Off to a Great Start

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
sval59

Off to a Great Start

Post by sval59 »

I started the LDL plan after seeing the local interview here in Greensboro, NC.  I actually started the plan the week of Thanksgiving and my 49th birthday.  I knew the holiday season was going to be a challenging time for me, but I made a personal commitment to lose weight during the holidays instead of adding more pounds to my already overweight body.  I set a goal to lose 10 pounds by Christmas day but thought that this was a real long shot as I had tried every diet on earth and have always found myself to lose weight very, very slowly.  I read the Let's Do Lunch book and went grocery shopping and got started.  Amazingly, I have found the plan very easy to follow and I'm never hungry on the plan.  And, eating all the fruit has taken away all of my cravings for sweets.  I'm very happy to say that on Christmas morning, I stepped on the scales and had lost exactly 10 pounds.  And during this time, I had two out-of-town trips where I had actually gotten away from the plan a bit, but once I was back home, I started back on it and the pounds dropped back off right away.

Sometimes I eat at night more out of habit than because I'm actually hungry, but it is no problem at all for me to just have a bowl of tomato soup or popcorn and to be completely satisfied after having my protein lunch.  I feel great now and I really feel very positive that I will lose the rest of the weight (50 more pounds) that I want to lose.  At my family get-together Christmas weekend, my sister and others were asking how I had dropped 10 pounds so quickly.  I have a feeling that more of my family and friends will be doing this plan after they see my results. 

I knew as soon as I read Roger's book that I had found the plan for me as he gives God all the credit.  I truly believe that God had me in the right spot at the right time to see the interview and that God was talking to me in his amazing way. 

Thanks Roger and to all the other LDL folks for the encouragement!  God bless you all!
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: Off to a Great Start

Post by patsyfay »

I think, like you, sval59, that God gave this way of eating to Roger.  As we say at our church, it tastes and it smells like God.  And what is more appropriate for an eating program? :) :) :)
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

sval59

Post by sval59 »

Thanks for your response and support.  How long have you been on the LDL plan?  Does your family eat this way as well?  My husband loves his breads and sweets and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to convince him to try the LDL plan.  Hopefully, when he sees how successful I'm going to be, he'll come around......that's how confident I am!  Have a great day!
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Sval,

I've been on LDL since January of 2007, so next month will be two years.  This is now my way of life.  Until God tells me differently, I am here for the duration.  I still have about 20 lbs. to lose, but I plan to do that this year.  When I began in 2007, I determined to give it three months and before that time had passed I had decided that there would be no other eating plan for me ever.  I confess to going off and on LDL since last Sept. when we celebrated our 50th anniversary.  That just sort of began an off program, on program till Christmas Day.  The day after Christmas, I again determined to begin as if it were the first time.  Like Roger says, once you've been on LDL, you lose your cravings a lot quicker when you resume eating the LDL way.  And so I have.  I spent the morning making cabbage/lentil soup, red pepper hummus and peeling clementines.  I like to make sure I have what I need available so I have no reason to eat something I shouldn't. 

I think you will find that LDL will be just what you are looking for...you and your husband.  My husband has never really needed to watch his weight, so I fix him his meals and I fix me mine.  I have a big freezer and I make lots of meals up that are LDL and that are not.  That way, we both get what we need.  Hope you find that this will work for you.  I can't help but think it will.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

sval59

Post by sval59 »

Thanks Pat and Roger.  I told my husband this morning that I was using the message boards and that I was getting messages from the author of the book.  He was impressed.  Roger, thanks for all you're doing to help so many people.  I plan to be a great example for the LDL program and I will definitely encourage other people to give it a try. 

Pat, good luck with your last 20 pounds.  You look great in your picture and you have already accomplished such great weight loss.  So far, I haven't even tried any of the recipes, I'm finding it so easy just to eat on the plan straight from items I buy at the grocery store.  I do look forward to trying some of the recipes (maybe this weekend)......

God bless you both and Happy New Year!

Cheryl
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Cheryl,

Congrats on the 10 pounds, that's awesome :thumbsup:

This program has been a Godsend to me...it's so good to be losing weight and NOT BE ON A DIET!  This is a total lifetime change of eating healthier. 

I say it often, and I will say it again, THANK GOD for using Roger as the vessel to bring us LDL!

Check in here often, Cheryl, everyone is so encouraging!

Blessings & Hugs,
Doreen
sval59

Post by sval59 »

I am spreading the word.  I had a hair appointment on Saturday and my hair dresser was asking lots of questions. I wrote down the Web site address and told her to look it up and she could read all the testimonials.  I've also told lots of my friends and family already too.  Some seem very interested and some don't.  But, once they see how much weight I'm going to lose, they'll come around too!  I look forward to reading the message boards for more helpful tips and advice from the pros!

Cheryl
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

I told everyone about LDL when I first started, as well.  I usually got two kinds of responses:  1) That's nice for you; and 2) Give up bread and pasta?  Are you kidding?  My younger sister, after I had been on LDL for 1 1/2 years, began her journey on LDL and she's lost more weight than I have!!!  It really works.

Pat

patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

She already has, Roger.  It's Marcy.  She joins us from time to time.

Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

patsyfay wrote:1) That's nice for you; and 2) Give up bread and pasta?  Are you kidding?

Pat...I get similar comments from skeptics...Give up bread...NO WAY!  And so on.  But many have become interested and want to know more, so I send them to letsdolunch.com!!

Have a great day,
Doreen
sval59

Post by sval59 »

It's such a change for me to be this excited about an eating plan......I had a dentist appointment yesterday and wrote down the Web site for my hygenist before I left.  It's amazing how many people are looking for something that really works.  My clothes already fit so much better and I just feel great.  I definitely have a lot more energy than I did eating all the bad stuff!

Have a blessed Wednesday everyone.......

Cheryl
sval59

Post by sval59 »

I wanted to give everyone a progress report......After two months on the LDL plan, I've now lost 15 pounds.  I am so excited and cannot get over how easy it has been to adapt to this way of eating.  I love the fact that you're never hungry and can eat as much as you want of the LDL foods.  And, I'm definitely finding that my appetite has shrunk.  It seems that everyday when I bring my lunch to work, I end up bringing some of it back home with me because I can't eat it all.  And, the support from the message boards is just amazing.  What a wonderful group of people!

All I can say is praise God for working through Roger to help us with our weight problems that most of us have struggled with most of our lives before LDL!  For the first time, I know that I can eat this way for the rest of my life and be a healthier, happier person.

Cheryl
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Congratulations on your 15 lb. weight loss, Cheryl!!  Yes, LDL does work. I'm so glad that you're "hooked" on this WOE.  It really does work and it does, indeed, make you feel good and energize you.  Way to go, Cheryl!!!

Pat

sval59

Post by sval59 »

Yes, it truly is a wonderful feeling.  My husband told me my sweater was too large for me this morning.  This same sweater had fit snugly before.  I replied to him that the most amazing thing about it all is that I had lost 15 pounds in two months without exercising (which I plan to start soon) and have been able to eat delicious food and as much as I want of that delicious food.  I plan to spread the word to everyone that I know. 
needwife

Post by needwife »

hello sval, i see you are from greensboro, i am from thomasville, about 15 miles down the road, small world, was that interview on channel 2 new, i  dont know how i missed that, anyway good luck, ttyl needwife-----------P.S--roger if u are reading this----you ask me where i got my book, it was a christmas gift. they said they got it on line from your website.----you said something about added info . that my book dont have. how do i get that info? ttyl needwife
url=http://www.TickerFactory.%20%20(NEEDWIFE%20).com/weight-loss/wqTc32y/]Image[/url]
sval59

Post by sval59 »

Hello Needwife....we are practically neighbors.  The interview was on Fox 8.  If you go to the home page of the LDL Web site, you can watch the clip.  I'm so glad God had me in front of that TV that day!