Updates

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Thistle
New, but learning

Updates

Post by Thistle »

Hi,  :)
I'm new to the boards. I just ordered and read LDL the first edition. Is there a whole lot of different info in the second book?  Can we get the updates that are in the second book here on the forum?
I'm a little confused on the fruit thing. He says to eat fruit for breakfast and dinner and not in between meals..but then he said his wife keeps a supply of fruit salad and raisins by his bedside for when ever he wants it. Kind of contradictory..  :'(  Can someone explain? Thanks.
Jerzygrl09

Re: Updates

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

Also, in the First article - the plan suggests a fruit smoothie breakfast, a fruit snack before and after the protein lunch, a fruit dinner and a fruit dessert. So, can we snack on fruit during the day or not???
Thistle
New, but learning

Post by Thistle »

Thank you! :thumbsup:  I emailed you
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Jerzygrl09,

In the beginning, Roger tells you to eat as much fruit as you want, whenever you want until all your cravings for sugary things are gone.  So yes, you can eat fruit during the day.  You will find, as time goes by, that you will not want that much fruit.  Eat from all the food groups until you are full, whenever you are hungry.  Again, as time goes by, you will no longer need to eat as much as you do in the beginning of your LDL journey.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Jerzygrl09

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

Wonderful!!! You are all so helpful and informative. All this information is wonderful - especially while waiting for your book!!!
sval59

Post by sval59 »

I've been on the plan for 5 1/2 months and I've not even wanted to snack - not even in the beginning.  For me, the foods that we eat satisfy me so much that I don't have a need to snack.  I never thought I could just look at things like cookies, pizza, ice cream, candy and have no desire to eat them, but I'm there......and, I think you'll be there too once you get started.  Actually, now when I look at them, they do nothing for me.  It is simply amazing and I'm so thankful to God for Roger and this plan!  You will be amazed too and welcome aboard.....

Cheryl
Thistle
New, but learning

Post by Thistle »

Wow.  it's amazing. It's so simple, I never would have thought of using fruit to get rid of the sugar cravings.  That's what I'm looking for. I want more fruit in my diet and this program looks perfect.  ;D

Cheryl, do mind if I ask how much weight you've lost?
sval59

Post by sval59 »

Hi there.  I've lost 34 pounds.  And, that is without any form of exercise....I should be exercising, but now I'm working full-time and going to school part-time and just having trouble finding time.  I'm not losing weight as fast as some of the folks on the boards, but I'm very happy with my results.  When I first started out, I didn't set a timeframe, but I would have been happy if it had taken me a year to lose this much because normally I have a very slow metabolism (probably from all my yoyo dieting throughout my life).  This is the fastest results I've seen for myself and certainly the easiest, most satisfying plan!  Not to mention a plan that I can stick with for the rest of  my life!  Welcome aboard and good luck!

Cheryl