Food Log

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Deb M

Food Log

Post by Deb M »

Wasn't sure where to put this.  I'm a little confused about how to respond to a reply on my thread.  Well, here's my log.  Would it be better if I just posted what I eat daily?  This seems like a lot to look at.  What do you think?  I made sure there was no sugar in the different products for which I didn't list ingredients.  Thanks any help! :)

Food Log

Tues. 3/10
Breakfast
Green Smoothie (fruits: banana, orange, grapes, kiwi, romaine, kale, spinach) & water
grapefruit w/stevia
cottage cheese

Lunch

Little Mary’s Pizza Soup
Stir fry w/some leftover rotisserie chicken(fried in olive oil - cabbage, red pepper, carrots, kale, zucchini, onion)

Snack
Corn Thins were delivered so had to try one - ate 3

Supper
fruit smoothie (apple, banana, orange, water, ice cubes)
corn thins w/slices of tomato, spices, no fat Kraft mozzarella cheese
Salad (romaine lettuce, zucchini, carrots, cabbage, tomato) & refried beans w/ olive oil & red wine vinegar dressing

Snack
strawberries w/stevia & sliced banana
2 TBS lite whip cream

Wed. 3/12
Breakfast
Warm V–8 juice
light rye crispbread w/slices of 75% reduced fat cheddar cheese (having trouble finding fat free brick cheese)
apple

Lunch
seasoned & grilled Talpia
romaine lettuce w/vinegar & olive oil dressing
corn thins

Supper
fruit smoothie
Uncle Ben’s Wild Rice (didn’t use the box’s seasoning) cooked in chicken broth w/carrots, celery & onions

Snack
strawerries & apple cubes w/ cottage chese w/stevia

Thurs. 3/13
Breakfast
Green Smoothie
fried egg w/ melted no fat American processed cheese & salsa

Lunch
Mexican soup (V8 juice, refried beans, corn & spices)
tossed salad w/oil & vinegar dressing
popcorn

Dinner
fruit smoothie
pot roast
beef broth for dipping
Bill’s Mashed Potatoes
asparagus

Fri. 3/14
Breakfast
sliced apple, banana, & grapes
fried egg & onion w/ melted no fat American processed cheese & salsa

Lunch
Uncle Ben’s Wild Rice (didn’t use the box’s seasoning) cooked in chicken broth w/carrots, celery & onions - chicken added

Supper
black beans medley - gr. pepper, onion, garlic, olive oile, tomato, corn, black beans
salad w/salsa
fruit smoothie

Sat. 3/15
Breakfast
Green Smoothie

Snack
banana & nectarine

Lunch
Little’s Mary’s Pizza Soup w/no fat mozzarella cheese
tossed salad w/Ken’s Lite Accents-Balsamic Vinaigrette(.5fat, 1 sugar) & turkey bacon crumbled on top
corn thins

Snack
popcorn

Supper
Bud’s Baked Potato
corn on the corb

Snack
frozen grapes

Sun. 3/16
Breakfast
strawberries w/cottage cheese & stevia

Lunch
ham
Joel Lynn’s Seven-Layer Salad
Corn Thins

Snack
strawberries w/stevia & sliced banana
2 TBS lite whip cream

Supper
fruit smoothie
stir fry w/refried beans
Deb M

Re: Food Log

Post by Deb M »

Thanks Mary!  Oh Boy ::)  As my kids would say, "My Bad!"  I check ingredients on most products, but failed on the couple you mentioned. 

Roger had listed in the book that lite whip topping was okay so I didn't look at the ingredients. 

With the turkey bacon, I was surprised to see sugar mentioned twice - once in the curing process and once as a single ingredient.  Although,  the nutrition label still said that there were 0 grams sugar under carbohydrates. ???  I'm a little confused - the book mentioned eating no fat dressings on a salad but all of the no fat dressings I could find (even Kraft)  had sugar in them.  So, a label that mentions sugar in the ingredients but, is so negligible to no be counted in as a gram of sugar is that acceptable or not?

Yes, I think there was white rice in the Uncle Ben's mix.  These was even orzo which I picked out when I realized it was in there.  I think I'll just go w/plain brown rice.  I like it better.

The pinto beans were fine.  I checked them! ;D  Only water,  & salt!

Thank you so much for your input!  I appreciate the encouragement.  I have a book w/2005 copyright so I ordered a new book, yesterday.  Really looking forward to it's updates and the recipe cards!

Joyfully His,

Deb M
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

hi deb...i read your log and the responses you got...then, i read your posts to refresh my memory....there was someone who said that they absolutely HATED beans who made a complete turn around and said she loved them when she started trying some of the pureed ones.....i thought that that might be you, but it wasn't.....
  if it were up to me, i would tell everyone to eat the way i eat in the beginning...i never eat cheese when i'm strictly on let's do lunch because cheese(EVEN when i did low carbs)gave me cravings and the times i did low carbs eating cheese, i wouldn't be on for long........although, THAT was my problem...i needed something that i could go long term with....
  the amount of protein that the average person needs is WAY lower than most people think....an average portion is a few ounces...when i read let's do lunch, i at first thought that it was not enough protein...but, the portion i ate at my main meal PLUS the beans was absolutely sufficient....and i could see that by how much stronger my nails were......as far as the dairy goes, there are a lot of people that feel that humans are the only adult living things that continue throughout life drinking milk....i personally, LOVE cheese, but i find that i do better when i stay away from it..and when i don't eat it, i don't miss it....
  i would look to sit down and eat as MUCH as you are able at each meal..try lentil soup....the pureed soups...try to get as many beans in your diet as possible in as palatable a form as you can...NOTHING stabilizes your blood sugars the way beans do.......at the meal without the protein, try eating as much bean soup as you can and a big salad if you want...and by doing this stuff, you'll start to avoid snacking...roger doesn't recommend snacking on fruit..his reasoning was that that would make you get tired of it....but, i feel that it's something else....the fruit is excellent because it gives you wonderful energy that i personally never had when i was on low carbs....but, i think too much fruit when it's NOT eaten in a meal and eaten as a snack can be a problem..i always(in the 2 years i've been on let's do lunch)eat a big fruit meal in the morning and don't usually eat fruit again....even when i first started to lose weight, i didn't often eat fruit in the evening..more often than not, it was a salad and/or soup or a bowl of popcorn...........
  i have an underactive thyroid and i lose VERY slowly...that's why when i first read the book, when i read the word "occasional", my brain read "never"...some  people read "anytime" when they see the word "occasional"....so, consider the input you've received and use what you think will work for you.....sincerely,niki   
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Hey Deb;

I need to get back on track; I hope you don't mind if I post my food log here too.

Getting Back on Track:
(NJ's been messin' up BADLY!!!)
Saturday 03/22/2008:
7am - Coffee (then went back to sleep  ;D );
8 am - Water and a couple of Excedrin;
8:30am - Navel orange (I wrote earlier that I also had: Pink Lady apple, strawberries, fresh pineapple; that's what was on my plate but I ended up just eating the orange, then got distracted by my computer...);

[I'm headed off to run a couple of errands then find a good healthy salad somewhere..]

12:30--2pm - Water, Navel orange, Pink Lady apples, strawberries, fresh pineapple, couple of rice cakes (only ingredient: brown rice), 1 tbls black bean dip (water, black beans, white vinegar, green bell pepper, apple cider vinegar, jalepeno peppers, cumin, onion powder, salt, granulated garlic, citric acid) -- from a jar - not a recipe ---, chicken breast, alfalfa spouts, a black olive, avocado, carrot, yellow squish, radish, spinach, black beans, romaine lettuce;

3pm - water and 2 ibuprofen;

7pm - Iced tea sweetened with Stevia, corn chips and salsa

10:30pm - water and 2 acetaminophen.
Last edited by EnJae on March 22nd, 2008, 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Yes sir.
I had an emotional "thing" this week and went on a bender. I ate bread with my meat and vegetables at Red Lobster, steamed rice with my vegetables at Fuji Steak House, french fries and a cookie with my bunless/extra-lettuce burger at Mr. Burger. (Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday...)

I was not craving these items at all.
I chose to sabotage myself as a way of dealing with undealt-with anger.

I have now confessed the sin in my heart to God; chosen to fill my day with good healthy foods and hard work; and plan to just move on and not dwell on my poor choices.

NJ
graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

Hi EnJae,
        I also have been bad, I have been cooking for my family making treats and have mindlessly enjoyed them....needless to say I don't feel well. I can't wait to start eating right again.
      I guess someday I will learn my lesson........I hope this time is eat.
                    G-d bless you all This Easter
                                      Kris
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Oh, poor NJ & Kris.  The enemy was really tempting us this week.  >:(

I was feeling a blue this afternoon from missing my family on Easter & suddenly found myself in the middle of a full-fledged eating binge.  It was all LDL acceptable foods, but I must have eaten the equivalent of three full lunches between 1-4 p.m.  Believe me, if I could have gotten myself to a Red Lobster, Fuji Steak House or Mr. Burger, I would have been right there with you, NJ.  Thankfully, my fourth time through the kitchen I realized what I was doing, and forced myself to stop.  It was a little easier knowing that it was emotional rather than hunger or food cravings, because I can nurse my tender feelers with a mug of hot tea once I realize what's happening to me. 

Would anyone care to join me for a little fruit & soup flush tomorrow?
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Sunday 03/23/2008:

This morning I had a cup of coffee, a navel orange, a Roma apple and an organic banana during bible class.

For lunch I ate 7 'nekkid' chicken tenders (no breading), green beans, corn on the cob and iced tea.

During snack time at Financial Peace University I ate a banana and drank water.

For supper, the group I eat with went to a pizza place, so I very politely just picked at the tops of a few slices and didn't point out to them that they were making it hard for me....

But tomorrow is another day! Bring on the fruit and veggies!!!!

[Oh; and I've had water to drink most of the day....]

I've been a bit sore and achy today but I didn't take anything for pain like I had to 3 times on Saturday.  SO, today was a better day.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Still doing well. Except for one thing: a friend made an Angel food cake at home and I had only ever seen one bought. I watched her make it AND I chose to take a bite. BUT the reason I made that choice was to see what it was supposed to be like and then see if I can follow the recipe using Splenda and chickpea or popcorn flour.

So here is my food log for 3/24/08:
coffee;
navel orange, roma apple, organic banana, water;
beans, romaine lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, yellow squish, radishes, carrots, onions, avocados;
angel food cake (not LDL);
chicken, beans, cheese, corn chips, iced tea;
banana, water.
Last edited by EnJae on March 24th, 2008, 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

I am back on track and doing well, this will probably be my last food log until I NEED to do one again.

coffee;
water, navel orange, roma apple, organic bananas;
field greens, broccoli "cole slaw" blend, avocado, canned roast beef (gravy rinsed off), lime juice squeezed over all, Arizona diet Green Tea, ibuprofen;
puffed brown rice cakes, I.M. Healthy Soynut butter, raw honey;
crunchy chicken tacos, 'refried' beans, small salad, salsa, corn chips.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Thank you RT!
I still need training.  ;)

And I have another questionable food:
Since you have done Ok with brown rice, I started eating a puffed rice cake from my local health food store.

"Lundberg Brown Rice, Organic Rice Cakes; Ingredients: Organic whole grain brown rice"

Is this alright or does the 'puffing' process mess up rice? I kinda figure it's like the Corn Thins but I could be wrong.

Thanks for your help RT, I love you;
NJ
Last edited by EnJae on March 26th, 2008, 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Does it list any FIBER under the nutritional info?
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:Gwennaford, you've got the right idea...pig-out on LDL foods, no matter how often that is, rather than eat all the fattening foods that cause you to later be hungry again.

Thank you for the moral support Roger.  This is a good example of one of the things I enjoy and appreciate about this loving, caring, supportive group of people.  No matter how you mess up, you have guidance and encouragement available to you, as long as you KEEP COMING BACK! 

It reminds me of the Lord's forgiveness, grace and mercy that are available to us for the asking!  HOORAY  :D

I'll be interested to hear about the brown rice cakes, since it looks like I'll be omitting corn for the foreseeable future. 

Love to all, Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
linda7777

Post by linda7777 »

I was at the store today and bought a box of Minute Maid Brown rice---cooks in 10 minutes.
Now I'm thinking I shouldn't use it. 
Is it ok to use??
I haven't opened the box, so I can take it back.
Thank you.
Linda
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

hi linda....minute brown rice cooks much faster than regular brown rice...more like white rice....i'm going to say that the reason it takes so much longer to cook brown rice is the presence of the bran...i'm going to say that this would not be a good idea....that's MY vote....but, let's see what roger says......niki 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..