Confused!

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
GrammyBlue

Confused!

Post by GrammyBlue »

I have been reading different posts today, and I am a little confused about a couple things. One, I read was that we are only allowed one protein per day. I know that we shouldn't have protein at night, but I thought we could have eggs in the morning and a protein at lunch, as well. The last 2 mornings, I have had the LDL sausage patties, and a protein at lunch, as well. When I read the food journals, I see that people do have eggs, etc. for breakfast and then protein at lunch.

I also read in Roger's wonderful book again last night, that we shouldn't snack on fruit between meals. Sometimes, frozen grapes are my only salvation! They really help. Do I need to cut these out, as a snack? I have read my book three times, but am confused on these issues. I do a water aerobics class every A.M. and the protein really helps in the morning. Should I cut it out?
Thanks so much.
Grammyblue
Gwennaford
Master Member

Re: Confused!

Post by Gwennaford »

Roger, I've already said this to GrammyBlue.  When I was doing water aerobics, it was IMPERATIVE for me to have some protein, fruit & water before starting to work out.  You're right, it didn't take much - 7 to 10 grams of protein and a few carbs right before starting was usually enough.  I also had to make sure I had a healthy, full meal ready very soon afterward to keep my energy level up.  When I didn't, I would crash & burn big time. 

GrammyBlue, It' s a good idea to rotate your proteins on the days you add them to breakfast so you're not always eating meat.  I don't think I mentioned that I really worked - sometimes two 40-minute classes back to back.  The days when I only ate fruit & didn't have some protein first, I would get dizzy and sick before the end of the workout and would have to stop because I exhausted my muscles.  One time they had to call Neil (my DH) & let him into the women's gym through the outside door to drag me out of the pool because I couldn't move my arms & legs.  :'(

I thought it was cool to be able to eat 4,000 calories a day & still lose weight.  And believe me, I counted every single one of those calories.  Turns out I was addicted to OVER-exercising.  So I hope nobody is doing that.  :thumbdown:  With an addictive personality, you just never know what form those addictions are going to take. 

That's the GREAT thing that I LOVE about Let's Do Lunch ... You can eat until your body tells you you're full and you don't have to depend on radical exercise programs, points & calorie counters to keep you out of trouble. 

Loves, Gwennaford
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
GrammyBlue

Post by GrammyBlue »

Thanks so much for the information Roger and Gwenna. I wasn't always rotating my proteins. That helps a lot. I do water aerobics 5 days a week , not because I am addicted to exercise, but because it keeps me moving. I have bad arthritis pretty much throughout my body. I just found out a few weeks ago, I have bone on bone in my shoulder with spurs. The doctor is talking about surgery to shave off a small piece of the bone, but I will have to see. The water keeps me going. It is my salvation for that reason! Otherwise, I would love to stay in bed. I have never been an exercise junkie!! On Tues., and Thurs., my class is an hour and a half. This morning I only ate a banana and an apple. I went to the store after class, and didn't come home until 1:00. I was ready to tear the house down. I felt so done in. I ate at 7:00, and six hours is a long time to go. I bought a banana at the store and ate it in the car. I realize my body needs the protein before exercise. I just paniced, when I saw some other posts. I realize I have got to listen to my body, though.

I have only been on this program 2 weeks. It will be 3 weeks on Monday. I haven't weighed, but if I never lose a pound, I feel so healthy and so much better on this program. I have had zero heartburn and the swelling in my feet is totally gone. I give praise to our heavenly Father for this wonderful program and thanks to all of you for your wonderful guidance!! My DH says he has seen such a change in me in just the few weeks, even with being sick last week ( and getting off program some), I feel so much better physically and emotionally. Praise be to God!!!!
God bless,
GrammyBlue
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Wow, your entire situation sounds like I could have written it.  Sorry about the bone on bone thing.  I can identify.

I didn't mean to imply you were an exercise junkie.  I KNOW it makes you feel 1,000 percent better.  Where did you ever find a 1-1/2 hour aquatics class?  I would love to do that for arthritis.  I haven't been back to the gym since that one I was going to went "feet up" and closed its doors, taking everyone's membership $$ with it.  :sad:

Just don't neglect your pre- and post- exercise nutrition planning, 'K? Fill up a insulated lunch bag with frozen grapes & a boiled egg to have as soon as you get out of the water.  I used to shower off & have my snack poolside while I was still drip drying.  LOL  :laughing:

You are doing such a good job with your LDL meals.  Did you find it was easy to get back with the program after you were sick and went off a little bit?

(gentle) Hugs, Gwen  :angel:
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
GrammyBlue

Post by GrammyBlue »

Gwen,
Don't worry I sure didn't take it that you thought I was an exercise junkie! Food Junkie, (in the past, but not exercise)! As much as I have to force myself out of bed in the morning, I don't think I could over indulge in that!! I go to a local recreation center that has a pool. Our classes on Tues., Thurs. are an hour and a half and on Mon, Wed., Fri. an hour. We pay by the session and there is no membership. I have done water aerobics for 11 years, but only 3 years for 5 days a week. It is tough in the winter, because they keep the water around 80-82 degrees. I have a neoprene jacket and it really helps. Some days it is pretty cold on the old joints, but I move a lot faster!!!

No, I didn't have a hard time getting back to program. That is the beauty of this wonderful program. In the past I threw everything out the window and claimed it as another one of my diet failures. I love LDL!!! God Bless!
Hugs,
GrammyBlue