Starting today

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
raquia02

Starting today

Post by raquia02 »

Hi I saw your article in First and I tried the smootie this morning. I've tried every diet under the sun and nothings seems to work. I'm 5'5 and 210pounds. I can never seem to get under the 200lbs mark. I just recently got engaged and my wedding is next year summer and I want to fit in a dress not buy a dress to fit me. I'm a mother of 4 and I had 3 c-sections. Before my kids I was 110lbs and after them I've sky rocketed to this. I am buying the Ldl book today and with all the success stories I've read I hope I to can be on the road to skinny town. Thanks
niki
Administrator

Re: Starting today

Post by niki »

raquia02 wrote: my wedding is next year summer and I want to fit in a dress not buy a dress to fit me.

hi r2....you're certainly in the right place........try to minimize the snacking by eating nice size meals until full when you do eat.....you'll be just the size you want to be by next summer...congratulations to you on your forthcoming marriage...sincerely,niki
ps...one of the secrets is to eat as many beans as you can manage............... 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
sval59

Post by sval59 »

Hi Niki....I knew you would get the plug for beans in.....thanks to you, that is probably the one food item on the LDL plan that benefits me the most.  A day without beans is like a day without sunshine....

Cheryl
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Just in case raquia02 doesn't know, Niki is our BEAN QUEEN.  She knows the wonderful benefits of beans and how they work so hard to stabilize our blood sugars.  I love reading her posts...they are always so encouraging and educational.  It's easy to follow a WOE when you KNOW the benefits ahead of time.  Thanks, Niki, and welcome, Raquia02!

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Raquia02,

It is great to have you!! I just started on Sat. and this community is a great help and encouragement! I am 5'3 and am 208lbs. I too was thin before having 3 kids. I was at 243lbs but I lost 45lbs over the period of 2yrs of yo-yo dieting and can't get below 200lbs. I am very confident that this will work because not only is it a lifestyle change and not a diet but there are so many good people here that are supportive and helpful. I wish you the best of luck and can't wait to hear of your progress!! Hope to talk to you more in the future so we can share our successes!

God bless,
Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
thompson8674

Post by thompson8674 »

Hello everyone!  I just started the plan this morning.  I am so excited!!  I really feel this can work for me.  I am almost 38 and have 2 kids.  I am 5'4" and weigh 212 lbs.  I was always little until I had children.  I have tried so many other diets but never got the results I needed.  I read the blue book last night and passed it on to my mom this morning.  I have a co-worker who got her book today.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wIp9owM/]
[img]
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Tina and thompson8674.  Looks like you both have many things in common!  That is a great incentive to keep you both on track as you compare notes and share successes.  And please post your success so the rest of us can be encouraged.  Come back often and ask all the questions you can think of.  It's so nice to have you in the family.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Thompson8674,

Welcome, welcome!! We can do it!! The encouragement from everyone on here is amazing and everyone is so helpful! Do hesitate to ask as many questions as you want, I have asked many and everyone always had great answers and encouragements!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Life4Now

Post by Life4Now »

Welcome  :rose:
    You can do this. It is the most forgiving way of eating (I don't like that d-word). Just remember the basic's and that it will be slow or for some fast in your weight loss efforts. Ask question's and have fun.  :thumbsup:  *^_^*
If your doing 90%, why do you worry about the other 10%
Laura Loretta

Post by Laura Loretta »

Congrats on your future wedding!  That is a big goal for me too; I'm getting married next fall and I'm hoping to lose at least 20 pounds by then (my idea would be to get back to my high school weight of 102lbs - I'm 4'8").

Best of luck to you!