Post menopausal; need for calcium

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
built2quilt

Post menopausal; need for calcium

Post by built2quilt »

Hi...I'm new to the program...I've been reading my book but my concern really wasn't addressed....Being a post menopausal woman, I'm concerned that I won't be getting enough calcium even if I take supplements....Why are dairy products restricted?  Thanks, Joy
Joy
graceface66
Master Member

Re: Post menopausal; need for calcium

Post by graceface66 »

Hi here is a link to a site listing the amount of calcium in various foods

http://www.johnrussell.name/recipe/calcium.htm

Now of course some items on the list are LDL no-nos  like seeds, nuts and bread etc......but many choices are acceptable
                                            G-d bless and have a good day
                                                            Kris
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

b2q.........don't worry about any of that.....take a good calcium supplement and you'll be fine....i could never sit and plan my meals based on what each food provides...take a good supplement and you're covered.....PLUS, weight bearing exercise is also very good for your bones to strengthen them AND good for everything else besides...
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Recently discovered that my Vit. D is chronically low since starting LDL.  I don't have any way of knowing whether it's related to not eating dairy, of just a side effect of arthritis-associated health problems.  I had to take 50,000 unit to get me up to speed.  Even eating all the high calcium LDL foods I still have to take 1500 IU of calcium +D supplement daily.  I get it at Walmart.

Gwen
Last edited by Gwennaford on May 12th, 2009, 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage