approval before starting any new eating program.
The Key to Let's Do Lunch is to "Add a Little Something Fattening" to something nonfattening, to make it Taste Great! Read the New Red Book to find out how this is done!

Author believes we are put on this earth to have a chance to love The Lord. Other than that, we are here to help God bless as many other people as possible.

It is currently

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

hi guys, ive been gone for a while BUT i have been on plan for what will be a whole year next week that is the longest i have EVER stuck with a diet (except the 'see-food diet"  ;). i have lost only 30 lbs +/- , but i have not taken a antidepresant pill since first of january!!!! and i am virtually bulimia free, i say virtually because i feel the need to purge maybe once every 3 or 4 months even though i have not binged on bad foods just too much good food , i dont like that stuffed feeling...i know that sounds strange but eating disorders are hard to whip. i have come a very long way, its almost become a game to me.....  but lately i am getting discouraged because i havent lost a lb since july, my summers are so terribly busy and i am just satisfied with staying on plan BUT this is my slower time of year and i need to work at finding something to get me losing again, i plan on rereading the book, but i noticed one thread that saib oat meal is now acceptable (i love oatmeal) and could someone tell me what crispbread and cornthins are and can i have as much as i want of all 3 of these things? thankyou very much

e, let it shine, let it shine.

Profile Send private message  

Christianjoy,

I can tell you about Corn Thins.  They are Real Foods Original Corn Thins.  Also the Lemon pepper variety of these is the ONLY other flavor that is permitted.  I get mine at a coop store in the town where I go to the Chiropractor.  Yes, these are unlimited as they are made from crushed popcorn, formed into patties.  They are good.  I only eat them occasionally as that is how often I desire them.

I am not sure that it is really OATMEAL that is approved.  It is some sort of oat cereal so someone else will have to clarify that for you.  Since I liked that stuff TOOOOOO well, I really don't trust me with it...and so I don't even want to think about it.

I am perfectly satisfied with my fruit in the morning along with my added POPCORN.  In the cooler weather I eat a hot apples with cinnamon, splenda, and nutmeg and ginger.  That seems to satisfy me so I don't venture on to other things.

We use the RyVita crisps bread.  Jim likes them in his soup.  I use them in my burgers of 1/2 turkey and 1/2 beef.  Lots of times I put popped popcorn in my soup for thickening instead of crackers.

I feel really blessed that I lost 47 pounds in the first year.  I had lots of medical problems when I first started LDL, but they have and are going away with each passing month.  Yes, I have had to take some meds, but I THANK GOD every day that I feel so much better now that a year ago.  Check out my posting on the medical success stories if you haven't done so already.

May I suggest you reread your book a couple of times.  I know when I went through it, I missed alot of stuff and would not have comprehended some info if I hadn't read it at least four times.  (Roger Troy suggests at least three times on the diet part.)

Ask any other questions you may have.  Someone else on the boards might have already been through it.  Keep us posted on your progress.

Love,

Jeanne

One thing that I am constantly reminded of...is...I didn't gain ALL this weight overnight...and I definitely WON'T lose it all overnight.  So, how ever many pounds I have lost is that much LESS of me.  Every pound down is A VICTORY in itself!

Yes, I have reached plateaus.  I suspected that I would.  At those points I just had to go back and re-examine the basics and see if I have ventured toooooo far from the original plan.  Then sometimes...it is just your body adjusting to the "newer you" and then it will turn loose of some more pounds.  We just have to persevere until the body releases the pounds.  BUT...STAY  THE  COURSE.....DO  NOT  ABANDON  THE  TRAIN!

Keep on keeping on...on LDL...and the boards.  Keep us posted on what is happening.

Love,
Jeanne

I remember when you first joined - and we all prayed and prayed that you would be able to overcome the eating disorder.  I would say that you have succeeded BEAUTIFULLY!!

As far as not losing weight - I know when I didn't lose for four months, I emailed what I was eating (not the quantity, just the items) to a fellow LDL'er & she was able to see almost immediately what I was eating that may have prevented my weight loss.  Unfortunately, it was about that time that my life went into a tailspin and I stopped doing LDL - I don't want this to happen to you!  I'm now starting over... so I encourage you - email SOMEBODY - or if you'd like, post what you're eating - someone here will be able to help.

Congratulations on the BIG VICTORY -

Carolyn

John's Weight Loss Progress

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

Roger Troy, author of Let's do Lunch (amazing reviews at amazon.com, made The 700 Club's "Top Highlights of the Last 50 Years!", called an "International Sensation", a "Smash Hit" and the "Most Buzzed-about Weight-loss Book of the Year!" by FIRST Magazine (for women)

Last edited by christianjoy on , edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by niki on , edited 1 time in total.

Just wanted to add my congratulations, Christianjoy. You may have 'only' lost 30 pounds (as you say)but to have got off anti-depressants and overcome bulimia too -- wow, that's so cool.

'Back to basics' seems to be a good plan when the weight-loss stalls. It is easy to get into bad habits, as the others have said. Eating Bean Soup every day, often twice a day, is what seems to start the weight loss again for me. Also watch added fats -- it's very easy, I find, to start getting careless with these, and though a little olive oil is fine, I find I have to watch myself here.

I'm sure you'll start losing again soon!

Warmly,

Rhea