I'm coming back...

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Vernswifevickie

I'm coming back...

Post by Vernswifevickie »

So...after much soul searching and a couple of very convincing conversations with my dear friend Niki, I have decided to come back to "Let's Do Lunch." I don't really know why I stopped eating this way in the first place. I loved all the fresh fruits and vegetables....and the popcorn...I loved the popcorn!  :-* One change I will be making so that LDL fits with my lifestyle is that I will be having my protein meal in the evening so that my hubby and I can have it together.

I have to wait until I can go grocery shopping after payday on Friday as we don't have the foods in the house to begin before that. I have the old book and will get it out and begin re-reading it in the meanwhile. I just wanted to put my committment to restart in writing as a way of making it "real" in my mind.

Hi Niki...I'm back  :)
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Mom to Chris, Courtney & Colin
Grandma Honey to lil Miss Autumn
Daughter of the King!
niki
Administrator

Re: I'm coming back...

Post by niki »

Vernswifevickie wrote:So...after much soul searching and a couple of very convincing conversations with my dear friend Niki, I have decided to come back to "Let's Do Lunch."

i have a BIG smile on my face...........welcome back, vickie.................niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

WOO-HOO!

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Vickie!!!!!!!!!!!!!  How ARE you?  I was thinking of you just the other day - I should be more like my "buddy of the crown", our Bean Queen, Niki and emailed you!  Well, no matter HOW you came back, I'm glad you came back!

Hope all is well with you and your cutie pie hubby! I really, really missed you!!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Vernswifevickie

Thank you all so much for the wonderful welcome back! I have always been impressed by the kind hearted spirit of these boards and today is no exception!

Niki...see...talking about LDL is a GOOD thing!  ;)

Mary...thank you for the warm welcome.

Roger, You are so nice. I am going to e-mail you as soon as I am finished with this post!

Hi Joe...it's good to see you too!

Carolyn...That's so funny...I was thinking of you the other day as well! Great minds, I guess. Don't feel too bad abut not e-mailing...Niki and I know each other from another message board forum and she was sharing her feelings about LDL and I just thought to myself, "you know...I need to go back to LDL and REALLY give it an honest chance!"

So...I still have to wait to go grocery shopping on Friday to begin LDL again...but I'm excited to get going! In the meanwhile I am going to be rereading the book...and making the best choices I can from what we have here in the house.

Edited to add: Oh, I almost forgot...I am also going to be reading here and checking out the recipes to get ready to start out full speed ahead!  :)
Last edited by Vernswifevickie on September 2nd, 2008, 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Daughter of the King!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Vernswifevickie wrote: Oh, I almost forgot...I am also going to be reading here and checking out the recipes to get ready to start out full speed ahead!  :)

i can't even  TELL you, vickie, how impressed i am......i am SO happy to see you seriously try this.....and don't forget.............you can eat grapes, cherries, pineapple, watermelon, mango, cantelope.....ALL that fruit that people often stay away from thinking it's fattening.................and to help you get used to the gas, start out with lentil soup and pureed soup(remember that israeli chickpea soup is debbie's favorite, but you can puree ANY soup with a little braun hand mixer)....and for your main meal, eat all the meat, chicken or fish that you want....just try to eat the salad and maybe the soup before you eat the meat....or at the same time.....NOTHING wrong with eating the main meal in the evening..............when i work, i usually eat carrots because i can eat them while i work..............i DON'T have time to eat lunch.....so, when i work, i ALWAYS eat dinner when i get home....................
  on the weekends, the earlier you eat, though, the better(if you're able to eat earlier than during the week)
  and in the beginning, REALLY make your main meal sumptuous....salad and vegetables...soup......i don't know if you remember that i told you i used to make a big salad including artichoke hearts, olives, hearts of palm and marinated mushrooms.................REALLY enjoy all the things you can eat..............OH....and STAY OFF THE SCALE.........it's tom who said scales are for fish........................
  and THIS picture, btw, is the one i like the best....you have that little smile that says "guess what I'M thinking".................
  it was SO lovely having this chat with you about let's do lunch.......be talkin to you....................niki 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Vernswifevickie

Niki...you're so sweet...thanks for all the great advice. I really am excited to get started. I'm going to pay my mortgage today and balance my checkbook and see if I can squeek out a small trip to the grocery store so I can get going! I have beans from when I did the plan before, and I have meat...I just need a few fruits and veggies...I think I might be able to pull it off earlier. Soemetimes I fool myself in to thinking that I need more than I really do to get started...but I'll bet I can just pick up a few things and get started right away. I made some pinto beans yesterday to make refried beans from  :) Hmmm...refried beans and eggs...that sounds like a great breakfast!

Thanks for your kind words about my avatar photo. That was taken last year, right after I had lost a bunch of weight doing the Kimkins plan. I was feeling pretty good about myself, we were at a gig Vern was playing and he snapped that photo with his phone. It sort of makes me melencholy now to look at it because it was 30 pounds ago and the KK plan did such a number on me physically and emotionally...but...forgetting those things that lie behind and pressing on......:)
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Daughter of the King!
Boo454

Post by Boo454 »

Hi Vickie!  Thanks for the link.  I'm going to go start reading now.  I did look and my library has a copy of the book so I'll go check that out today or tomorrow sometime.  So far from what little I have read, this does look more along the lines of a doable plan for me.  Thanks for the point is this direction.  :)

I'll have to let Hillary know about this too.  She is due sometime this month.  I can't find the email right now saying when, but it is soon.  Even is she can't start anytime soon, maybe she could just come and hang out.  I think she would like that.

Thanks again!  ;D
Vernswifevickie

Boo!!!! I am so excited that you are here....and if Hilary was to come here too it would be such a hoot! Just like old times....I miss those times.

You will find that everyone is is very helpful and supportive. This is a very friendly forum. Welcome  :) :)
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Daughter of the King!
Vernswifevickie

OK...this is GREAT!!! I figured out my bills, balanced my checkbook, and I DO have enough money left to do some grocery shopping! I can get started right away now...I am so excited! I'm going to go to the store after work and get some fruits and veggies and I'll be able to really get started tomorrow.
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Daughter of the King!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Vernswifevickie wrote:Boo!!!! I am so excited that you are here....

YAY.............everyone's here.......LET'S HAVE A PARTY............niki
Vernswifevickie

niki wrote:

Niki...meet Boo....Boo is a frind of mine from way back in the Kimkins days. We sort of drifted apart...but now she's here....she's good people! Now that the introduction is done...let's party on!  ;D
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Daughter of the King!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Vernswifevickie wrote:
niki wrote:

Niki...meet Boo....Boo is a frind of mine from way back in the Kimkins days. We sort of drifted apart...but now she's here....she's good people! Now that the introduction is done...let's party on!  ;D

hi boo.............nice to meet you.......and HERE?....NO drifting allowed(haha)..............let's do lunch REALLY works......stick around...get comfortable with it...this is the ONLY way i was able to CHANGE my eating habits instead of dieting :scyth:...........niki
ps...tori...i LOVE the little guy with the scyth....
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

I always get excited about going back on LDL purely!!  I love going to the store and buying just what I need to get started and I love making up all the dishes that will keep me on track.  I don't know what the feeling is...I think its partly anticipation of getting started, partly KNOWING that it WILL WORK and partly knowing that I'm no longer going backwards instead of forward. God bless you Vicki, as you enjoy all of this.
Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Tori
Administrator

Post by Tori »

He is pretty cute, isn't he Niki?
Although I need to change the "cool" guy. He is kinda weird.  ;D
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

when i first saw the little  cool guy, i thought he was a watchutakinabout kind of guy...............
Boo454

Post by Boo454 »

Thanks for the welcome yall.  Now BBQ at my house!  8) Let the party begin.

Instead of getting the book at the library, I just ordered one from Amazon.  Found a used one for.......95 cents!  WooHoo.  That made me so happy.  Only thing is, I keep reading about how a new version is coming out so I guess I will have to get that when it's out. 

I have been reading and reading and came across a very abbreviated list of allowed and non-allowed foods.  I think I have the jest and will be able to start tomorrow morning. 

Menu for tomorrow:

B - 2 scrambled eggs with refried pinto beans (home canned) - can I have a whole wheat tortilla with it?
L - Salad w/Walden Farms dressing, chicken salad (white meat, dill relish, egg and light mayo), pineapple
D - Salad (same dressing), can of green beans and peaches for dessert.

If I need a snack, popcorn.

The fruit is home canned so I know there is no sugar in it at all.  I used Splenda when I canned it.

Does this look good?  Not having the book yet and just from reading here on the forum, this is what I came up with.

Vickie, this is so great to have some support somewhere that is full of nice, non-angry people again.  I can't thank you enough for the link and allowing me to follow you around.  :-*  Do you have a journal here or something like that?
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Welcome to LDL....
Now for the questions: No to the wheat tortilla...no processed grains allowed!
And for the green beans...make sure there is no hidden sugar in them if they are canned
and for the dressing make sure you have it on the side and dip your fork into it then into your salad. You'll eat much less dressing that way!
ask plenty of ?? and we'll answer as quickly as we can!