what do you crave?

Get innovations here.
snowbirdie
Master Member

what do you crave?

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi all,
       Well tell me what you all crave now that you have been on LDL.  I have been craving a plate full of greens. With a little braggs vinegar and white beans with a little salt and pepper and probably some cooked chicken breast. Boy have my cravings changed. Even if I think about food I think up different recipes.  I don't know what kind of greens they will have in the store today but I'm gonna get some.     Judie                                                                 
    PS    By greens I mean hot cooked greens not lettuce and the cold stuff.
Last edited by snowbirdie on March 12th, 2009, 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saved4Life

Re: what do you crave?

Post by Saved4Life »

I actually crave fruits, popcorn and BEANS made any way you can think of!

I never would have believe it 6 months ago, that I would make that statement  *woot*
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Roger,
       I really don't like pizza anymore. Even to make a little tomato and ff cheese on wasa. I think if I allowed myself I could get in trouble with bread though. But no it doesn't really bother me. I keep some whole grain bread in the freezer for the boys but they don't get it often and they don't ask for it anymore. So pretty soon they wont need that crutch anymore.  Hooray for beans and greens!
                Judie

chocolate is not good anymore either although a little peppermint is good-sf.
Last edited by snowbirdie on March 12th, 2009, 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Last night at Red Lobster I ordered a bake potato for my birthday dinner and you know what, I didn't even take one bite of it because I did not want it.  Amazed me because as Niki is the bean queen, in days gone by, I would have been the potato queen.  They also wanted me to get one dessert and everyone around the table would have a bite.  My little granddaughter was saying, "yes grandma, get some cake".  I looked at desserts and it almost made me feel sick.  Even though I disappointed some, I couldn't order one.  I came home craving some cold delicious grapes and that was what I had.  It is truly amazing.
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup: CARROLE...YOU GO GIRL  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi all we had our beans and greens. They were so good.
                Judie
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Saved4Life wrote:I actually crave fruits, popcorn and BEANS made any way you can think of!

I never would have believe it 6 months ago, that I would make that statement  *woot*

from Carrole:
I came home craving some cold delicious grapes and that was what I had.  It is truly amazing.

This kind of talk does my mother hen heart good, like medicine !  LOL  It is SO TRUE!  Praise God.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
sugarbeartf

Post by sugarbeartf »

I crave fruit and smoothies. I have always loved fruit, but didn't buy it often cause of the price, but now I buy it all the time. I make extra in the mornings and give my son a glass before school. He loves it too.
I use to crave potatoes bad. But not anymore. I made mashed potatoes for my dh and kids tonight and didn't even want any. My first 2 weeks on LDL, I would cook supper for the rest of my family, then cook my food for lunch the next day. I was in the kitchen until bedtime. That got old quick, now I fix LDL suppers for the most part, with alittle extra for them, but then my lunch is done the next day. My oldest son complains, he does not like to eat healthy, but my youngest son and dh like the food. So, the majority wins.  :)

Tracy
lifegoeson24n7

Post by lifegoeson24n7 »

I crave ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH.  Can't seem to get enough.  I like it fresh roasted, I like it pureed with chicken broth, I like it 2 day old and microwaved.  Butternut Squash is definitely addictive.  Even one of my co-workers (that I don't talk to) walked by my desk at lunch and said "pumpkin again?"  I just smiled and said "Butternut Squash".
If you fall off the horse, climb right back on!
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi Gwennie, You sure do look beautiful in your red hat!
                  Judie
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Gwen,

I absolutely love the new picture…you look BEAUTIFUL!
sugarbeartf

Post by sugarbeartf »

Roger,

I don't tell him whats in it, but he knows I'm watching what I eat, and its healthy, so he don't like it. He eats the beef potato pie, but does not like the "potato" on top. Does not like the meatloaf or R.M.s made right (no one but me likes that). He liked the fish pie, but without the "potato". That ruined it, he told me. I do just fix the meals, and they either eat it or starve. I got tired of cooking 2 meals every night. My oldest just has to be difficult. He liked the parmesan chicken I made last night. He'll get over it. Haha

Gwen, love the new picture.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

well ... Roger, maybe you have heard of one ...

sugarbeartf wrote:I don't tell him whats in it, but he knows I'm watching what I eat, and its healthy, so he don't like it. ...does not like the "potato" on top. Does not like the meatloaf or R.M.s made right .... potato... That ruined it, he told me. I do just fix the meals, and they either eat it or starve. I got tired of cooking 2 meals every night. ... just has to be difficult. ...

Tracy, not only have I been there, done that, got the T-shirt, but I am ALSO the Mayor of that Town...  Some people just have to be difficult or they aren't happy.  There is an alternative to either eating it or starving & it looks like DH found it.  He stopped coming home for meals completely.  Too bad for him.
ImageImage
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Gwen,

For real?  Neil doesn't come home for meals???  :wrong:
Gwennaford
Master Member

OFF TOPIC

Post by Gwennaford »

Nope.  He leaves at 5:30 a.m. & comes home to dialyze and sleep.
ImageImage
Believing I Can

Post by Believing I Can »

Gwen - too bad (for him), he sure is missing some great meals!!!

I find myself craving beans too!  And I love the smoothies at night.  Now I no longer go to bed feeling uncomfortable because I have eaten a heavy meal just a few hours before.
So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key.
The Eagles (Song: Already Gone)
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Believing I Can wrote:Now I no longer go to bed feeling uncomfortable because I have eaten a heavy meal just a few hours before.

SO TRUE, CAROL.  Or in my case, just a few minutes before. That's another thing that I used to do to my body regularly that makes me shudder now.  I would eat until I couldn't move, then go lie down until I felt like I could start moving around again, so I could get up & go eat again.  Disgusting. 
ImageImage