Life with an ailing husband

Let us pray for you!
dna

Life with an ailing husband

Post by dna »

*love*

My body has suffered being overwhelmed by an ailing husband.  I am a Christian and there is not enough time for me;  therefore I eat unhealthy.  I have lost the want to be better
Changed
Gwennaford
Master Member

Re: Life with an ailing husband

Post by Gwennaford »

That is SO true, Roger.  Receiving encouragement from you and my friends on these message boards have gotten me through a very tough year.

DNA - please read my story about my struggles with my husbands (and my own) health concerns.  It is a very long thread & I still need to update it, because he has been hospitalized two more time, two weeks each, with weak lungs complicated by chronic bronchitis, and most recently a heart attack.  http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... ic=4180.60

It is not easy being a cargiver.  It is frequently discouraging and depressing.  But the Lord has brought me through it with humor and a great deal of love and laughter from my friends here.  I don't even want to consider having tried to go through all we have without having Let's Do Lunch in my life.  The Lord brings us what we need in His perfect timing.  Hopefully, He has brought you here to receive strength & courage from us, too!

I'm going to copy this over to the above thread so I won't have to type it all up again.

Hugs to you, DNA --

Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Vivvy
New, but learning

Post by Vivvy »

Dna,

Your post touched me not as much by what you did say as by what was left unsaid.  It takes an amazingly selfless person to put another in front of yourself.  My prayers for you are that you do indeed take a little time and healthy eating for yourself.  If God trusted you to be a lifeline for another, he needs you to be healthy doing it! 
catboz

Post by catboz »

Dear DNA,

It is a couple of months since you posted this. I could have typed the exact same thing. My husband had been sick for a long time and especially in the past year. I knew I loved him with all my heart but it was a struggle, especially when we weren't exactly sure what the real problems were. I found myself getting frustrated with him and myself. I did pretty much give up on myself and am just now to the point that I know something has to change. (That's why I ordered LDL and just started reading it.) I lost my husband in April. He was on life support for a week. I never really left his side. The doctor told me that I needed to start taking care of me because he only wanted one patient. I knew he was right though. I put all I had into caring and worrying about my husband. I lost myself. I am still struggling with the sadness of it all. I still beat myself up at times wondering what I could have done differently or better. But right now the thing that comes to mind and I want to share with you is the thought of the flight attendant who tells the passengers that in the event the air bags deploy it is imperative that you place your mask on before those of your children. To me that is a picture we need to remember as caregivers. If we are not well ourselves we won't be able to help anyone else. I am hoping that by this time you have some good news to share and that you have taken this program on and have made some changes. (I have not officially started but I will very soon.) May God bless you and remember how very much HE loves you. Today is Father's Day. Remember that he is YOUR FATHER and HE is crazy about you. Don't give up!!!!!! I will be praying for you both.
Cathy