Contest Announcement

Please keep an eye out here for important website updates!
EnJae
Master Member

Re: Contest Announcement

Post by EnJae »

I'll go for 6024.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Here's mine again, in the proper place.  THANK YOU

Hello, Fearless Leader - Get my T-Shirt ready for shipping!  My prediction is 49,012 registered members, according to the message board's current count.  It's a shame the board lost count, but I don't think the estimated uncounted number can be used for purposes of the contest, do you?

My number is based on the supposition that, if 4.6 million people read the article, then 1 out of 10 will visit the LDL website.  If 1 out of 10 of those actually register, it would add 46,000 new members to the existing 3012.

Do you have any figures on the corrolation between number of books sold and number of registered members?  I know there are MANY who have the book who don't register....  You'd better ask your publisher to get another printing ready!
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Me, too!  I'm gonna go with it.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
greenheron

Post by greenheron »

I'm not going to make any predictions, except that you should see tremendous response from your article.  It would be a shame if the website weren't mentioned, but most people these days are net-savvy enough to do a search, and your page comes up high in searches, so your Search Engine Optimization must be working ;) 

I watched in horror/amusement the trainwreck that was/is Kimkins.  When the bogus pictures and starvation plan were featured in Woman's World magazine, their website was hammered and people were paying $60 a year, I believe, to endanger their health and eat egg whites and plain chicken.  If you're offering something that looks doable, tasty, successful, economical and flexible, you'll get traffic.  I think the key is to highlight the fact that you can eat basic foods that DON'T take a lot of work, or really delicious things that might take more prep but yield satisying dishes.  For many people, I think a little more detail with "sample menus" would be a draw.  I know there are some in the book, and if you look, you'll see people's journals.  Maybe the mods/food police could sift through the journals of those they know are on plan and pull examples that can be grouped in one area of the board for new people to peruse, to see what this really consists of and what really works.

I know other people have had trouble with seeming discrepancies or contradictions between old info, new info, book info, board info.  I don't think you should delete old posts, but perhaps those that were posted by RT or mods that contain things you no longer recommend could have an edited line in a bright color, dated, stating why "this statement no longer applies" or whatnot...just a little explanation, since not all users are going to see related posts elsewhere to get newer advice.  (Does that make sense?)

I'm looking forward to seeing the article.  I hope you see great results from it!
806Shari

Post by 806Shari »

I'm with Gwennaford on this one.  I do believe it will be high. My guess for now is 31,600. 

Shari

snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi all
      I suppose I will go for 7013. But I hope it will be a lot more!
                          Judie
graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

Hi ,
          my guess is 13013
                              kris
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Okay, my guess is 4,443.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

sugarbeartf

Post by sugarbeartf »

My guess is 6,325.

Tracy
greenheron

Post by greenheron »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:Mom's first guess is 18,000. Great points, greenheron. Please do me the favor of going to our website, www.letsdolunch.com , which is where the Cover Feature will send women, and give me your impression of what is there and where it sends you.

God bless,

Roger Troy

Roger Troy, I'm going to reply privately so I can rattle on for pages and page ;) with my impressions.  My husband is a web developer, and I'm bouncing some questions off him, too.  OK, I promise not to write pages and pages.
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

I'm gonna go w/ 17,000! I'll have to tell you all why later as to where I've been for so long and why it will be quite some time til I can really return to the boards. Just know I'm here in spirit and prayers! Veronica
thyroid

Post by thyroid »

My guess 4,613 I hope its alot more.
Don't ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.
KinCA

Post by KinCA »

Hello All,
I am one of those who got the FIRST magazine in the mail 2 days ago, read the story yesterday, and ordered my book from B&N today, (did not know about this website until after I ordered it.)  So knowing that the advance subscription copies prompted at least one person to buy the book immediately.....  will that change any of the estimates??!!

I look forward to receiving the book.  I am going to get started based upon the limited information in the magazine article.

K in CA