Back in the saddle again

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
LadyBugTia

Back in the saddle again

Post by LadyBugTia »

Hello all!! ;D

I am new to the boards but not to LDL.  I am Tia, age 37, started LDL in Oct 06 and was strict on it until about 4 months ago.  I lost 30 lbs, which I was happy with and maintained until just recently.  I need to get back into my "good" LDL habits and out of this sweet craving mode I have found myself in.  I really have not gained but about 5 lbs, but I have DEF gained inches, and I dont LIKE IT!!  I need some encouragement from you wonderful people.  I just really fell into a rut not really being able to afford food that is good for me, since groceries have gotten so high!!  But I am willing to do whatever it takes now, cuz I am ready to start feeling better and stop these cravings that are not good for me!!

Thanks for all the help in advance!!!  Monday is my start back day, keep me in your prayers!!!  :D
LovinLDL

Re: Back in the saddle again

Post by LovinLDL »

Tia,

Welcome and way to go losing 30lbs and maintaining so long.  Let me tell you something and remind myself too.  When you are faithful to stick with LDL you will eat less.  Some of the foods might cost more (like the fruit that you need to eat LOTS of right now) but you will end up eating much less food in general so that grocery budget will be less.  Add that savings to the amount of money you save by being healthier and LDL really is a good value.

Blessings,
Julie 
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

hi tia..what i have personally found is that once i went off for one reason or another, it was harder to get back on......i have come to the conclusion that it was because when i first went on let's do lunch i was so disgusted with myself that i dealt with the fluctuating blood sugars until eating let's do lunch foods kicked in....for me, that's about a week.....by a month, i can have anything in the house and not care about it...once i go off, it's difficult to get back on because i have to deal with the fluctuating blood sugars once again......so, i have to have all my ldl staples ready so i can REALLY eat until full....i make hummus with peppers and onions and always have popcorn in the house.....i eat lots of fruit and with lunch eat a big salad AND a big bowl of bean soup(besides protein).....BEANS really help....don't stress about 5 pounds.....just put that little extra effort into having a lot of allowable food ready and EAT.......sincerely,niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
LadyBugTia

Post by LadyBugTia »

Thanks Julie and Niki for your support and encouragement!  Julie, you are right, the savings in the long run will be well worth it, I will keep thinking of it that way.  It's not that I am really stressed about the five pounds, it just seems like way more than that when I look at the inches in my middle.  And I miss feeling good and just KNOWING that I am eating the best possible food for my body to function at it's highest potential.  Niki, I would love to have your hummus recipe, that sounds really good! :tongue: