A couple of questions?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
babyboomerbev

A couple of questions?

Post by babyboomerbev »

How do I get my pic. on the forum so it will show up in my post? And this is a food question-- I made the Betty's Potato Pancakes and the problem I had was that they did not hold together like potato pancakes would...I did just like recipe said so could you give me some suggestions...they were good but just did not stay together very well.
Bev
Gwennaford
Master Member

Re: A couple of questions?

Post by Gwennaford »

Roger, I don't know if I qualify as Police yet, but you are absolutely correct about adding a little moisture if the cakes are too dry.  If they are too wet you need to drain them better, maybe let them sit on paper towels for a few minutes before mashing, and still add the eggwhite or a little egg substitute to help them set.  The cans I get are always too wet and even my mashed betatoes get soupy.

Using a non-stick skillet with olive oil and a very thin silicone spatula will help, too.  Don't disturb them after they are in the pan until you are certain they are very brown on one side, then turn them & let them stay where they landed until they are set all the way through.

Having said all that, you are right - they are delicious, however they turn out!  Thanks to Anita!  Let us know how your next batch turns out, Bev, K?

Love, Gwen

P.S. - Bev, about your pic - after you  have posted 10 times you can copy it over from Photobucket, MySpace, or other Internet photo sharing program.  If you can't figure it out, you can email me your pic and I'll try to put it up for you.  Thanks to Vickie's advice, I think I've figured it out.
Last edited by Gwennaford on January 28th, 2009, 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
babyboomerbev

Re: A couple of questions?

Post by babyboomerbev »

Gwen,

Thanks so much for your help and suggestions. They were good..just all over the pan. I let them in the icebox for an hour before but will give more time next time and try the egg whites..
Bev