Introducing Myself!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
GrammyBlue

Introducing Myself!

Post by GrammyBlue »

Hello Everyone,
I received Roger's book on Sat. I spent the day reading it on Sunday. I am 59 years old and have about 120 pounds to lose. I have tried every diet I can think of and haven't had much success. I am going to have my husband hide the scale and try to wait a month to weigh, as Roger suggests. I would love to wake up everyday and not have this horrible worry about what I can or can't eat. I seem to obsess constantly about it. I guess I am saying I would love to feel like food doesn't control my life. I would love any words of wisdom or encouragement. I know I have a long journey ahead of me and am praying with this program and the grace of our heavenly Father I can start with baby steps! I am trying to lower my stress levels, as well.  I had to start on blood pressure medicine in Dec. I am praying, as I lose weight, I can get rid of this medication. Thanks so much and God bless! GrammyBlue
Gwennaford
Master Member

Re: Introducing Myself!

Post by Gwennaford »

Hi GrammyBlue - Welcome back!  I'm so happy you received your book.  Please read Chapters 2 through 6 at LEAST 3 times so you can get the eating plan firmly in your mind.

You will be getting a TON or encouragement & advice - whatever you need to be successful.  I encourage you to go to the Members Food Journal page and start a new topic with your name in the subject line.  If you post the foods you eat daily (not the quantities, just the names & ingredients if it's not an LDL recipe), we can make sure you get off to the best start possible.  Just click on the "Reply" tab to start every new day. 

I went back to your original post & saw that you have already received Roger's official welcome and some helpful advice!  I encourage you to read it again.

I have lost almost 100 pounds in my first year of Let's Do Lunch and still have 150 pounds to lose to reach my ultimate goal, so I look forward to working along with you for as long as it takes for us both to be successful! 
Last edited by Gwennaford on February 23rd, 2009, 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
3BOYS

Post by 3BOYS »

Hi Grammyblue,

Welcome and best of luck to you.  I am a newbie myself.  Gwen is correct, you will get loads of guidance and support.  Best of luck to you!

Marla
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Welcome Grammyblue,

I believe you will love this plan and will feel great also.  I've been on it almost 5 months and feel so much better than in years.  I use to have a hard time getting from the car in a parking lot into the store without stopping to rest.  Doing much better than that now.  I have cut my insulin dose in half and blood pressure is down.

Have a great week and come back to visit and post often.

Hugs, Carrole
lifegoeson24n7

Post by lifegoeson24n7 »

Hi GrammyBlue,

Welcome to LDL.  Everyone else already gave any advice I would have.  Just wanted to say "hello and welcome aboard."  I know many of the people here have reduced their medications, if not gotten off of them completely.  Please do take advantage of the help and support here, I know I depend on it.

--Jill
If you fall off the horse, climb right back on!
GrammyBlue

Post by GrammyBlue »

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! I plan on starting my food journal as soon as possible. This has been a tough year for us. On Sept. 14th we were hit very hard with Hurricane Ike. I live about 30 miles from Galveston, Texas. Our neighbor's 40 ft. tree hit our home and crashed into our kitchen. We had evacuated to San Antonio with family members. Water poured into our home and we were left with some major repairs. About a month later my DH fell off our very steep, 9 ft. roof, while doing repairs with his brother. He landed on the concrete on his back, but by some miracle only broke a wrist!! This has taken a large toll on my weight. I am a stress eater and prior to all of this, I  had 105 pounds to lose! I have put on 15 pounds since Sept. , and now have 120 pounds to get rid of. Our house repairs are done. We are so much more fortunate than others. So many people in our area are still in campers, Fema trailers, etc., trying to put their lives back together. I have got to tackle my weight issues. We have a new 6 months old grandson, and I hate the way I feel! I can't get out of a chair holding him. So, I am trying to let go of my stress and start fresh. I am praying this program will be my answer. I am sure I will need lots of help and have many questions. I have been reading many of the posts the last few days and I am truly  inspired by everyone! God bless you all!
GrammyBlue
dakotagirl

Post by dakotagirl »

Welcome!  I think you will find that you will really like the LDL eating plan.  I've been here about two months now and couldn't be happier with both the plan and the support and encouragement that I get here on the message board. 
Fit&fine
New, but learning

Post by Fit&fine »

Welcome aboard Grammyblue - I am fairly new to LDL
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGjye6x/]
[/url]
Fit&fine
New, but learning

Post by Fit&fine »

Sorry guys I hit enter to soon As I was trying to say welcome aboard Grammyblue. I am fairly new to LDL myself and so far this has been the best eating experience I've had in my life. Let me explain I have tasted many great dishes but after eating most of them I felt completely drained whereas on LDL not only am I full, satisfied & happy I feel energized like never before. LDL is the answer to one of the many prayers I have prayed over the last couple of years. So be encouraged and hang in there anything is possible with God.   *hug*
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGjye6x/]
[/url]
Believing I Can

Post by Believing I Can »

Welcome aboard, GrammyBlue! 
I have been on the LDL program since Feb 9th, and it is truly unlike any "diet" I have tried before(and I think I have tried them all).  I am working my way through the recipe cards and the recipes in the book, and so far I have not found any that I didn't thoroughly enjoy.  Physically, I am not as bloated and uncomfortable - I actually have normal-looking feet for a change!  I have a lot of weight to lose too, so as Gwen said, we will all work along together to get rid of it.
Everyone on the website is nice, and very helpful.  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. 
So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key.
The Eagles (Song: Already Gone)
cuzican

Post by cuzican »

GrammyBlue hang in there.  I also have tried every method known to man to lose and keep off weight.  This is by far the best plan I have tried.  I feel so much better, have lost 15# and would recommend it to anyone.  I am 60 years young and have about 70# to lose and feel this time its going to work.

Hugs

Barb