Re: New To Our Boards?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
gvrj
New, but learning

Post by gvrj »

glad to be a part!
8)
Last edited by Queenie on August 11th, 2008, 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carol947

Post by carol947 »

I'm a newbie too . Hope I can stay. I'm the one with the diabetic question. Carol
Poggi
New, but learning

Post by Poggi »

Roger,
Thanks for replying to me yesterday. I saw you on the view a few weeks back, ordered your book. My grandparents came from Italy many years ago, they ate the same way you did, the big meal was at lunch, dinner a salad and fruits/nuts some wine. Neither one of them had a weight problem, plus they lived into their 90's. With your plan I feel as though I've come back to my roots. Am  a man, in my 40,s  My goal is to lose 25, plus I started the gym again.
LisaH

Post by LisaH »

I am a newbie too.  I would also like to thank Roger for responding on the 14th of July to my first question about breakfast.  I am so excited about being a part of LDL.  Everyone is so full of helpful information and so kind to share.  Lisa  :)
Sarah
New, but learning

Post by Sarah »

I'm a "newbie" too....  Saw Roger & Anita on Sharron and Herman Show.  I was interested, but busy getting dressed for work at the time.  (watching and listening with one eye...)  When I heard him explain that he was not taking any profit from the book, I knew this was "it" for me.  Not "another diet salesman" if you know what I mean.... 

God bless you, Roger...  (I have no doubt He will) for helping "all of us" get a handle on our eating!   30 pounds to lose.  It will be a walk in the park being able to eat all this great food....   this will keep me out of the candy aisle!!!   :-X

Thank you, thank you, thank you! 

Sarah
niki

Post by niki »

hey sarah,it certainly keeps me out of the candy aisle...and before going on let's do lunch,the candy aisle was my favorite place to be.....there is NOTHING like let's do lunch.....niki
Nana10

Post by Nana10 »

Hi,

I am new to this board.  In fact I just received my copy of Let's Do Lunch today.  I have a question.  On page 55, a Fruit and Soup Flush is mentioned.  In checking through the recipes in chapter 9, I can not find this recipe.  Can you help?

Many thanks and I hope to lose about 30 lbs. 
niki

Post by niki »

hi..the soup and fruit flush is just that....fruit and soup....eating whatever fruit you want and different bean soups of your choice..........
  i don't have my book but i would just like to give my opinion on this.....when you're just starting out on the program,you need to eat all the allowable foods to really kill the cravings......in my opinion,this is for when you have been doing the program and just want to give it a little jump start...the one time i went off of let's do lunch,i went back on the program after going off on the weekend....i didn't do a soup and fruit flush...i wanted to flood my body with all the let's do lunch foods to insure that i would really go back on and stay on.......that was my priority...i didn't want to limit myself and risk not completely squashing the cravings.........this as i said,is my opinion on this based on my own experience.....................niki         
24Jeffgordon

Post by 24Jeffgordon »

I am a newbie! I can not view what I posted.I was looking for the Das stuff pepper recipe.My husband left it at work.Please
Help!Also Hi!I lost 13lb and hubby 19lbs on lets do lunch.
24Jeffgordon

Post by 24Jeffgordon »

I mean Dads on page 102. Help!
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

I'm such a newbie that I don't even have my book yet...but I ordered it yesterday and am hoping that I receive it before the 15th so I can take it on vacation with me to read all about it.

Can anyone give the me the simple outline of it?  I would be most appreciative.  :)

Thanks!
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
niki

Post by niki »

hi fy.....in a nutshell(sorry),you eliminate sugar/grains/nuts/seeds....that stabilizes your blood sugars so that cravings and excessive hunger are gone...you can eat all the fruit you want..all the vegetables...lean protein once a day with a meal of all the allowable foods.....you can eat ALL the beans,corn and peas that you want....you can make homemade bean soups with olive oil and loads of vegetables..you can eat all the popcorn and soynuts that you want....fat free and soy cheese...........did i forget anything?..niki
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

I LOVE THIS DIET!!!!!  Ive never been so excited about a plan in my life.  I'm totally satisfied.  No hunger, no cravings whatsoever.  Whenever I think of potatoes, bread, rice or pasta I just whisper to myself.....POISON!!!!
Then I grab a flatbread with a little nofat cottage cheese and a cucumber slices on top!!!!!  Rodger....can you tell me how long it took you to lose all your weight?  I couldnt find a timeframe in your book.  Just got the book on Tues and read it in a few hours.  I started rereading it S L O W L Y again yesterday to make sure I know it front to back. I cant express how much energy I am feeling.  I can literally feel my body changing overnite.  Its feels like youve just been given a big secret weapon against fat.  How empowering to know that even if I stumble to resume as usual is painless.  I have to add I had already eliminated caffiene and diet sodas from my diet at the beginning of summer to lose weight but I didnt lose an ounce from that.  In just two days the scale was already down 2 lbs this morning!!!!! EUREKA!!!!!
What a BLESSING!!!!
Debbie
niki

Post by niki »

hi debbie....tell me what kind of flatbread you're talking about?....and i would like to caution you about weighing yourself too much...
  but,you're doing great....i agree with you that it's the best way on the planet to eat...keep up the good work.......niki 

DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

The Wasa LIght Rye Crisp bread of course!!!!!!