Starting again

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
isign17

Starting again

Post by isign17 »

It's been a few years since I found the Roger's book.  At that time I wasn't fully committed to making a life change, and I fell off the wagon.  :blush: (Before getting off track, however, I did lose 8 lbs the very first week I was on the program!)  So I know it works and I'm looking forward to trying again.  I know God is with me and will keep showing me how to overcome this problem, and I think LDL will help me along the way!
So, I guess I should weigh in and set my goal.  I am currently 260 lbs after having my second child. :sad:  I would love to lose 80 lbs and get to 180.  But at this point in time, I'd be happy just getting to 200!  ;D If anyone has any advice for me as I start this journey, I would be so grateful!  I would also appreciate prayers!! I know this battle is spiritual as much as it is physical.  Thanks!
-Andrea
P.S.  I am so impressed to see that you donate the proceeds to medical research, Roger!  It makes me want to commit all the more because I know how much you believe in what you've written and experienced.  Thanks for letting God use you in such an awesome way!
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: Starting again

Post by patsyfay »

Welcome back, Andrea!  My advice is: don't sweat the small stuff and just do what the book says to the best of your ability. If you slip, get right back on.  You will find that once you are established in this WOE, you will never want to try another.  Even after the first couple of weeks you will notice how much energy you have, how much better you are sleeping and that you are not bloated like you are on the average American diet.  You can do this, and I agree with your entry where you said you wanted to be able to spend time playing with your kids instead of watching TV.  That will come sooner than you think.  God bless you.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

sval59

Post by sval59 »

Hi Andrea, welcome back.  I've only been eating the LDL way for five months, but my advice to you would be to forget everything you've always been told about dieting - cutting calories, weighing portions, low-fat, diet foods - and just eat the way the book tells you to eat.  Before you know it, you will be craving fresh fruits and beans and not even want the things that have made you gain weight.  I was skeptical when I started the plan because it sounded just a little too good to be true.....but I can guarantee you that if you follow the plan, you will be successful and you will love this way of eating.  The weight loss will happen and you will feel better than you have in years and will have plenty of energy for your kids.  I've dropped several sizes already and don't even feel like I'm dieting.  Now, the LDL foods are what I crave.  My other advice to you would be to visit the boards frequently (great group for support), and to try lots of the recipes for variety.  Everything I've tried so far has been yummy!  God bless you and good luck!

Cheryl
isign17

Post by isign17 »

Wow!  I wasn't expecting such quick responses.  Thank you all so much for your advice and support.  I'm really getting excited about this.  I've been on such a roller coaster since I had my second child and I was getting to a place of hopelessness.  I will definitely come here as much as I can to stay motivated and encouraged.  It's actually hard to imagine getting the weight off...I almost can't even think of what it would be like!  But I'm so ready to work at this and not be a slave to my cravings any more.  What a vicious cycle that is!

Thanks again!
Andrea
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Hi Andrea - Good to see you here.  I know what you mean about losing post-baby weight.  Your hormones are all topsy-turvy, too and that makes it hard.  I'm finally getting around to losing my baby fat.  My youngest just turned 21.  :laughing:  I recently watched her church dedication video.  I thought I was SO FAT at the time.  I still had a little tummy and weighed around 200 pounds -- about 25 pounds over where I wanted to be. 

Looking back, I used to beat myself up because I didn't stop it right there & lose the 25 pounds, instead of waiting for my weight to balloon up to 410, so that I had 250 pounds to lose, 10 times more than I had in 1988.  Then I felt like the Lord led me to the understanding that I would have lost it if I could, but it wasn't time yet & I didn't have the appropriate tools.  Or I would have lost it and still put on 250 more.

I know with a positive certainty that the Lord brought me together with Let's Do Lunch, and into relationship with all these wonderful people, at EXACTLY the right time for me.  Now when I'm tempted to go off the plan, I have WAY more to answer to than just myself & the message boards.  I believe He dropped Let's Do Lunch in my lap, perfect and complete, at a time when I was vulnerable enough to receive it deep into my spirit.  Am I going to slap God in the face by cheating on His plan?    I don't THINK so !  :blink:
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
isign17

Post by isign17 »

Thank you!  I believe God brought this back into my life at just the right time too.  Something has to be done.  I am headed for distaster if I stay on the same course.  Breakthrough is happening slowly, but I do believe it's happening. :)  I so appreciate the support and encouragement!!
Gwennaford
Master Member

Re: Starting again with a Food Journal

Post by Gwennaford »

Hi Andrea.  How are you doing today?  I wanted to encourage you and other new people to go to the Food Journals section of the boards & start a new topic that you can use as a journal for yourself where we can help you track and monitor your progress on Let's Do Lunch.  Every day you start a new page by clicking on "reply" to your previous post.  You can click on "modify" in the upper right corner of your previously posted messages to correct mistakes & update the journal throughout the day.  It is also a handy place to blog your feelings and indulge in "off topic" chatter (non LDL posting).

In your food journal, you just post the foods you have eaten, not the quantities.  Since we don't portion control on Let's Do Lunch, there's no need to go there.  Occasionally some chose to share the amount, simply because it is amazing how much good food you can eat and still lose weight.  Sometimes people with the "old dieter's mentality" have issues with not eating enough at mealtimes & being hungry later.  Sharing that sort of info helps us help each other be successful.

Enjoy your LDL Day!

Gwen
Last edited by Gwennaford on May 5th, 2009, 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Bonnie CHA!

Re: Starting again with a Food Journal

Post by Bonnie CHA! »

Hi everyone!  I'm new to the boards, and 3 days into the LDL Lifestyle.  *love*

I am anxious to here tips and tricks, give and recieve encouragement!  I scouring the message boards I have truly been inpired!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!
On the journey....

snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

HI WELCOME,
        when I first started to diet I weighed 240 pounds . Then found LDL.  Its been about 2 years I guess. This morning I got weighed after about 2 or 3 months and guess what I am now 170. I can wear between a 16 and a 14. Down from a 24. So it does work. I usually have a bowl of legal soup and piece of fruit for breakfast.  So I hope you enjoy all the yummy recipes and loose all the weight you want.    Judie