Chicken with Spinach Soup

All our yummy soup recipes!
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: Chicken with Spinach Soup

Post by patsyfay »

Nice to meet you, Deucer Pigeon!!  This is my first time seeing one of your posts.  I was away from the 'puter for a while.  This recipe sounds like a plateau blaster.  I will add it to my files.  See you again soon.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Hi Deucer Pigeon!  I'm so glad to see you here and enjoyed reading your story.  We hear so much from people who do it "perfectly", it's nice to hear from a real person, who has succeeded in spite of their real person issues! 

I think the Lord gave Roger Troy a special compartment to carry that quadruple-sized heart around inside that skinny body!  I just thank God that our spirits are not bound by the limitations of our bodies!  Thank you, God!

About hanging the moon... I always wondered about that.  Now I know!  LOL

I can't wait to try your pantry soup recipe.  It will come in VERY handy during hurricane season!  (I live just up the coast from RT & Anita.)

Your friend, Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Hi Deucer Pigeon,

I loved reading your story and thanks for the soup recipe. I made it as close as possible today with the ingredients I have here.  It was very tasty.

I too am a cancer surviver.  I had it year 2000.  It changes your life and makes you understand more fully the important people and things in life. 

Roger sounds like a wonderful person and feel so blessed to be following the ldl plan that God gave to him.  I know he gives a lot of his time and effort to all of us and the plan.

God's blessings on you both.

Hugs, Carrole
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi ,
      Your chicken and spinach soup sounded so good Kris and I are having it for Lunch. Boy does it ever smell good. We will let you know just how good!
                                  Judie
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

This sounds delish to me.  So, I printed it up to tuck away for a time of plateau....or maybe I will make it sooner. ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

I love this soup!.........espeically that it's easy.........and especially that it makes a huge amount so that I can eat leftovers AND freeze some for later.  It freezes very well. 
My dh and I aren't big on spicy hot foods so I don't add the can of green chiles or jalapeno pepper. Dh says it tastes good but it doesn't look that good.........but he's not been a spinach eater so maybe that's why.
Thanks deucer pigeon for another winner!
mrsj
greenheron

Post by greenheron »

I'm going to try this one, too.  I WILL use the canned green chiles...they're really quite mild...they just add a "Mexican pepper" flavor without adding real heat.....

unless you're my mother, who thinks if wave a jalapeno over a plate, the food's too hot ;)
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

unless you're my mother, who thinks if wave a jalapeno over a plate, the food's too hot

Well, lol, I used to be your mother.........I even used to not eat onions!!!! :shock:
That's one part of my Guamanian heritage I did not inherit.........love of spicy foods.

One time I used a can of Rotel diced tomatoes & green chilies in a recipe and that was too hot for me!
I suppose it does depend on the recipe and I don't remember which recipe I used.  That little can might do better in this Chicken w/Spinach Soup and not be so hot for me.......although I would be sure to buy the mild can over the original.

Btw, greenheron, I love the thread you started re the First magazine and/or God bringing you to this site.
Thanks for that!
mrsj
greenheron

Post by greenheron »

I'm with you on the Rotel, mrsj...we've occasionally made Rotel dip with Velveeta (the KING of cheeses ;) )  and the regular Rotel is too hot for me...I like the mild.

I tried to Google what the Scoville rating of the canned green chiles would be and I didn't have any luck.  I've used them in tortilla soup, taco sauce and a couple other things, and I enjoy the flavor they add.  I like a little heat, but I don't like heat without flavor. 

Thanks for the nice comment about my "First" thread...I'd been running across notes like that all over the board in the last few weeks, and I thought it would be fun to have them all together in one place. 
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

I made the soup and it is yum yum!  I used fresh spinach rather than canned.  But, other wise I made it the same, green chillies and all.  I like a little kick and this one kicked me just fine.  It makes a large quantity, so some will go in the freezer.  Daucer, it was good to hear of your success...keep up the good work!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.