Shredded Wheat Cereal

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
amackmann

Shredded Wheat Cereal

Post by amackmann »

I read that it was ok to have the plain shredded wheat cereal...but is it ok to have it every morning?  Or should it just be an every now and then for my cereal craving?

Thanks for any advise!
Amy
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: Shredded Wheat Cereal

Post by patsyfay »

Amy, most people find that having oatmeal or wheat for breakfast every morning can be a deterrent to weight loss.  I've found that having it just once a week works out nicely.  Another day you could have baked apples, and on another scrambled eggs on refried beans with fat free cheese and salsa, then maybe fruit or a fruit smoothie and some of us enjoy a nice bowl of bean soup for breakfast...very warm and satisfying.  If you can make popcorn flour, you might try popcorn flour pancakes once in a while.  Or look up the recipe for Banzo Biscuits and have those with egg salad on some mornings.  There are so many things to enjoy and then you won't get bored having the same thing every morning.  Hope this helps!!

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

amackmann

Post by amackmann »

Thanks for the advise.  I didn't think it was something I should be eating everyday...but wanted to check since it is something I enjoy very much  :)
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

I think you will find that what were once your favorite foods will become faint memories once you begin adding all the wonderful LDL foods to your eating plan.  Our bodies are incredible creations and can get used to anything (meant by the maker to keep us from stressing constantly, I believe) and you can break a habit and form a new one in just a few weeks. Enjoy the journey!!

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.