NEW CLOTHES !!!!!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
iluvsoup

NEW CLOTHES !!!!!

Post by iluvsoup »

Sorry, forgot to add this part!!! 
I had to go clothes shopping (darn  ;D) because I was tired of constantly pulling up my pants.  Went shopping at my favorite plus size clothing store, and I couldn't believe I now wear a 14 !!  Unfortunately I won't be able to shop there if (excuse me, WHEN) I lose more weight, so I'll have to find a NEW favorite clothing store.  I felt so thin.  It was funny because the store clerk was trying to help me find a particular pair of pants and she handed me a 14.  I told her I couldn't fit into them.  She said she thought I could.  I didn't believe her, but I tryed them on anyway.  I was doing the happy dance in the fitting room. 
Thanks so much to my Father in Heaven, and Roger's book and all of you !!
Last edited by iluvsoup on December 14th, 2007, 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forever Young
Master Member

Re: NEW CLOTHES !!!!!

Post by Forever Young »

[glow=red,2,300]CONGRATULATIONS!!  on getting to change from a PLUS SIZE store to one that sells smaller sizes![/glow]

That is a tremendous achievement!!!  Know you have to be really proud of yourself too!  ;D :D

Keep on keeping on...LDL...and as you are find out...it WORKS!!!  Stay on the train and you will get to your goal...of...

[glow=red,2,300]S K I N N Y T O W N!!![/glow]

Love,
Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

that's WONDERFUL.....keep up the good work........you're SHRINKING.........and keep eating BEANS.........niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

I know what iluvsoup is talking about!  I always shopped in Catherines.  There is almost nothing in that store that fits me anymore!  Hot Diggety Dog!!! I shredded my Catherine's charge card. Since last January 17th, I've lost 50 lbs!!!!  My goal when I began was to lose a pound a week. I'm hoping that by January 17, 2008, I will have lost 52 lbs.  I will be 2/3's of the way to my goal. By July, I hope to lose another 25 lbs. I feel so good!!! My energy level is waaayyyy up.  I'm 67 years old and taking several medicines for RA, including prednisone.  When I first thought of doing LDL, I mentioned to the veterans on the website my concerns about being able to lose ANY weight.  Every time I had tried to lose on any other diet, the medicines always sabotaged my efforts and I was never successful.  Niki was very patient with me and explained that I would be able to do it as long as I didn't expect it to happen overnight. Well, here I am, fifty pounds lighter and still losing and still taking all my medicines!!  LDL...I LOVE YOU.  I thank God, who knows me inside out and knew that this time it would work.

Pat

PS.  Thanks, Niki!
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

patsyfay wrote:  Hot Diggety Dog!!!

Well, here I am, fifty pounds lighter and still losing and still taking all my medicines!!  LDL...I LOVE YOU.  I thank God, who knows me inside out and knew that this time it would work.......

hot diggety is right............AWESOME.....it's a WONDERFUL feeling and there's NOTHING like it...and if ANYTHING i said helped?...you're VERY welcome..........but, YOU are the one who did it.....
   for months before i heard of let's do lunch, i was getting post cards from lane bryant telling me about their sales...i accused my daughter of putting my name on their mailing list...EVERY time i tore up that card and threw it in the garbage, it was another reminder of what a mess i was.....i needed to start shopping there because the only clothes i had were the 16s that i could find in regular stores that FIT(which were NOT many)..........the whole issue was that i was going to be taking that step into bigger sizes because i was just out of control........
   thank you Lord that You put in front of me what i had to do to get my life back............and if i haven't thanked you lately, roger, thank you my friend and brother in the Lord....with much love,niki     
Last edited by niki on December 16th, 2007, 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
ammo2ammo2
New, but learning

Post by ammo2ammo2 »

Brenda, as I sit at my work computer  - I am in tears (thanks a lot)... over how proud I am of you my friend!
So, so proud, of the fantastic job you are doing on LDL, almost too much for words... keep it up Tom will come around! You are a Fantastic example of a Proverbs 31 woman to him and your  entire family is (and will continue to be)  blessed by your actions.

Now I just have to figure out how to get you to make all of my soups for me because it sounds like yours turn out better than mine. which I haven't make in a while anyway, and now your coworkers are seeing how much you love them, I hope it inspires anyone there that needs LDL to try it!
Well, maybe now that the holidays are over I can get back into my routines and make them myself, huh!?!
I looked for you Sunday at church because I wanted to see how Incredible you look! Hope to see you soon!

Lori
iluvsoup

Post by iluvsoup »

Thanks so much, Lori.  It all started because of you and your sucess.  You look awesome, too.  Thanks so much for introducing me to LDL.
Actually, I have a confession to make....I fell off the LDL wagon over the holidays and couldn't get back up for over a week.  So, now I am bloated and feel very sluggish.  But my awesome hubbie made a pot of chili and I am back to LDL.  It was a good reminder of how awful I felt before and didn't even realize it because I was used to it.  I got on the scale......ugh and it said I gained 7 lbs in that short time.  I kind of don't believe it, but my new pants are a bit snug, so maybe the scales don't lie.
But....anyway I am very excited to be back on LDL.  And we should have a soup making fest!!  Mary's cream of chicken soup is wonderful !!
Tori

Post by Tori »

How about a soup swap?

Each person who wants to participate comes up with one *new* soup to post on the recipe board. (I could even make a category for it!)

To those who participate, I'll email you each a set of custom-made recipe cards that I created for my scrap shop. How's that for incentive?  ;D
iluvsoup

Post by iluvsoup »

Sounds good to me, Tori.  Count me in.
Tori

Post by Tori »

Ok, I've posted the challenge! Please see the all new "Community Fun" board, and then hop on in to the January Soup Swap Challenge;D
ammo2ammo2
New, but learning

Post by ammo2ammo2 »

Brenda - that is the true beauty of LDL - there is no time to regret the "holidays" and whatever we did or didn't eat... just move on like Roger mentions in the book - do the "soup, fruit and veggies only"  thing for a few days or a week or so... then you will feel great again!
I know for me that having my mom here made me feel "pressured" to eat all of her "old family favorites" - and I blew it a little too (tasted tiny bits of them instead of just ignoring them) - and felt worse afterwards. Not a regret "worse" an actual Physical "worse"!
On a positive note:
From the minute my mom saw me at the airport (when we picked them up) I had her convinced to try LDL.  She knows the health issues I have had for many years and could not believe that with severe Hashimoto's disease (thyroid) that i had lost 70 pounds! I need to order her  (and my dad who has very severe RA) the book and recipe cards - like right now!
Don't be discouraged - you have lost Major Weight - and you felt so much better too, while losing it !!
Remember, it is not the falling down that measures your character, it is having the courage to stand back up, brush yourself off, and remember what you were standing up for in the firsat place!!
Still extremely proud of you girlie!!
LA
iluvsoup

Post by iluvsoup »

Thanks Lori, You are exactly right.  Its about getting back up when we fall, and remembering that we are trying to make our bodies more healthy for the Holy Spirit to live in, not to be a perfect dieter. 
That is such great news about your parents wanting to do LDL too!  Maybe it will make your Dad feel better also.  And didn't it feel wonderful that they could see how much weight you've lost and how great you look.  You've done a wonderful job too.  I bet they were proud of you too.  And happy that you can be healthier now.
Brenda
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

ammo2ammo2 wrote:  that is the true beauty of LDL

i had to look back, lori, to see the post you were responding to...i thought i missed something.......a 7 pounds gain that is probably mostly fluid....remember that in the beginning everyone has a nice loss...i tell people that that's because those unhealthy carbs and sugars hold onto a lot of fluid....the reverse also happens....you start eating those sugars and your body holds onto more fluid again.....
  brenda's going to get back on track and STAY on track....now she has a whole year before another christmas comes around(God willing for all of us).........i stayed on track LAST christmas but i had a particularly small amount of places to go where i was surrounded by food without choices....i think THAT'S a big part of the christmas dilemma ....too many wrong things around and not enough right things....
  i know that roger offers the fruit and soup flush as an option....but, i would just like to state this as MY opinion about what works for me......when i've gone off and need to stabilize my blood sugars to get back on, i need ALL my ammunition........i NEED a nice midday meal with protein....i NEED my popcorn.......when i read about the f&s flush, i took that to be for people that were diligently on let's do lunch who were looking to get out of a plateau.............i've never done that s&f flush....i DON'T eat any of the occasional foods when i'm on let's do lunch...like you, lori, i have thyroid disease that has really done a number on me over the years...........
  AND, by the way, give yourself a pat on the back, lori...............a 70 pounds loss with thyroid disease..........as i WELL know, not an easy task.........
  lori and brenda....it looks like you've got an awesome support system going on between the two of you................keep up the good work..........in His love,niki
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

iluvsoup wrote:Thanks Lori, You are exactly right.  Its about getting back up when we fall, and remembering that we are trying to make our bodies more healthy for the Holy Spirit to live in, not to be a perfect dieter. 
That is such great news about your parents wanting to do LDL too!  Maybe it will make your Dad feel better also.  And didn't it feel wonderful that they could see how much weight you've lost and how great you look.  You've done a wonderful job too.  I bet they were proud of you too.  And happy that you can be healthier now.
Brenda

lori and brenda.........i didn't write what i just wrote in addition to what you just wrote...i wrote it at the same time.....you are ABSOLUTELY right in everything you just said...it's NOT about dieting...it's about giving Him optimal conditions to use us in the way He chooses......i've been too tired to walk in the last couple of weeks and in the 45 minutes i walk, i get GREAT prayer time in with the Lord....and the tiredness even seems to affect my brain....................i feel so BLESSED to have a solution to the horrible eating habits i've had ALL my life...........God bless you guys....it's wonderful to see you uphold each other in the physical and in the spiritual..........love,niki
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

iluvsoup wrote:But....anyway I am very excited to be back on LDL.  And we should have a soup making fest!!  Mary's cream of chicken soup is wonderful !!

Hey, Mary made cream of chicken soup?  Does anyone have a link to this...I searched it and only came up with this post. 
Debbie
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Debbie;

I scanned the soups list for soups made by MarySimmons and found a Cream of Turkey. Maybe someone used that one and started adding chicken and it just morphed from there?

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=2457.0
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Thanks NJ.

I thought I would have remembered cream of chicken lol but youre right that would be an easy substitution.  I hope you are doing well dear.  I think of you often and you are always in my prayers.  Sorry I havent been around much lately to chat with but my mom getting sick and passing away before christmas really took a toll on me.  Its hard to relate to others grief over loss of loved ones until you finally experience it yourself.  Nothing can replace a mother...it just leaves an empty hole in your heart.  Luckily my brain is easily tricked into conscious denial.  It has had me contemplating my purpose in this life though since I cant help but feel how insignificant my daily comings and goings are in the scheme of things.  How everything that is "you" can be erased in a moment if that is Gods plan.  I find myself struggling to conjure up some wonderful memories but I believe my brain is holding them captive till my heart is more equipped to deal with them.  Its a very long silence that Ive only begun to scratch the surface of its effect on me.  Im hoping to be able to find a way to dance in the rain from this storm.  Knowing theres a place like this where I can turn to my extended family for support and a sympathetic ear is of much comfort. It can be difficult sometimes to ask for support from immediate family when you know they are suffering as much as you.  So NJ know that you are very special to me and I am here for you as well.  (((((((((((NJ)))))))))
Love and God Bless
Debbie
iluvsoup

Post by iluvsoup »

Yes, I'm sorry, it was Cream of Turkey and I substituted leftover rotisserie chicken.
And I wanted to let you Debbie and EnJae that I also have been praying for you and your families thru your difficult times.  I have been praying for God's comfort for both of you.
ammo2ammo2
New, but learning

Post by ammo2ammo2 »

THANKS FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT NIKI!!!
I too have never done the fruit and soup flush... but I thought it might be a way to kick start the LDL way of life again. I do think I would be like you and need my protein if I was trying to get back on track...
Thanks for sharing all of your LDL experiences with the rest of us - and for your compassionate messages, it is such a Blessing to have such a great group of people to talk to and to know how we all recognize that NONE of this is possible without God - and ALL OF THIS is  MORE than possible with Him.
Peace & Joy,
LA