Microwave Popcorn

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
dboit

Microwave Popcorn

Post by dboit »

This is a great way to make microwave popcorn. Use a brown paper lunch bag, add 3 tablespoons of regular popcorn. Fold down top of bag two or three times.  Punch popcorn setting and microwave and watch it pop. Pour into  bowl and season with the Olive oil spray. So crispy and delish. Enjoy. *love*
Last edited by dboit on January 19th, 2009, 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Re: Microwave Popcorn

Post by Gwennaford »

Thanks for the tip, DB - My Presto microwave popper has just about had it!

Welcome to the message boards.  How do you like Let's Do Lunch so far?

Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Thanks for the reminder, I've heard this idea before but I'd forgotten it!

Doreen
sval59

Post by sval59 »

Thanks for the great tip since I do not have an air popper.  I can't wait to try popcorn this way.  At first, I didn't care for the olive oil spray on my popcorn - but, now I absolutely love it.  Funny, how your taste buds adapt. 
coons

Post by coons »

is a whole bag of smart pop popcorn too much for an evening snack?
needwife

Post by needwife »

hi folks, let me start  out by  saying , i am excited about this diet, all others have failed for me. roger i got your book as a christmas gift, i dont read much but this book has my full attention, i have alot of weight to lose.

starting weight was 502, i dont plan to weigh again till the end of jan. let me tell u what i  have  been eatting, i love stir fry type meals, i  have been eatting them 3 times a day.

this is what i put in my stir fry--check it out for me and let me know if i need to pull something out. cabbage,peas,corn,kidney beans , green beans, bell peppers, onions, can tomatos, 1tsp. chil.powder,2 pks of wendys hot chil.pks, 1pk of sweet and low . 

now other than that i have been eatting oranges in between  meals if i got hungry, and air popped popcorn with parkay buttery spray, and frozen grapes and that is pretty much it.

now i have a few questions---my down fall was i loved the crunchy stuff, crackers, kettle cooked potato chips.anything REALcrunchy---what can i have that is real crunchy----also  i  love sandwichs----if i grind the popcorn is there anyway to make bread to make a sandwich.

lol i didnt plan to write a book but i just need alittle help here.  one more thing--- when i get hungrey , i get bad stomach pain, real pain,  i went on the akins diet one time and those pains went away are these pains carb related. thank you for listening. :thumbsup:
Last edited by needwife on April 20th, 2009, 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.%20%20(NEEDWIFE%20).com/weight-loss/wqTc32y/]Image[/url]
sval59

Post by sval59 »

Welcome needwife!

I'm going to leave your questions to Roger and the other experts since I've only been on the plan for about 8 weeks.  But, I wanted to tell you that you have found the right place to finally lose the weight.  I love this plan and have tried everything under the sun before.  This is the first time that I don't feel like I'm on a diet at all.  And, the encouragement you get from all the LDL "angels" will overwhelm you - it's much better than any Weight Watcher meeting that I've ever attended.

I wanted to welcome you and tell you that we're all here for support!

God bless you and have a great day!

Cheryl
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Welcome, Needwife, to Let's Do Lunch!!  It seems you're ready to get going.  As for the stir fries.  What kind of oil are you using?  Extra virgin olive oil would be best.  We don't seem to need as much when we use that. Your ingredients list looks perfectly acceptable for LDL. Also, You might try to vary your meals instead of having the same thing for all three meals.  Try scrambled eggs on top of refried beans topped with fat free cheese and salsa for breakfast. Or a big bowl of fruit salad.  As for the crunchy stuff.  We all enjoy a product available at health food stores or at Amazon.com called Real Foods Original Corn Thins.  They are like rice cakes, only they are made from popped corn pressed together.  That's all they are, corn and salt.  We eat them right out of the bag, or we top them with tuna salad or egg salad.  In fact, some of the folks here will put sliced turkey breast or ham on them and some have even put a hamburger patty on them. Some will top them with some fat free cheese and "nuke" them for a few seconds and then put sliced tomatoes and/or slices of sweet onion on top.  You can also do the same thing with Wasa Light Rye Crackers.  Those two products should satisfy your need for something "crunchy".

Now as for the Parkay Buttery Spray.  What are the ingredients in that?  If there is sugar or any "ose" derivative, you should stay away from that.  You can get an inexpensive oil sprayer at Wal-Mart and fill it with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and spray your popcorn with that.  Much better for you, too.

As for your stomach pain, I'm sorry I can't help you out there.  I'm sure Niki, our resident nurse, or someone  who has experienced it will be able to answer that question.  Again, welcome to Let's Do Lunch.  We're so glad you've joined us.  God bless your journey.

Pat
Last edited by patsyfay on January 22nd, 2009, 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

needwife

Post by needwife »

wow that reply was quick, are you in my  house somewhere lol ---thank you so much for your reply. this weight i have been carrying around was about to get the best of me.

i feel like maybe this is my last chance to get this weight off, at 47  with this weight, my life has been ruff since i turned 40, i like to fish alot , and i use to play foozball on tour at 100,000 dollar tourniments, all was lost after 40, my legs just dont want to hold this weight up anymore.

so i am ready for change, i am not looking to be a super model, i just want to LIVE AGAIN . so roger its me and you for a long time , i will not go off this diet.

if it works ,  i get skinny, if it dont, well their is always the circus lol, that you all :thumbsup:
Last edited by needwife on April 20th, 2009, 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.%20%20(NEEDWIFE%20).com/weight-loss/wqTc32y/]Image[/url]
needwife

Post by needwife »

dear patsyfaye-----no oil in stir fry---just water
coons

Post by coons »

sorry, I had 6 messages when I asked if a bag of popcorn was too much for a nightime snack
and I pressed mark as read and lost them all before I could read them.
need new imput. Thanks
Did anyone find out about Ezekial bread? it is sprouted grains and not considered a starch by the makers
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Welcome needwife!

Welcome aboard the train to skinnytown.  I have been eating ldl since October 1st and feel  much better than I have in years.  That alone is a great reward.  I have also found that my aches and pains have diminished.  I have a lot of weight to lose so will be on this train for life but it is a great train to be on.

So enjoy this new way of eating and God bless you.

Hugs, Carrole
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Coons,

If Ezekiel Bread has flour, yeast, seeds, nuts and lots of dried fruit, then you might want to avoid it. Go to Pat's Journal to see the imput regarding your question about Ezekiel Bread :D.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Dear Needwife,

Good going.  Not using any oil in your stir frys is great, but you can use some, you know.  I lost 55+ pounds in a year and used EVOO every day!!

Pat

Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:Hi coons,

Welcome aboard our train to Skinnytown!

You are better off dry-popping your popcorn, and then add ICBINB or olive oil spray on top...and then add sea salt.

God bless and enjoy!

Roger Troy

Dear Coons - See Roger's answer to your popcorn question, above.  It's not the quantity that is the problem, it's the ingredients.  The amount in one bag is just right for one serving.  But you just really don't know what they put in the stuff so it's safer to make it at home.  Once you get used to eating popcorn with olive oil spray and your choice of seasonings, (including cinnamon & Stevia or Splenda) the Smart Pop will start tasting artificial and unpleasant to you.

We try to stay away from anything that is processed beyond it's original form, and from too many chemicals & additives.  The Smart Pop would be okay as a VERY occasional treat, or in the case of an emergency where you got caught out somewhere with no access to healthy LDL choices.  Like when you're stuck at work & sombody brings in a birthday cake - LOL! 

Good Luck and WELCOME to you!
ImageImage
Gwennaford
Master Member

Reply to Needwife

Post by Gwennaford »

Dear Needwife - I'm so excited you are here.  I told Sweet Pea (Carrole) and DakotaGirl I was going to start a new topic for those of us with 150 pounds or more still to lose, but I haven't done it yet.  Too busy socializing with all the wonderful new people here, I guess!

Your story touched my heart 'cause I can REALLY identify with you.  I am very happy and thankful you found Let's Do Lunch before you ended up in a wheelchair, like me!  I started at 409 pounds, but now I'm calling it 410 because it makes the math so much easier!!  :teeth:  I have lost 85 pounds my first year with Roger and the gang and I'm still going strong.

Please read "My story so far" in Medical Success stories
and come visit me on my journal page.  We'll talk more there.  You should consider starting one of your own so you can track your eating patterns & get help with any questionable choices.  Believe me, our lovable Food Police will gently help you with any issues that come up. 

Good job on the stir fries.  One thing I wanted to mention is about the Wendy's chili seasoning packets.  I used to LOVE the stuff, but I'm concerned it may contain sugar or corn syrup, etc. that you don't want to eat.  I would advise you to go ahead and start using olive oil.  It helps you stay full and satisfied longer and it makes your coat nice & glossy  :sideways: :laughing: ;D ;)  You can put in some hot red pepper flakes and garlic to season the oil and it will go all through the veggies.  Just DON'T let it get too hot before adding the veg, or you will be breathing red pepper fumes.  Not pretty.  *scyth*  Also I encourage you to read the labels and buy some hot sauces that don't have sugar as one of the first 5 ingredients.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone soon

Loves  - Gwen
ImageImage